AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: Life After Liftoff Video From Sum 41...

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (02/28/13)
Life After Liftoff snagged the opening slot on the Norfolk, VA date of Sum 41's Does This Look Infected? Tour back in November. Today, we are excited to premere the video they put together with the Sum 41 camp about the experience: "Day In The Life: Opening Band Edition." The video was shot by Jacob Bonham and Katie Cole, both of Dangerkids and This Love. Hit the replies to watch it.
Opening for Sum41 was a dream come true. 10 years ago I saw them (for the first time) on the, "Does This Look Infected" tour with The Starting Line. That show will forever be one of the coolest shows I have ever been to. Through the years, Sum 41 have taught me so much about music and how to perform; so having the chance to open for them seemed like a dream. Stepping on that stage was such a gratifying feeling and something Life After Liftoff will never forget. To the fans, thank you for taking the time to listen to the opening band and cheering as loud as you could to make us feel welcome in your hometown.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
12:00 PM on 02/28/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
12:04 PM on 02/28/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Sum 41 didn't cancel this tour? Makes a change.
12:30 PM on 02/28/13
BrendanMachow
User Info.
Wait, this wasn't Angels & Airwaves opening for Sum41? Well fuck me, I need to get my ears checked.
12:35 PM on 02/28/13
sdcoolguy
User Info.
Wait, this wasn't Angels & Airwaves opening for Sum41? Well fuck me, I need to get my ears checked.
Seriously he even does Tom mannerisms when he plays. Uhhhhh
12:46 PM on 02/28/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Cool band name
01:22 PM on 02/28/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Tom has ruined delay effects for me. And yeah, if you're playing a Tom guitar and using delay, you're automatically gonna make a bad first impression. I'm sorry, just no way around that.
01:24 PM on 02/28/13
petter182
User Info.
I never thought I'd see a band actually aping the AvA sound..
01:50 PM on 02/28/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Excited to see Sum 41 in exactly one month for the first time since 2004.
02:04 PM on 02/28/13
Paradox83
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't normally even take the time to "hate" on bands I don't like, but these guys are joking right?! The guy looks like Tom, plays like AvA, their symbol looks exactly like AvAs, there album is called "The Getaway" (hmm kinda like 'The Adventure"?) and their FB page has some self-righteous quote that sounds like Tom said it in 2006. I actually feel bad for these guys, it's actually pathetic, Here's the backstory of this band: "What do you guys wanna be for halloween this year?" "Ooooh, lets be Angels & Airwaves!" I weep for music.
02:17 PM on 02/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I don't normally even take the time to "hate" on bands I don't like, but these guys are joking right?! The guy looks like Tom, plays like AvA, their symbol looks exactly like AvAs, there album is called "The Getaway" (hmm kinda like 'The Adventure"?) and their FB page has some self-righteous quote that sounds like Tom said it in 2006. I actually feel bad for these guys, it's actually pathetic, Here's the backstory of this band: "What do you guys wanna be for halloween this year?" "Ooooh, lets be Angels & Airwaves!" I weep for music.

So no band can name a song/album with the common format "the _____" because AvA did it? wut.
02:27 PM on 02/28/13
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
So no band can name a song/album with the common format "the _____" because AvA did it? wut.
You can name it whatever you want but there is no way you can deny these guys are AVA ripoffs.
02:28 PM on 02/28/13
Paradox83
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Oh they're welcome to use "The _____" but maybe their album title should be "THE Reason Why You'll Wish You Were Deaf"
02:30 PM on 02/28/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
You can name it whatever you want but there is no way you can deny these guys are AVA ripoffs.
oh i agree. i was pointing out that the comment was really reaching to find more and more examples, when the first two obvious ones sufficed
02:35 PM on 02/28/13
Paradox83
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh i agree. i was pointing out that the comment was really reaching to find more and more examples, when the first two obvious ones sufficed
Yea, well I wasn't making a comparison that they both use the word "The" only a third grader would think thats a comparison, Im talking about "Getaway" vs "Adventure" being the two songs in comparison here. Those are SYNONYMS. Thought that would be obvious. Anyway, I've already wasted 5 minutes of my life pointing out how unoriginal and terrible this is; which is kinda like pointing out that "Rosie O Donnell looks a little fat" So moving on..
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests