AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Streaming

Ansible Release New Song "Steinway"

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (02/20/13)
Head to Ansible's Bandcamp to hear their new song "Steinway." The track was produced and engineered by Gregory Dunn of Moving Mountains.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
07:39 PM on 02/20/13
mattymcclelland
User Info.
Yesss. This stuff is so good. In an interview he said he's not going to release anything big with this project until Winter 2013 though. Stoked on the new Mov Mou record more than anything though.
07:49 PM on 02/20/13
Theow593
User Info.
Wow, this is really good.
08:21 PM on 02/20/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Nord Electro? Sounds like if Thrice based their post-Alchemy progression completely off Water. Which is not a bad thing.
09:52 PM on 02/20/13
...atfirstsight
User Info.
Interested to hear this not only because Gregory's involved, but is the band name also related to Ender's Game (it's where I first heard the term)? Even more awesome if so...
07:39 AM on 02/21/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Interested to hear this not only because Gregory's involved, but is the band name also related to Ender's Game (it's where I first heard the term)? Even more awesome if so...

I thought that but I checked the term and OSC wasn't the first one to create the term ansible as a faster than light speed communicator. He's just another writer that used it afterwards.
08:23 AM on 02/21/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really cool stuff. I wish Greg would bring the vocals more to the forefront of these tracks. The music is quite beautiful though. Really excited to hear the rest of this EP, and of course super excited for new Moving Mountains. Anyone have release updates on Moving Mountains? Is Ansible still going to be delayed until next winter? I'm also wondering what the status of Greg's other other project Westchester United Football Club is going. I believe he's playing guitar in the band and supposed to be producing their EP. Lots of good stuff on the horizon.
01:53 PM on 02/21/13
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
Awesome stuff. I hope it doesn't take him too long to release an album. But first we need that new Moving Mountains record. They should announce something soon. Wasn't it recorded last fall?
03:55 PM on 02/21/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
cool song. not great, but cool nonetheless
05:42 PM on 02/21/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
really would love to hear a full ep, we'll see if it comes out at all, but it sounds cool as for now
07:48 AM on 02/22/13
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
reminds me of the album leaf. decent.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT