Username
Password
Zebrahead News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Zebrahead
Inside AP.net

Zebrahead Working on New Album

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/22/13)
Zebrahead have 26 new songs written, and are entering the studio soon with plans on releasing a new album this August.

Submitted by botDs-r

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
12:00 PM on 02/22/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
I don't even know who they are :(
12:01 PM on 02/22/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
These guys always put out fun stuff. I'll give this a listen for sure.
12:04 PM on 02/22/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Still haven't checked out the last album, but I really enjoyed Phoenix. Can't get into Matty's singing as much as Justin's, but I always have a soft spot for these guys.
12:09 PM on 02/22/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
This'll be, what, their 3rd or 4th album of songs with Matty, right? Justin was last heard on a ZH album almost 10 years ago now...I say all this because I've really gotten used to Matty singing and it's cool to see the band continue on making some really awesome music. They haven't lost it at all.
12:14 PM on 02/22/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
Yesssss, Zebrahead fucking rules! Though their latest album Get Nice wasn't that great. It had some really awesome songs but the production sounded so thin and Matty's voice was way too autotuned. Also too many slow songs in the second half.

Broadcast to the World, Phoenix and MFZB are amazing albums, I hope the next album goes into the direction of those albums again.

They're also killer live, can't wait to see them tour again.
12:15 PM on 02/22/13
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
oh holy shit 9th grade
12:19 PM on 02/22/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
This'll be, what, their 3rd or 4th album of songs with Matty, right? Justin was last heard on a ZH album almost 10 years ago now...I say all this because I've really gotten used to Matty singing and it's cool to see the band continue on making some really awesome music. They haven't lost it at all.
MFZB was released in 2003, so yeah, exactly ten years. So I don't even know why people are still talking about Justin. Matty has been their singer for like eight years now and he sang on four and soon five albums. Now that I think about it, more Zebrahead material has been sung by Matty now than by Justin.
I prefer Matty anyway and I think the band has gotten way better since Matty joined. BTTW and Phoenix are their best albums imo.
12:23 PM on 02/22/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
they seemed to have been inspired. Get Nice! was awesome, my second favourite record from them after MFZB (which I still enjoy), so I'm hoping this one's gonna be really good aswell.
12:45 PM on 02/22/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I wasn't too into the last record at all, but I'm happy to see these guys are still at it. Hopefully they'll come to Boston on the next tour so I can check 'em out. I haven't seen them since Matty joined.
12:51 PM on 02/22/13
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
tour..........freaking "TOUR you jerks. have they ever played the east coast?

why do they stay so under wraps i feel? i never hear about them being on warped tours, or being support for any pop-punk bands or anything
12:53 PM on 02/22/13
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
16 year old me is stoked!
01:42 PM on 02/22/13
rbf737
User Info.
I was a big fan of Playmate of the Year and especially MFZB then fell out with them after Justin left. I just can't get into Matty's voice like Justin's. I know he's a much nicer dude from what I understand, though.

I saw them right before Justin left and the place was only about a 1/3-1/4 full. They were great, though. I'll never understand how a band like Lincoln Park can blow up but Zebrahead gets no love or worse gets ridiculed.

Rap rock aside, if you like pop punk they have some of the biggest hooks and melodies of any band ever part of the scene.
01:51 PM on 02/22/13
wheelsgonewild
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
tour..........freaking "TOUR you jerks. have they ever played the east coast?

why do they stay so under wraps i feel? i never hear about them being on warped tours, or being support for any pop-punk bands or anything
because they think america hates them. how can a band gain new fans in a country they neverrrrrrrrrrr tour? *sigh* one day
02:12 PM on 02/22/13
MarcPending
User Info.
god....just tour america already!!!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music