Username
Password
Canada News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Canada
Inside AP.net

2013 Juno Award Nominees

Posted by: Deborah Remus (02/19/13)
The full list of nominees for the 2013 Juno Awards can be found here. This year the awards show will be held on April 21st in Regina, SK.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
02:09 PM on 02/19/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Cool to see Billy Talent, Japandroids, Cancer Bats and Marianas Trench get nominated, among others. I'd really like MT to take Album of the Year, but I'm not sure that they will.
02:21 PM on 02/19/13
failingwithease
User Info.
What the hell is the difference between Alternative Album of the Year and Adult Alternative Album of the Year?
02:21 PM on 02/19/13
KarlAnthonyyy
I am selfish it seems
User Info.
I'm rooting for The Weeknd.
02:28 PM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Would be awesome to go to this. In addition to the awards, I've wanted to visit Regina for a long time.
02:30 PM on 02/19/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
What the hell is the difference between Alternative Album of the Year and Adult Alternative Album of the Year?

No clue, aside from the fact that one is sponsored by Long and McQuade while the other one isn't, haha. I honestly haven't listened to any of those Adult Alternative records either so maybe they are geared towards an older audience. Who knows though.

Would be awesome to go to this. In addition to the awards, I've wanted to visit Regina for a long time.

Why Regina? It's not every day you hear people say they want to visit provinces like SK and MB, haha.
02:31 PM on 02/19/13
Spenny
Hearts without chains.
User Info.
So awesome to see Bahamas nominated. Their album Barchords was definitely one of my sleeper hits of 2012.
02:41 PM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
No clue, aside from the fact that one is sponsored by Long and McQuade while the other one isn't, haha. I honestly haven't listened to any of those Adult Alternative records either so maybe they are geared towards an older audience. Who knows though.

Why Regina? It's not every day you hear people say they want to visit provinces like SK and MB, haha.

I feel that every North American should make it a point to visit as many provinces/states/territories as possible in order to gain an appreciation for all the interesting locales here. I've heard that Regina is a nice, clean city and it's located in a part of the world that I've never been. I would love to go to MB and see Winnipeg, I've heard that St-Boniface has an interesting French history.
02:50 PM on 02/19/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I feel that every North American should make it a point to visit as many provinces/states/territories as possible in order to gain an appreciation for all the interesting locales here. I've heard that Regina is a nice, clean city and it's located in a part of the world that I've never been. I would love to go to MB and see Winnipeg, I've heard that St-Boniface has an interesting French history.

Awesome, I wish more people felt the same way as you! I've stopped through Regina twice on the way to Alberta and it seemed to be a nice city, the thing I remember most was the RCMP museum.

And yes, St-Boniface is definitely filled with lots of French history and even today there's a large Francophone population living there. Right at this very moment Festival du Voyageur is going on and it's basically this huge party to celebrate the French fur trade. And yesterday was Louis Riel Day, in honour of the Métis leader who was one of the founding fathers of our province.
03:03 PM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Awesome, I wish more people felt the same way as you! I've stopped through Regina twice on the way to Alberta and it seemed to be a nice city, the thing I remember most was the RCMP museum.

And yes, St-Boniface is definitely filled with lots of French history and even today there's a large Francophone population living there. Right at this very moment Festival du Voyageur is going on and it's basically this huge party to celebrate the French fur trade. And yesterday was Louis Riel Day, in honour of the Métis leader who was one of the founding fathers of our province.

See, this all sounds awesome. Canada is such a culturally rich and interesting place. I find it very interesting to see these celebrations that are unique to the region. Things like that simply do not happen much in the US, there aren't really "state-wide" holidays - just generic obvious ones that cover the whole country or world. I would love to be in Canada right now but getting a job there has more rather difficult.
03:22 PM on 02/19/13
chcougar1
User Info.
Go Marianas Trench. Also, please figure out how to break into the U.S. market so I can see a proper headlining show from you guys (I can't make it to Vancouver twice in a year sorry)
03:31 PM on 02/19/13
The.Grim
User Info.
Some good noms overall...would've like to have seen Purity Ring contending in a couple more categories though
03:35 PM on 02/19/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Yukon Blonde, Said The Whale, Bahamas and Japandroids. Awesome, awesome to the max.
03:39 PM on 02/19/13
xtbs7645x
User Info.
Some good noms overall...would've like to have seen Purity Ring contending in a couple more categories though
My thoughts exactly, really surprised they didn't get nominated for best new artist.
03:56 PM on 02/19/13
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
I hope Lisa Leblanc wins the francophone album of the year.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests