AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:38 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
thejetstolehome
Benny the Jet
Figured I'd get a new one started for the new year/season....and for selfish reasons. I need to keep five of the following:

R. Cano
J. Heyward
C. Granderson
B. Harper
M. Holliday
A. Gonzalez
C. Santana
A. Cabrera
M. Machado

J. Weaver
M. Bumgarner
Y. Darvish
M. Moore
M. Garza
R. Soriano
M. Harvey
W. Miley

Cano's a definite, since he's clearly the best at his position. Harper and Holliday are my next two, and I'd want to keep Santana because catcher is so thin. After that, I'm stuck.
07:59 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Figured I'd get a new one started for the new year/season....and for selfish reasons. I need to keep five of the following:

R. Cano
J. Heyward
C. Granderson
B. Harper
M. Holliday
A. Gonzalez
C. Santana
A. Cabrera
M. Machado

J. Weaver
M. Bumgarner
Y. Darvish
M. Moore
M. Garza
R. Soriano
M. Harvey
W. Miley

Cano's a definite, since he's clearly the best at his position. Harper and Holliday are my next two, and I'd want to keep Santana because catcher is so thin. After that, I'm stuck.

I would keep Heyward over Holliday.

I wouldn't take Santana, especially since I would rank him outside the top 5 in catcher. Also I feel like taking a catcher with a high pick is a waste (I rather have a better player overall than a mediocre player overall who is near the top at his position)

Cano, Harper, Weaver, Bumgarner and Heyward is who I would keep.
08:42 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Keep Weaver, he should have a solid season.
08:52 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
i would honestly consider keeping weaver, bumgarner, darvish, cano, and harper. holliday is in decline. the last spot would be darvish vs. heyward. I value aces higher than hitters because I think offense is easier to replace.
09:01 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
i would honestly consider keeping weaver, bumgarner, darvish, cano, and harper. holliday is in decline. the last spot would be darvish vs. heyward. I value aces higher than hitters because I think offense is easier to replace.

Darvish over Matt Moore? Feel like Moore has more upside.
09:12 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Darvish over Matt Moore? Feel like Moore has more upside.
darvish's K rate is nuts. Very valuable.
09:15 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
darvish's K rate is nuts. Very valuable.

That is true, but I just think Moore ends up being a better pitcher overall. Just me, though. I see what you are saying.
08:52 AM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
Seattle, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
That is true, but I just think Moore ends up being a better pitcher overall. Just me, though. I see what you are saying.
put it this way. i feel like if you keep darvish, you have a chance to draft moore with your 1st pick. if you keep moore, darvish is probably gone before you pick again. that's how i look at keepers a lot.
02:06 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
i_was_a_lid
And This is How
MA
Male - 27 Years Old

put it this way. i feel like if you keep darvish, you have a chance to draft moore with your 1st pick. if you keep moore, darvish is probably gone before you pick again. that's how i look at keepers a lot.

Either of you guys interested in a free Dynasty League through ESPN? Two spots open.
09:57 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Cano ($41) for Goldschmidt ($7) and Matt Moore ($7)?
10:21 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Can you put that into context? How many teams in the league, how many keepers, how long can you keep, etc?
12:16 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Can you put that into context? How many teams in the league, how many keepers, how long can you keep, etc?

10 team league, standard 5x5 scoring, $260 budget. We start all 8 field positions, plus an IF slot, a 4th OF slot, and a UTIL.

We can keep up to 12 guys, and a guy can be kept a total of 3 times in a row, regardless of if he was traded to you or if he was dropped mid year and you picked him up. Drafting a guy in the first season counted as a "keep", and I drafted Cano, so this will be the last year he can be kept. They see a 10% premium increase per year, and we round up any decimals. So for example Matt Moore will cost $7 to keep this year, and $8 to keep next year.

Both Matt Moore and Goldschmidt have only been kept once so far, so I'll be able to keep both of them for this season and next season.

As of right now, my most expensive possible keepers are Hamels and Kershaw, at $31 and $24 respectively. I may also try to trade Hamels, get another young cheap good bat back, and then keep Darvish at $24.
12:29 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
10 team league, standard 5x5 scoring, $260 budget. We start all 8 field positions, plus an IF slot, a 4th OF slot, and a UTIL.

We can keep up to 12 guys, and a guy can be kept a total of 3 times in a row, regardless of if he was traded to you or if he was dropped mid year and you picked him up. Drafting a guy in the first season counted as a "keep", and I drafted Cano, so this will be the last year he can be kept. They see a 10% premium increase per year, and we round up any decimals. So for example Matt Moore will cost $7 to keep this year, and $8 to keep next year.

Both Matt Moore and Goldschmidt have only been kept once so far, so I'll be able to keep both of them for this season and next season.

As of right now, my most expensive possible keepers are Hamels and Kershaw, at $31 and $24 respectively. I may also try to trade Hamels, get another young cheap good bat back, and then keep Darvish at $24.

I'd do that deal then I think. 2 years of two young and improving players at good salaries. Cano is obviously elite, but you can only keep him for 1 more year and he will cost a ton. Use that extra $28 to get another elite player in the draft.
12:37 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
I'd do that deal then I think. 2 years of two young and improving players at good salaries. Cano is obviously elite, but you can only keep him for 1 more year and he will cost a ton. Use that extra $28 to get another elite player in the draft.

Definitely my thinking, it's just gonna be a change for me trying to fill the 2B slot after not having to do so. And the pickins be slim. Maybe I can draft like an Utley/Gyorko combo and hope for the best
06:32 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Completed the trade. my keepers for the upcoming season, assuming I keep Hamels, look like this...

Salvador Perez ($6)
Paul Goldschmidt ($7)
Mike Moustakas ($8)
Allen Craig ($6)
Desmond Jennings ($7)
Starling Marte ($6)
Cole Hamels ($31)
Clayton Kershaw ($24)
Johnny Cueto ($6)
Brett Anderson ($6)
Jarrod Parker ($6)
Matt Moore ($7)

$120 total, leaving me $140 to draft with.

And the other guys I'm considering...right now the odd man out would be Marte if I decided to go with one of these other guys.
Carlos Beltran ($8)
Alcides Escobar ($6)
Anibal Sanchez ($5)
Nick Swisher ($2)
Yu Darvish ($24)
Greg Holland ($6)
Brandon Beachy ($7)
Eric Hosmer ($20)

Dom Brown's looked good in the ST games so far but I refuse to let the homer in me add him to the consideration list haha. Any thoughts?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos