AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

I Am the Avalanche News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

I Am the Avalanche to Enter the Studio in May

Posted by - 08:54 AM on 02/24/13
At his solo show last night in Cambridge, MA, Vinnie Caruana said that I Am the Avalanche will enter the studio in May to record their third album. He also said that his side project Peace'd Out will be playing shows. Footage of the full set will be posted later this week.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:20 AM on 02/24/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
A+
09:35 AM on 02/24/13
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
i thought they wanted to have another cd out by now? either way, still get one sooner than the last hopefully. haha
09:36 AM on 02/24/13
Bongi5788
User Info.
Show last night was great. So many great people there on the stage and in the crowd. Great turnout for a 5pm show. Had a blast, never had been to TT's.
10:45 AM on 02/24/13
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I can't wait for a new IATA album. And I hope I can catch PO live.
11:32 AM on 02/24/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Do we know there was such a long gap between their first and second albums?
12:23 PM on 02/24/13
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
i thought it had something to do with drive-thru, but i could be wrong
01:19 PM on 02/24/13
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
yay
01:20 PM on 02/24/13
unprotectedsax
User Info.
so stoked to see Peace'd Out live!
03:30 PM on 02/24/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
i thought it had something to do with drive-thru, but i could be wrong
im almost positive it was because they had to buy out their contract and it took a while for vinnie to get that money together.
05:08 PM on 02/24/13
timorous_me
http://www.PunksInVegas.com
User Info.
Vinnie talked about that in a recent punknews interview:

You alluded to the big gap between Avalanche albums, which was kind of a hot topic among your fan base. A lot of people have speculated on what went on there. I realize that part of it was label turmoil, but what really held you up before? Were you writing as many songs as you are now?

We wrote a lot. We had this gnarly writing period really early on in the game and we wrote a bunch. A few songs that made it on to Avalanche United were written like, five years ago. But we scrapped so many songs. We all wanted to be home a bit, we all wanted to chill. We were going on writing retreats where we would just leave New York because of just the busyness of everything getting in the way of the creativity. So we would leave. We went to Peoria, Ill. once because our friends in the Forecast said, 'Hey, if you want to just hang out on some farm land and write music, come.' So we drove down to Peoria and did that. We did it in Virginia Beach as well, which is where our guitar player Mikey is from. We kept some songs, but some of [the songs from the writing retreats] were super weird. Not that weird is a bad thing, but we didn't know what direction we were going in and it became pretty apparent when we were touring on the first record that we were more of a punk band than we thought we were. We played all the songs that we recorded on the full length twice as fast [live]. When things kind of felt right was when we started thinking about making another album. But to be honest, the biggest thing about us not making the record [quicker]…the label stuff I don't even like to talk about because it's not even a reason; the band is the reason why we stayed home. I mean, everyone was happy being home. When you're at a certain age, you get in to a certain lifestyle and then you get sick of that and you want to go away again. And that's kind of what the pattern was with Avalanche. We'd go away here and there and then everybody would kind of be happy being at home, which is totally fine. That's kind of when I started playing solo show. Our band dynamic is cool. Everybody is very supportive of each other.
08:43 PM on 02/24/13
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
After 5 years between albums, I almost feel spoiled getting another one so soon. But I'm stoked.
12:03 AM on 02/25/13
Kid Defender
Typo
User Info.
YES! Thank God we won't have to wait so long this time. These guys are one of the most energetic, fun live bands I have seen in a long time.
09:34 AM on 02/25/13
berniemac1234
User Info.
Been waiting on this. I really enjoyed Avalanche United.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos