AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:04 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
Here are the Keepers I can keep. The number next to the name is the round I would have to take them in. Anybody worth keeping? I don't really see anybody worth keeping.

NIP
1. J Verlander
2. J Bruce
3. N Cruz
4. B McCann
5. M Bourn
6. F Freeman
7. S Victorino
10. A Avila
19. M Adams*
23. K Lohse
07:26 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Freeman in the 6th maybe? he's got the potential to be really really good, but 1B is deep.

I've never done a snake draft for baseball so I'm probably not the best to comment on that haha
07:37 PM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah I'd say freeman as well
08:44 AM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Keep Headley at $4, Soriano at $5, Viciedio $4 or Willingham $6.

We have to keep 6 keepers and mine aren't the greatest. Is Ellisbury worth keeping at $23?
08:55 AM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Keep Headley at $4, Soriano at $5, Viciedio $4 or Willingham $6.

We have to keep 6 keepers and mine aren't the greatest. Is Ellisbury worth keeping at $23?

Definitely Keep headley.
09:07 AM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Definitely Keep headley.

Would you take any of those other ones over Wieters at $15. That price just seems so high for him and catcher is deeper than it has been.
09:53 AM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Would you take any of those other ones over Wieters at $15. That price just seems so high for him and catcher is deeper than it has been.

Probably not. I'd stick with Wieters.
11:58 AM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Anyone have interest in joining a new dynasty league? We have 10 right now but would like to get 2 more to make it a 12 team league. It's an auction league, 15 keepers per year, 5 x 5 H2H (HR, RBI, R, SB and OBP) (ERA, WHIP, S, QS and K/9). $20 buy in
08:19 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
Who are everyone's favorite sleepers this year?
10:48 PM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old

Hosmer for me.
05:08 PM on 03/03/13 
User Info.
Stavie Steelo
Chicago
Male - 24 Years Old
Rizzo
02:20 PM on 03/04/13 
User Info.
Of Dust and Nations
So roll me further, bitch.
Lansing, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
I'm in a 4x4 12-team AL-only auction keeper league, 13 hitters and 10 pitchers. $260 cap. I need to submit my protected rosters in a week, and I have decisions to make about Mike Napoli( $16), Vinnie Pestano($10), Carlos Pena($7), and Nolan Reimold($7). I need to pick up 1-2 closers which will be at a premium, as well as an elite bat or two. Situations I am considering:

* I keep all 4 - I have $130 leftover to draft a C or 1B (since Napoli qualifies for both), MI, CI, SS, 3B, one OF, and four pitchers. I'd have an average of $13 to spend on each position, but then I have to put up with Pena's average and Reimold/Napoli injury concerns

* I keep all but Pena - $137, but then I need a utility guy and the injury concerns are still there

* Keep Napoli and Pestano, drop Pena and Reimold - injury concerns are there with Napoli and I have to get a OF and utility guy, but I get rid of my bad average guy in Pena

* Drop all 4 - I have $169 for 14 positions, average of $12 per guy

I'm leaning towards keeping all 4 since it appears it makes most fiscal sense and I gain an average of a dollar per position I need, but the injury concerns and Pena's terrible average give me cause for concern. Thoughts?
06:22 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
I'm being offered Jay Bruce ($22) for Hamels ($31) straight up. Can't keep Bruce past this season, same with Hamels.

Edit-Did the trade. Probably done making moves before our keeper deadline, so roster goes into the draft looking like this...

Pretty happy with that
11:34 PM on 03/05/13 
User Info.
CstSnow
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose
Monterey Ca
Male - 28 Years Old

A deep sleeper for me that shouldn't even have to be drafted is Andrew Cashner. With his stuff he could have a great run through the league in him, in his cup of coffee last year had a k/9 over 10 and a 3.06 xFIP, now obviously small sample size and all, but most projection systems have him pretty damn close to those numbers this year.
10:51 AM on 03/06/13 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
A deep sleeper for me that shouldn't even have to be drafted is Andrew Cashner. With his stuff he could have a great run through the league in him, in his cup of coffee last year had a k/9 over 10 and a 3.06 xFIP, now obviously small sample size and all, but most projection systems have him pretty damn close to those numbers this year.
He was very good in limited playing time last year. I remember specifically because I was big on him when he was with the Cubs, so I paid special attention. Good one.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos