AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Liferuiner Signs With InVogue

Posted by - 02:26 PM on 04/08/13
Liferuiner signed with InVogue Records and will release Future Revisionists on June 4th. A music video for the first single can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
02:26 PM on 04/08/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
02:27 PM on 04/08/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
They were fucking awful back in the statutory rape/joke —core band phase, and now they're just a fucking awful band trying to jump on the even worse "trendy, honest and deep hardcore" Hundredth/Being As An Ocean phase.
02:42 PM on 04/08/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
They were fucking awful back in the statutory rape/joke —core band phase, and now they're just a fucking awful band trying to jump on the even worse "trendy, honest and deep hardcore" Hundredth/Being As An Ocean phase.
except Hundredth/Being As An Ocean are both terrible..

also Being as an Ocean buys their facebook and twitter followers. so they are just as fake as the scene-core shit bands.

you want honest hardcore listen to Have Heart and Verse..
02:46 PM on 04/08/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

What exactly do you mean by statutory rape phase? I just got an email about this band and decided to post because they're from Canada and toured with Dead and Divine... I don't really know much about them, haha.
03:30 PM on 04/08/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
except Hundredth/Being As An Ocean are both terrible..

also Being as an Ocean buys their facebook and twitter followers. so they are just as fake as the scene-core shit bands.

you want honest hardcore listen to Have Heart and Verse..
I guess my post was confusing, but yeah, both those bands are just as bad as this. Didn't know they bought facebook fans but wouldn't surprise me. My friend from SD tells me they were in some generic deathcore band until early last year (2012), and they just hoped onto the defeater/brocore trend. All three bands bands come off as incredibly fake.
03:33 PM on 04/08/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
What exactly do you mean by statutory rape phase? I just got an email about this band and decided to post because they're from Canada and toured with Dead and Divine... I don't really know much about them, haha.
Basically, they've been around since 2006. For their first incarnation, they had around 70 different members because they'd all quit after a few months. Not an exageration. Their current singer is their only original member. Anyways, this singer was accused of sleepign with a 14 year old. May or may not have happened, but the rumour had legs. They eventually kicked out all the members, recruited new members, made the band all american, that band had another 20ish members of their own, eventually a canadian LR formed and both kinda toured at the same time and eventually this Liferuiner prevailed or something. Anyways, if you listen to any of their pre-2010 stuff, it's literally the opposite of everything this band (seemingly pretends to) stand for.

EDIT: They've also done more than one tour with Emmure. Not one to judge a band for growing up, but it comes off as hyper fake.
03:42 PM on 04/08/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on the details, as this was all a long time ago, but there were some pretty heavily-circulated rumors about the singer messing around with and taking advantage of underage girls back in the day. Also back when they used to add the cool MySpace-y "X's" around their band name.

Of course, he denied it, but they were a band who didn't make many friends, so they didn't seem like the nicest of guys anyway. To be fair, I don't know how many of those members remain now.

The cherry on top of this crap sundae? Their music/image was all kinds of awful.

EDIT: StephenYoung did a much better job than I did of explaining, haha.
03:44 PM on 04/08/13
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
User Info.
Love Taking Back The Nightlife, it's just a fun hardcore release. I can't claim to know about all that statuatory business but the vocalist is a pretty chill dude. He comes out to just about every show across Ontario to support the scene. The turnaround from a bunch of dicks just playing for fun to serious, soulful musicians did strike me as odd though and I'm not sure I buy into it, 1990 is a solid song either way IMO. It's funny that Being as an Ocean was brough up as they're now going to tour together due to fan demand. I don't know much about them but Salute e Vita is a great song.
03:53 PM on 04/08/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
When I saw them at a show, the singer ran around the pit slapping people on the head. Fuck that dude.

Also, considering Ontario is fucking MASSIVE, I seriously doubt that claim.
03:58 PM on 04/08/13
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
User Info.
When I saw them at a show, the singer ran around the pit slapping people on the head. Fuck that dude.

Also, considering Ontario is fucking MASSIVE, I seriously doubt that claim.
Well c'mon that's clearly an exaggeration. Obviously he's not going up to Thunder Bay and the fucking arctic but as far as southern Ontario goes, he does what he can. I can't remember the last show I went to that he didn't attend. Either way I've head my fair share of stories and ya he was very unpopular for a while there. He seems to be trying to make amends though.
04:25 PM on 04/08/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
They'll never top this.

04:28 PM on 04/08/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Not a fan of this band.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
User Info.
Me and my buddies like to play that full blast driving through town.
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
I guess my post was confusing, but yeah, both those bands are just as bad as this. Didn't know they bought facebook fans but wouldn't surprise me. My friend from SD tells me they were in some generic deathcore band until early last year (2012), and they just hoped onto the defeater/brocore trend. All three bands bands come off as incredibly fake.
did you honestly think over 120k people "liked" an unknown band that is less than a year old.

to put this in perspective
Touche Amore - 72k likes
La Dispute - 114k
Defeater - 81k
Title Fight - 73k

edit: also you can run pages and twitter accounts through sites that detect how many fake profiles are following/like them. BAAO was at 90% fake for twitter.. sad, so sad

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos