AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
ABSOLUTExclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
ABSOLUTExclusive
Inside AP.net

In and Out of Hardcore #1: Chris Wrenn, Bridge 9...

Posted by: Dre Okorley (05/08/13)
Today, we're excited to bring you the first installment of a new feature called In and Out of Hardcore. Jason G and myself (Dre) are working on a series of personal stories from individuals majorly involved in the hardcore punk scene. These are people who are not necessarily in bands, and have communicated their artistry through record label management, videography, shirt and/or album design, photography, and more, driven by a passion to share what makes the scene so special and preserve it.

This first feature spotlights Chris Wrenn, founder of Bridge 9 Records. It also includes a song premiere from new Bridge 9 signees, Nervous Impulse (FFO: Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Big Boys). The band will release a their debut self-titled album on May 28th.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14.
12:58 PM on 05/08/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
Very interesting article. It was awesome to get some insight into how one of my favorite record labels got started.

Loved it!
01:18 PM on 05/08/13
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
Very interesting article. It was awesome to get some insight into how one of my favorite record labels got started.

Loved it!
Glad you enjoyed it. I just included in a quote of his as well that he made about the current state of the hardcore scene. Thanks for reading!
01:26 PM on 05/08/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
But... it's a feature for the hardcore punk scene....
01:42 PM on 05/08/13
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
Really awesome feature! It was so neat to read the history behind one of my favorite labels.
01:44 PM on 05/08/13
chrishiam
User Info.
Nice article
02:01 PM on 05/08/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
oh fuck yea
06:45 PM on 05/08/13
Rodeo
User Info.
Very, very interesting article. Great work. As a band member and as a label owner that has looked up to B9 after all these years myself, it's really cool to see this type of in-depth discussion. Absolutely legendary roster. And I love love love love love Ceremony.
06:59 PM on 05/08/13
mattyrocks
User Info.
good work dre!
08:20 PM on 05/08/13
TheRxBandit
music videographer
User Info.
This is definitely the kind of stuff I'm looking for in a music website. I don't mean to point fingers at any website in particular, because many are guilty, but I've been really sick of seeing all these online publications post news about bands when the author makes it clear they don't like the band. Like when there were all those Odd Future posts, and there are constantly posts about falling in reverse but it's always posted sarcastically and mockingly. Don't get me wrong, I don't like those acts either, but it just makes your journalism look cheap.

This article is the perfect example of what AP should be working towards. Interviews with hard working individuals/bands in this industry.

Great job.
08:43 PM on 05/08/13
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Great stuff, can't wait to read future installment of this.
12:03 AM on 05/09/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Really awesome feature! It was so neat to read the history behind one of my favorite labels.

Very, very interesting article. Great work. As a band member and as a label owner that has looked up to B9 after all these years myself, it's really cool to see this type of in-depth discussion. Absolutely legendary roster. And I love love love love love Ceremony.

This is definitely the kind of stuff I'm looking for in a music website. I don't mean to point fingers at any website in particular, because many are guilty, but I've been really sick of seeing all these online publications post news about bands when the author makes it clear they don't like the band. Like when there were all those Odd Future posts, and there are constantly posts about falling in reverse but it's always posted sarcastically and mockingly. Don't get me wrong, I don't like those acts either, but it just makes your journalism look cheap.

This article is the perfect example of what AP should be working towards. Interviews with hard working individuals/bands in this industry.

Great job.

Great stuff, can't wait to read future installment of this.

Really nice to get this kinda support from you guys. Thanks again!
09:25 AM on 05/09/13
Rodeo
User Info.
I especially loved the story about the Boston Hardcore Fact Sheet. Genius.
05:18 PM on 05/09/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I especially loved the story about the Boston Hardcore Fact Sheet. Genius.
Agreed. It's nice to see how DIY some of our most meaningful contributors to this scene are.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS