AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Tour Dates News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Chris Rubey of The Devil Wears Prada Missing Some Tour Dates

Posted by - 12:02 PM on 02/20/13
The Devil Wears Prada's guitarist, Chris Rubey, will be missing part of their upcoming tour. Samual from For Today will be covering for him.
Hey guys, wanted to make everyone aware that Iíll be staying home for a portion of our current tour with AILD to take care of my newborn. Samuel Penner from For Today will be filling in for the time being and weíre very glad to have him. Iíll be back as soon as possible, and I hope you all can go check out a show! Thanks - Chris Rubey

Submitted by positiv-o

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
12:09 PM on 02/20/13
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
This means TDWP is homophobic now right?
12:12 PM on 02/20/13
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
You think a band like TDWP would try to stay far from this band because of yeaaah.
12:14 PM on 02/20/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
actually the whole tour is now homophobic, Samuel is going to plague everyone on the tour with homophobic propaganda lol

i can see your sarcasm there, sadly people on here probably think shit like that.

and evil zeppelin TWDP is longtime friends of For Today and they are religious too (the same with the chariot and AILD) so your comment doesn't make any sense.
12:14 PM on 02/20/13
Penguin
Twenty Centuries Of Sleep
User Info.
It's not the same guitarist. The one who is homophobic left the band.

Edit: I didn't sense the sarcasm until I read iAMhollyood315's post. Sorry about that. I still think they should tack that on to any news posts involving For Today since the rest of the band is getting some unnecessary backlash now.
12:21 PM on 02/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Good call on Chris's part to take some time off to care for his kid.
12:23 PM on 02/20/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
If the devil wears prada, he's pretty gay.
12:29 PM on 02/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
If the devil wears prada, he's pretty gay.
hahaha perfect comment
12:59 PM on 02/20/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
It's not the same guitarist. The one who is homophobic left the band.

Edit: I didn't sense the sarcasm until I read iAMhollyood315's post. Sorry about that. I still think they should tack that on to any news posts involving For Today since the rest of the band is getting some unnecessary backlash now.
The sad fact is, AP really doesn't care if the band gets undeserved negative backlash.
01:19 PM on 02/20/13
xmxpxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do I think less of TDWP now??

Yes I do.

There's a ton of great guitar players who would love to do this.

Why pick someone associated with hate and homophonbia, Yes the other guitar player left, but not ONCE did For Today say that what he did was wrong, they just said they were sorry it offended people. This means they all belive in what he said.

Sorry TDWP you just lost a fan. That's called character.
01:21 PM on 02/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.

Yes I do.

Why pick someone associated with hate and homophonbia, Yes the other guitar player left, but not ONCE did For Today say that what he did was wrong, they just said they were sorry it offended people. This means they all belive in what he said.

ehhhh. I was as outraged as anybody over the whole For Today fiasco. But getting a replacement guitarist for a few shows really doesn't put a stain on TDWP as much as you say it does.
01:27 PM on 02/20/13
Ricketts
@allenricketts
User Info.

Yes I do.

No, that's called being fucking stupid. Samuel isn't responsible for the words of other people. If he can play TDWP's songs then there is no reason he shouldn't fill in. I hate cunt christians as much as anyone else but your flawed logic and phony outrage are two of the more retarded things I've seen on this site lately.
01:57 PM on 02/20/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.

Yes I do.

you sir are a moron and should be banned from the internet. talk about over-reaction. also For Today doesn't have "hate" for anyone. you've created this whole idea that a band stands for hatred towards others which in reality, doesn't exist. You take viewpoint and belief of someone who left the band and think that because they don't agree they hate gays and hate them as people. your dead wrong so stay off the internet, go back to itunes now and delete TDWP off or whatever you are doing.
01:58 PM on 02/20/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.

Yes I do.

I agree with what you said about For Today, but for all we know this was their only choice. It's better than TDWP not being able to play.
02:11 PM on 02/20/13
Djentleman
User Info.
kids ruin everything

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News