AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:14 AM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
In a world of hardcore and metalcore bands, it seems increasingly hard to find a clean vocalist. I play in a Hardcore band/ funk/band so dont get me wrong i love the genres but trying to find a proper singing voice to compliment the harsher vocals is impossible. The ideal vocalist for us (and by "us" i mean my band Good Morning Tides) would be an Anthony Green/ Kurt Travis type singer. If you would all tell me what you think could benifit my bands music,or just want to put your own music up pleas do so. And if you know of a good clean vocalist please please please pass his vocals on over

My band: Good Morning Tides
http://gmorningtides.bandcamp.com/al...and-some-demos

Also if you're here to critique I welcome it but try to be productive with it, if you dont like the music let us know what we could do better
12:44 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
Penguin
ANTHYDING CAN HADPLEN
Blacksburg, VA
Male - 22 Years Old
I thought this was going to be a thread looking for a band like that, and I would've suggested letlive. I don't personally know anyone who join help your band, though. Good luck finding someone.
01:39 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
Am I the only who really doesn't like the term "clean vocalist"?
01:49 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
In a world of hardcore and metalcore bands, it seems increasingly hard to find a clean vocalist. I play in a Hardcore band/ funk/band so dont get me wrong i love the genres but trying to find a proper singing voice to compliment the harsher vocals is impossible. The ideal vocalist for us (and by "us" i mean my band Good Morning Tides) would be an Anthony Green/ Kurt Travis type singer. If you would all tell me what you think could benifit my bands music,or just want to put your own music up pleas do so. And if you know of a good clean vocalist please please please pass his vocals on over

Also if you're here to critique I welcome it but try to be productive with it, if you dont like the music let us know what we could do better

Kacy?! Is that you?!?
03:29 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member

Originally Posted by buhbee94
STEPHEN THIS IS ALL YOURS BUDDY GET IN HERE
04:02 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 22 Years Old

I mean, idk what else you would call it. "Vocalist" can mean someone who screams, raps, sings, etc haha. Have to be more specific somehow!
04:46 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
ThisIsNotDan
MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I mean, idk what else you would call it.

"singer"
07:29 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
I mean, idk what else you would call it. "Vocalist" can mean someone who screams, raps, sings, etc haha. Have to be more specific somehow!

someone who screams = screamer
someone who raps = rapper
someone who sings = singer

pretty elementary

I'm not saying people shouldn't use the term, that's up to them, It just irks me since there's already a pretty well established word for it.
12:11 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Scrawns
indie sounding lyrics here
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Male - 25 Years Old
the problem with your search is two things:
1. you guys already have an exact type of voice in mind that eliminates a lot of people who don't have that same type.
2. you are looking for a style of vocals that a lot of other bands have, which takes away from what could set you guys apart.

You really should just find someone who is an excellent singer who has an enjoyable voice, but also can carry that voice both in the studio and more importantly in a live show.
06:47 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
the problem with your search is two things:
1. you guys already have an exact type of voice in mind that eliminates a lot of people who don't have that same type.
2. you are looking for a style of vocals that a lot of other bands have, which takes away from what could set you guys apart.

You really should just find someone who is an excellent singer who has an enjoyable voice, but also can carry that voice both in the studio and more importantly in a live show.

Thanks, the only thing that makes that difficult is our music scene is nothing but pop punk and metal here in good ol maryland
06:54 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
someone who screams = screamer
someone who raps = rapper
someone who sings = singer

pretty elementary

I'm not saying people shouldn't use the term, that's up to them, It just irks me since there's already a pretty well established word for it.

someone who sings = singer? would you hire a jazz vocalist for a punk band? would you hire a pop punk singer for an country band? Point being saying "singer" doesn't narrow it down anymore than "clean vocalist" we're looking for a specific style of singer, not just someone who can pick up a mic..
09:29 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
EndlessPrisoner
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male
i know these guys they played a show for me at my radio station under their old name and i'm friends with one of the members
10:00 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
usa
Genderfluid - 26 Years Old
Probably not, bro!
12:08 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
someone who sings = singer? would you hire a jazz vocalist for a punk band? would you hire a pop punk singer for an country band? Point being saying "singer" doesn't narrow it down anymore than "clean vocalist" we're looking for a specific style of singer, not just someone who can pick up a mic..

Didn't you also specify what genre you wanted to play? Wouldn't you have to do that regardless? Singer is a well accepted term that really needs no replacement, clean vocalist is a dumb term associated with an unoriginal scene.

As I said you can use whatever term you like, just pointing out there is a much better alternative and that I just don't like it.
01:41 AM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 20 Years Old
And also hardwearing .

This is all that was needed to be said

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music