AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Underoath News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Dallas Taylor Selling "Act of Depression" Tape and Reel

Posted by - 11:06 AM on 02/19/13
Dallas Taylor (Maylene & The Sons of Disaster, ex-Underoath) is selling the DAT tape and studio reel from Underoath's first record, Act of Depression, on ebay.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
11:09 AM on 02/19/13
leftapart
User Info.
Holy hell already at 1200 dollars. pretty cool item though. cash in while its hot!
11:10 AM on 02/19/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I was really interested until I saw the price tag on that bad boy. Someone will probably buy it though.
11:15 AM on 02/19/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
I saw when he posted it, I hope it goes to a good owner. It's a shame he's in this predicament in the first place though otherwise I doubt he would be selling it =\
11:19 AM on 02/19/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I'm surprised we don't see more band members selling stuff like this after they break up.

I'm sure they could make money on a lot of items.
11:22 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Holy hell already at 1200 dollars. pretty cool item though. cash in while its hot!

Well nobody's actually bid yet, that's the starting price he set. Sure someone will buy this though lol.
11:27 AM on 02/19/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
That's pretty neat
11:35 AM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
No one finds this odd how their is no description on the item? That's going to drastically lower the amount of potential buyers. Also, I find it funny to see these items go up from band members who's username is their real name and they have no feedback. I thought just about everyone used eBay.
11:42 AM on 02/19/13
Jake Gyllenhaal
Through the lips, over the gums
User Info.
No one finds this odd how their is no description on the item? That's going to drastically lower the amount of potential buyers. Also, I find it funny to see these items go up from band members who's username is their real name and they have no feedback. I thought just about everyone used eBay.
Dude needs to spice up his auction page.
11:48 AM on 02/19/13
XErikxthexRedX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Saw this the other day, and was wondering where in the world it came from. I guess it would make sense that it would be Dallas selling it.
12:04 PM on 02/19/13
RobisLegend
I miss The Movielife
User Info.
I saw when he posted it, I hope it goes to a good owner. It's a shame he's in this predicament in the first place though otherwise I doubt he would be selling it =\
What's going on? I know Maylene's heat is all but over after records III & IV (but II is still ill!). I also vaguely remember he was hard-up for cash a while ago.
12:14 PM on 02/19/13
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
Ampex 456 tape? I wonder if this is 1 inch or 2 inch tape, and how many tracks/stems there are... If there's minimal mixing already, someone could a full analog remix and analog mastering for a vinyl press, without any digital quantization. Now that would be nice!
12:38 PM on 02/19/13
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
User Info.
What's going on? I know Maylene's heat is all but over after records III & IV (but II is still ill!). I also vaguely remember he was hard-up for cash a while ago.
I can't tell you exactly but if you've seen his facebook posts you're probably somewhat aware. I'm pretty sure his wife left him though, so that's probably part of it.
01:03 PM on 02/19/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
Ampex 456 tape? I wonder if this is 1 inch or 2 inch tape, and how many tracks/stems there are... If there's minimal mixing already, someone could a full analog remix and analog mastering for a vinyl press, without any digital quantization. Now that would be nice!
Honestly, if that was an option $1,000 doesn't seem too bad considering I'm willing to bet they could sell 50 at $20 a pop easily.
01:13 PM on 02/19/13
love_american_style
User Info.
I'll give you 500 for it.

dude, it's the master tape!

okay, 300.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles