Username
Password

07:55 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Assuming he picks someone o-line probably Johnson, their o line is looking horrendous right now.
08:06 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Throw ME the ball!
Just checked that and edited it out - assumed he was Buffalo because he's a fan.

When Saffold was coming out people thought he might have to kick inside to guard, midway through this season Fisher said he was thinking about putting him at guard. He can't handle the outside rush, and he's not strong enough to deal with bull rush. The only reason he has any chance at guard wouldn't be at a road grader, he'd be a technical pass blocker, and a guy who gets good angles in the line. They need the help, at OL. Even with Jake Long.
08:06 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Shows you how much I know about the Lions

Milliner is still a good pick. I think, at this stage, they'd go Fisher since Backus retired and Reiff isn't capable of handling LT. However, they still very much need a CB, so no worries. Not like they couldn't trade for Saffold or Albert. #1 CBs are almost at a premium over starting LTs these days...
08:08 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
When Saffold was coming out people thought he might have to kick inside to guard, midway through this season Fisher said he was thinking about putting him at guard. He can't handle the outside rush, and he's not strong enough to deal with bull rush. The only reason he has any chance at guard wouldn't be at a road grader, he'd be a technical pass blocker, and a guy who gets good angles in the line. They need the help, at OL. Even with Jake Long.

Yeah, which is why I said they'd be better off taking Lane Johnson over a guard in a trade up scenario.

Tackles are just more valuable than guards.
08:10 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Throw ME the ball!
Yeah, which is why I said they'd be better off taking Lane Johnson over a guard in a trade up scenario.

Tackles are just more valuable than guards.

Yeah, but Warmack to me is a better player than Johnson, and the value curve that Johnson has over Warmack, doesn't offset the talent curve that Warmack has over Johnson.

I'd rather have the better player than the more valuable position, especially when they would still be extremely weak at guard.
08:17 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Yeah, but Warmack to me is a better player than Johnson, and the value curve that Johnson has over Warmack, doesn't offset the talent curve that Warmack has over Johnson.

I'd rather have the better player than the more valuable position, especially when they would still be extremely weak at guard.

Still a guard...and the guard class is pretty deep this year.

I wouldn't really have a big issue with it if it was their original pick, but you traded up into the top ten for an interior offensive lineman. He's a elite prospect at his position, but it's not a position of great impact.
08:20 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Throw ME the ball!
Still a guard...and the guard class is pretty deep this year.

I wouldn't really have a big issue with it if it was their original pick, but you traded up into the top ten for an interior offensive lineman. He's a elite prospect at his position, but it's not a position of great impact.

Only other options for the Rams in the first were WR and S, and I like the second tier guys as much as the first round guys, however, I don't like the second rate OL in this draft at ALL. And I'm very low on Lane Johnson!
08:24 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Only other options for the Rams in the first were WR and S, and I like the second tier guys as much as the first round guys, however, I don't like the second rate OL in this draft at ALL. And I'm very low on Lane Johnson!

I just counted at least six guards that will be available after the first round that have the ability to be immediate starters in the NFL.

Having an elite guard isn't that important.

Different philosophies for us, I guess. Good luck the rest of the way.
08:24 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Throw ME the ball!
I just counted at least six guards that will be available after the first round that have the ability to be immediate starters in the NFL.

Having an elite guard isn't that important.

Different philosophies for us, I guess. Good luck the rest of the way.

What 6 guards and what 6 guards are they replacing?
08:26 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
What 6 guards and what 6 guards are they replacing?

This is a mock draft - I'm not going to post about undrafted prospects that I may or may not be targeting (SMOKESCREEN!).

The 2013 guard class is very deep.

What do you mean: "what 6 guards are they replacing?" ?

Cooper and Warmack are obviously the cream of the crop, but there's quite a bit of guard talent that will be around in the second, third, and probably even the fourth round.
08:38 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Throw ME the ball!
This is a mock draft - I'm not going to post about undrafted prospects that I may or may not be targeting (SMOKESCREEN!).

The 2013 guard class is very deep.

What do you mean: "what 6 guards are they replacing?" ?

Cooper and Warmack are obviously the cream of the crop, but there's quite a bit of guard talent that will be around in the second, third, and probably even the fourth round.

Because you said these 6 guards have the ability to be immediate starters. haha.

Edit: so they have to be replacing 6 guards in the league!
08:39 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Because you said these 6 guards have the ability to be immediate starters. haha.

Edit: so they have to be replacing 6 guards in the league!

If a team needs a guard, they can draft one of these guys to be an immediate starter.

Solid value
11:41 PM on 03/31/13 
User Info.
rcrook
Damage Control
For the Chargers I select Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
12:08 AM on 04/01/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Keller is only on a 1 year deal though. He wasnt signed to be the answer I dont think, just a stop gap

youre up
05:28 AM on 04/01/13 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
alright give me a few minutes

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates