Username
Password
Bridge 9 Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bridge 9 Records
Inside AP.net

Boysetsfire to Release New Album on Bridge Nine

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (02/19/13)
Boysetsfire will release their new album (and first since 2006) later this year on Bridge Nine Records. They are currently in the studio recording the effort.
BoySetsFire has been a band for nearly two decades. In that time the band has played hundreds of shows to anyone that would watch, from basements to festival audiences. They've lived through the terror or rap-rock, the tyranny of nu-metal, and the dark days of pop-punk. They were around before the internet. They made demo tapes. They recorded 4 LP's, EP's, Cd's and even a cassingle. They have played the song "Rookie" over 1,000 times. They have fallen off more stages than most people have stood on. They have been signed and dropped and signed and dropped. Frankly, most bands would have given up years ago. Now, BoySetsFire are excited to announce that they'll be recording their first studio album in almost 7 years, marking their first partnership with Bridge Nine Records. BSF guitarist Joshua Latshaw said, "We are excited to announce that Bridge Nine will be releasing the next BoySetsFire full-length in select territories. We could not be happier to be associated with the label, who has put out some of our favorite records and came highly recommended by bands currently working with them. It was their reputation as honest and passionate that was the single most important factor to us in deciding to work with them. Our new record is maybe more punk, maybe faster than our other records but its still a BoySetsFire record. Itís emotional post-hardcore with elements of metal, punk and melody. We canít wait for you to hear it!"

BoySetsFire are currently working on their yet-to-be-titled album at Signal 2 Noise Studio in Newark, DE. The band has a brand new member (Dan Pelic - drums), and old member coming back (Robert Ehrenbrand - bass), a longtime friend officially joining (Rev. Chris Rakus, sharing bass duties with Ehrenbrand) and the three original grayhairs Chad Istvan (guitar), Nathan Gray (vocals) and Joshua Latshaw (guitar) playing together. Bridge Nine Records will be releasing this album in North and South America, as well as Asia and Australia.

Bridge Nine's Seth Decoteau commented, "It's a real honor to be working with BoySetsFire; they've influenced a lot of great bands today. Having been a fan of the band since The Day The Sun Went Out, i'm very excited for this release both personally and professionally. It's awesome to be working with a band that has such a great history and a clear artistic vision. All of us here at B9 are glad to be a part of their first new music since 2006." Look for more information on this new BoySetsFire full-length album coming soon from Bridge Nine Records and a new BSF shirt in the B9Store.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 23.
08:48 AM on 02/19/13
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
YOU BEAT ME TO IT.

Anyway, excited for this!!
08:57 AM on 02/19/13
PillsAndAdvice
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I support everything about this.
08:57 AM on 02/19/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So excited for this. Watched a live performance and can't believe how much energy they still have.
09:08 AM on 02/19/13
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Go Nate! I can only imagine the amount of beers that will be killed in the process of tracking this album. haha
09:11 AM on 02/19/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Go Nate! I can only imagine the amount of beers that will be killed in the process of tracking this album. haha
Agreed, ha.
09:19 AM on 02/19/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Haven't listened to these guys in a while.

This will probably change that.
09:29 AM on 02/19/13
Anderson
Walking in a Boydy wonderland
User Info.
With this and a new Shai Hulud album 2013 is already looking great . I can't wait to see BSF back in the UK in July.
09:32 AM on 02/19/13
theotheryabs
There's a Melody in Everything
User Info.
WHAT. EXCITEMENT.
09:47 AM on 02/19/13
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yesssssss
11:29 AM on 02/19/13
WordsandMusic
User Info.
Real bands making real music makes me real happy
11:33 AM on 02/19/13
rage6
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dan Pelic = The Man.
11:57 AM on 02/19/13
lovemetal24
User Info.
one of the best bands to ever exist
01:33 PM on 02/19/13
harsh reality
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm tepid about this. I don't want to see this band turn into the the Get Up Kids.
01:38 PM on 02/19/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I'm tepid about this. I don't want to see this band turn into the the Get Up Kids.
Since when has B9 signed bands that sound like TGUK? Come on.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests