AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Blink 182 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blink 182
Inside AP.net

Blink-182's "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket"...

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/25/13)
Blink-182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacketis coming to vinyl. For real this time. All the details are in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 95
11:02 AM on 02/25/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Shop Radio Cast are proud to announce the release of Blink 182's "Take Off Your Pants and Jacket" LP with three bonus 7". Tests have been approved and the project has entered the final production stages. We anticipate these to be ready in April however, we have set release date for May 7, 2013 to avoid running into any delays from Record Store Day pressings. The first pressing will be limited to a total of 2,500 copies and will include a never before released foreword written by Mark Hoppus. Complete details are as follows:

Vinyl Info:
- Triple Panel Gatefold jacket with 7" Inserts
- Each 7" housed in a glue pocket jacket with a full color CMYK insert
- LP is housed in a full color Inner Sleeve
- First pressing, limited to 2,500 include Mark Hoppus Foreword
- First pressing LP is pressed 180 Gram Black and includes a yellow, green and red 7".

Acknowledging this was to be previously released by another label, Shop Radio Cast is offering a priority pre order and a 10% discount to those who previously pre ordered with proof of purchase. To receive the 10% discount and assure advance pre order:

1.) Sign up an account at Shopradiocast.com if you do not have one. Do not sign up for an account if you already have one.
2.) Email the following info to Blink@shopradiocast.com

Proof of purchase – Email confirmation or a screen shot of Paypal payment
The email address you used to sign up to at ShopRadioCast.com
Advance Pre Orders will occur early March, however we encourage those who purchased to set up their advance purchase and discount immediately.

Here are the answers to a few FAQ's we anticipate:

1.) Can I buy the 7" without the LP?
No. Unfortunately due to licensing restrictions the 7" are not to be sold separately and are only allowed to be sold as a LP &3x7" bundle.

2.) When will pre orders launch?
Pre orders will launch early March. Those who previously ordered this who follow the instructions above will receive an advance pre order, allowing them to purchase 48 hours prior to the public. We will announce both the public and advance pre order date and time next week.

3.) What is the same and what is different about how this is being pressed?
The artwork components will remain the same as they were supposed to be. Each set will include a reverse cardboard triple panel gatefold with three 7" pockets. Each 7" will be housed in a full color glue pocket with insert. The LP will be housed in a full color inner sleeve. There will be NO gold foil '10th anniversary' stamp on any of the copies.

We have changed the vinyl pressing from various variants to one variant. We have done this to match the foreword quantities allowing an opportunity for people to purchase this without having to compete for various colors.

4.) Will you repress once first pressing is sold out?
We are not sure at this time. We do know that after this the foreword will never be released again. As well if we press with the bonus 7" again, they will not be on color.
11:05 AM on 02/25/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
woo!
11:05 AM on 02/25/13
YoTengoRabbi
Black Metal Jesus
User Info.
I'll order once I get my money back from MTS... so... never.
11:06 AM on 02/25/13
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
excellent news. i really want the three 7" but I already have the album. Guess I'll be ordering myself another copy of TOYPAJ then...
11:07 AM on 02/25/13
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
I really just want the 7"'s since I have the LP already.
11:07 AM on 02/25/13
alifetmeaway
Member since '04
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cool that this is finally coming out. Too bad for me that I spent over $50 for this already with MTS. Time to spend $50 more I guess.
11:08 AM on 02/25/13
quickandsilver
User Info.
and let the mts crying begin...
11:11 AM on 02/25/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
The fact that I have to spend anything on this after losing $40 to MTS is a little annoying, but at least I get a 10% discount and an advance preorder. Mostly just excited to finally have it after nearly two years of waiting.
11:12 AM on 02/25/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Stoked
11:13 AM on 02/25/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
regardless of past issues with pressing this record, the package they're offering here sounds pretty awesome.
11:14 AM on 02/25/13
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
User Info.
Won't be buying but I'm curious to hear about the packaging for this/read the foreword. I'm imagining a 52 Weeks type deal, which would be sweet.
11:20 AM on 02/25/13
treyj1234
This is the last night in my body.
User Info.
The fact that I have to spend anything on this after losing $40 to MTS is a little annoying, but at least I get a 10% discount and an advance preorder. Mostly just excited to finally have it after nearly two years of waiting.

Seriously, call PayPal (if that is what you used). Got my $ back after explaining my situation.
11:21 AM on 02/25/13
treyj1234
This is the last night in my body.
User Info.
Cool that this is finally coming out. Too bad for me that I spent over $50 for this already with MTS. Time to spend $50 more I guess.

Like I said to the other person, call PayPal and explain what happened. If that's what you used of course...
11:22 AM on 02/25/13
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Email sent. So excited for this...

To the Paypal post above - I contacted Paypal numerous times but because the time limit expired they won't do anything!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums