Username
Password

05:37 AM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Anthony Lutz
nextstoptheolympics.tumbl r.com
Columbia, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
Here's a pic of the bands at Bonnaroo I'm planning on seeing. I was wondering if any of the other bands listed would be worth checking out, and what you guys thought. The bands that are orange are the ones that I haven't heard of/don't plan on seeing. Any input would be great!

12:05 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Codo
I already think the world of you.
Columbus, OH
Male - 23 Years Old
I would highly suggest Twenty One Pilots. They are from Columbus Ohio and have just recently got huge. One of MTVs ten upcoming bands and up for a breakout woodie. I've seen them 5 times and they never disappoint.

Along with them I'd suggest Walk The Moon. Another Ohio band, MTV watch list, and woodie nominee I believe. I'd say they sound like Matt and Kim a bit and are very fun and "dancy". Again, seen them 3 times and its always a fun show.

I've also seen Drew Holcomb and he was pretty good, but very chill.
12:11 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Bjork, Pretty Lights, Wu-Tang, The Lumineers, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Edward Sharpe, Gov't Mule, Dirty Projectors, Baroness, Twenty One Pilots, The Sheepdogs, Holy Ghost, Wild Nothing, Futurebirds, Bombino, Action Bronson, Walk the Moon

I'm in the process of checking out most of the ones you have in orange as well.
01:25 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
IceAge/HeatWave
hello earth
Here's a pic of the bands at Bonnaroo I'm planning on seeing. I was wondering if any of the other bands listed would be worth checking out, and what you guys thought. The bands that are orange are the ones that I haven't heard of/don't plan on seeing. Any input would be great!

see Bjork, even if you aren't a fan of any of her recorded music. her live shows are incredible in terms of performance and spectacle:

are you just not into hip-hop/r&b? i think that R.Kelly, Wu-Tang and Kendrick are all must-go's for me, barring any conflicts. also, i've seen Matthew E. White live open for the Mountain Goats, his live show was awesome. the Dirty Projector's are great live, too. i've heard Pretty Lights, Purity Ring and Death Grips put on an awesome show, but i've never personally been a big fan.
02:09 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Pretty much just watch everyone.
02:20 PM on 02/25/13 
User Info.
hotsoftlight
to here knows when
The Woodlands, TX
Male - 24 Years Old
r kelly and nas
07:38 AM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
skibby15
Registered Member
The Hoosier State
Male - 23 Years Old
Django Django, Milo Greene, DIIV, Deap Valley, Jeff the Brotherhood, Trombone Shorty are worth looking up
10:48 PM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
steve187
nah
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
who wouldn't want to see wu-tang?
05:30 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
Anthony Lutz
nextstoptheolympics.tumbl r.com
Columbia, MO
Male - 28 Years Old
see Bjork, even if you aren't a fan of any of her recorded music. her live shows are incredible in terms of performance and spectacle:

are you just not into hip-hop/r&b? i think that R.Kelly, Wu-Tang and Kendrick are all must-go's for me, barring any conflicts. also, i've seen Matthew E. White live open for the Mountain Goats, his live show was awesome. the Dirty Projector's are great live, too. i've heard Pretty Lights, Purity Ring and Death Grips put on an awesome show, but i've never personally been a big fan.

I'm really not that big into rap to be honest - the only rap acts that I live are Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem, and if they count MC Chris and MC Lars. A bunch of people that I know keep telling me I should go see Wu-Tang, but I just have never really been a fan - I might check out one of their albums before the show and perhaps I'll change my mind. I'm a fan of the Mountain Goats, so I'll check out Matthew E. White since you said he opened for them. Also, I checked out Of Monsters and Men, and will be going to see them too depending on how they fit my schedule.
08:05 AM on 02/28/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
To add to your list:
Ed Sharpe, Wu-Tang, R. Kelly, Of Monsters And Men, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Local Natives, Billy Idol, The Dirty Projectors, Walk The Moon, Twenty One Pilots, ZZ Top.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos