Username
Password
Tour Dates News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tour Dates
Inside AP.net

Bob Dylan Announce New US Tour Dates

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/27/13)
Bob Dylan will be doing a US tour in April, with support from Dawes.

Submitted by georgedcc

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
02:14 PM on 02/27/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
He is terrible live. I'm glad the last time I saw him, Willie Nelson was there to make the concert at least half way decent.
02:17 PM on 02/27/13
CollectiveConfusion
User Info.
He is terrible live. I'm glad the last time I saw him, Willie Nelson was there to make the concert at least half way decent.
I disagree, he put on a pretty great show when I saw him last summer. He's just old and his voice has changed, haha.
02:35 PM on 02/27/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Dawes... the band "from Minnesota" that isnt from Minnesota.

For how often they play here, they should be from here.
02:36 PM on 02/27/13
jdr2187
User Info.
I'm a huge Dylan fan, but I agree he's pretty bad live now. Excited for Dawes though, that's huge for them.
02:47 PM on 02/27/13
Uncalled Four
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree, he put on a pretty great show when I saw him last summer. He's just old and his voice has changed, haha.
He doesn't even play guitar anymore. I saw him two years ago and it was pretty boring. Very much lacking in soul.
02:53 PM on 02/27/13
CollectiveConfusion
User Info.
He doesn't even play guitar anymore. I saw him two years ago and it was pretty boring. Very much lacking in soul.
When I saw him he spent some time on guitar, but yeah the other times it was all piano. I don't know, I like how he's got 40+ years of revisions for each song. I know most people want to hear the songs exactly how they were recorded, but I liked seeing him put a new spin on the classics. And his band is always great.

To each his own, though.
03:35 PM on 02/27/13
yufli
...rook takes knight
User Info.
Wow DAWES?! The band with the song Love is All I Am?? Holysnakes that's incredible that they're opening for Mister Dylan... wowza... I wouldn't mind seeing Dawes, actually...
05:40 PM on 02/27/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
so awesome for Dawes. hopefully they blow up with their next album.
06:28 PM on 02/27/13
Quijiba
User Info.
this should be great for them
07:36 PM on 02/27/13
magicmike_1234
abraca-fucking-dabra
User Info.
ol bobby d is like Picasso in a sense. completely changed styles and ways of going about his art.. now, instead of hearing classic versions of his songs; you get incredible musicians performing beautiful musical arrangements that are reminiscent of music you know.

instead of seeing an old ass folk artist hashing out the same sht he has for 50 years we get an artist still building. even though he may not milk what he was for all it's worth in a live setting, he's still all he's worth.

;)
08:15 PM on 02/27/13
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
wow, this bill will be great for both parties. i think a lot of people don't realize how huge dawes' draw is... their live show has earned them many fans.

dylan is still very much worth seeing. his band is always incredible and they play in a style such that dylan can really choose any songs he wants to do and play a rendition. since he took on this style with the never-ending tour i think he has finally begun to enjoy being an artist and it really is good to see someone who gave us so much have the freedom over their entire catalog of songs. sometimes it seems like the songs lose their hook because they are all done in a similar style but i really dig the stuff his band plays
05:50 AM on 02/28/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
When I saw Dylan live a couple years ago, I wouldn't say he was bad, but his set consisted of only material released in the last 5 years. The only older song he played was "Blowin In The Wind" and it was changed so much that it took me half the song before I even realized what he was playing.

The music he was playing was good, but it wasn't what I would want out of a Dylan show
05:59 AM on 02/28/13
KeyofCrime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dawes is horse shit
07:47 AM on 02/28/13
projectmayhem16
keep cool, but care
User Info.
Commence "that's huge for them" comments.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests