Username
Password

07:57 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
Tonight is the first shift of my husband working nights. It was awesome this morning and afternoon when we got to spend so much time together, now I'm sitting alone in the den of my 110 yr old house My son's baby monitor makes the creepiest static noises which I cannot drown out with music or he may wake up, if I keep the lights on in here I can't completely see out the windows, but sitting in the dark was even more eerie. I honestly feel like I am in a bad horror movie. Soo I am now creating a thread to hopefully keep me busy for the next 3-4 hours.
Entertain me, Please.
09:02 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Geez just reading that scared me so much I forgot how to try to comfort you. I feel ya sister, I've already convinced my husband when we do get a house we're getting a big dog because I wouldn't like to be home alone past sundown, which could be like 6pm.

You should get a dog. That's my advice. They keep you entertained and distracted and provide comforting company, and they can warn of and frighten intruders.

You might say "oh we don't want a dog" or "oh so-and-so's allergic" but I mean if its like that every night compromises can be made.
09:08 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
we have a "dog" shes a chihuahua, shes basically a cat, she naps all day, eats more than she should, and goes to the bathroom in a litter box. Shes making it worse too, every time something makes a noise outside she starts barking. She feels how tense I am and is really jumpy now too haha.
09:13 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
How did yall score an 110 year old house?
09:21 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
We live in upstate NY there are a BUNCH of them. And there is an agriculture grant for first time home buyers to give you an incentive to move into rural places so we basically didnt have to put a down payment. I love it, its goregous but really creepy. 110 years is a lot of time for shit to happen.haha
11:16 PM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
What I do when I'm home alone (and want to forget how paranoid I am) is just watch movies; preferably comedies.
01:15 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 20 Years Old
What I do when I'm home alone (and want to forget how paranoid I am) is just watch movies; preferably comedies.

this. Just get a Parks and Recreation marathon going
02:16 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
The World of Dreams
Male - 22 Years Old
especially that
06:19 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
wavegoodbye
Buffalo, NY
Female - 25 Years Old
i feel you! the house i live in is also over 100 years old and i get the same way. i work third shift(alone no less!) so on my nights off i'm up at night scaring myself. i've had weird shit happen over the years and my family jokes saying 'it's only charlie messin' around.' charlie being the previous owner who died in here. :/
08:15 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
We live in upstate NY there are a BUNCH of them. And there is an agriculture grant for first time home buyers to give you an incentive to move into rural places so we basically didnt have to put a down payment. I love it, its goregous but really creepy. 110 years is a lot of time for shit to happen.haha

what part of Rochester?
09:59 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
Pittsford
11:02 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
I love getting creeped out. S'fun.
11:53 AM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
ecartman(>< )
Denim
Radiate Positivity
Male - 26 Years Old
Throw some comfort food into the mix
01:05 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old

I love that show, but my hubby and I are watching it together. Its almost like cheating on him to wactch it without him haha

i feel you! the house i live in is also over 100 years old and i get the same way. i work third shift(alone no less!) so on my nights off i'm up at night scaring myself. i've had weird shit happen over the years and my family jokes saying 'it's only charlie messin' around.' charlie being the previous owner who died in here. :/

Creepy!! Nothing weird here yet, we've been here for a few years, if so this would be on the markt in a heart beat haha

Throw some comfort food into the mix

I wish!!! I still have 35 pounds of "baby weight" to lose, my comfort food are more like raw veggies :(
01:33 PM on 02/22/13 
User Info.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old

I was honestly going to post this in here before I read this comment.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos