AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
City and Colour News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
City and Colour
Inside AP.net

City and Colour "The Hurry and the Harm"...

Posted by: Deborah Remus (05/24/13)
iTunes is streaming the new City and Colour record over here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 44.
05:30 PM on 05/24/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Can't find the stream on iTunes
05:43 PM on 05/24/13
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
I can't wait to hear this. Might actually listen to it through headphones in bed before I sleep later when I'm home. Seems like a good way to introduce this beauty to my ears.
05:44 PM on 05/24/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Can't find the stream on iTunes

Hmmm, I'd expect it to work, though after reading the press release more closely this might be Canada only:

Press ReleaseCity and Colour’s new album The Hurry and The Harm is now available to stream in its entirety exclusively on the iTunes Store in Canada (iTunes.com/CityandColour), providing fans their only means of hearing the album in advance of its release date of June 4. The City and Colour catalogue including Platinum-selling albums Sometimes, Bring Me Your Love, and Little Hell have been mastered specifically for iTunes, ensuring the delivery of the music to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers, and producers intended and are available exclusively on the iTunes Store for a special price of $7.99.

The Hurry and The Harm is currently available as a pre-order on iTunes and will be offered to purchase as a standard as well as deluxe version. Three bonus tracks (a new original song, “The Way It Used To Be,” as well as acoustic versions of “Of Space and Time” and “Harder Than Stone”) will be a part of the deluxe version. All pre-orders will include an immediate download of the first single, “Thirst.” Released to critical acclaim, Paste Magazine calls “Thirst,” “…shocking in its honesty as it depicts the gritty pain of heartbreak among bluesy yet dramatic beats.” The official lyric video for the single is available to view here.

The Hurry and The Harm is acclaimed singer, songwriter and performer Dallas Green’s fourth release as City and Colour and follows 2011’s Little Hell, which debuted at #1 on Canada’s Top 200 Chart and went on to be certified RIAA Platinum in Canada and RIAA Gold in Australia. Recorded at Nashville, Tennessee’s Blackbird Studios during the fall/winter of 2012, the new album was produced once again by Alex Newport (At The Drive-In, Death Cab for Cutie and The Mars Volta). In addition to Green, the album features Jack Lawrence on bass (The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather), Bo Koster on keys (My Morning Jacket), Matt Chamberlain (Pearl Jam, Fiona Apple) and James Gadson (Bill Withers, BB King) on drums and Spencer Cullum Jr (Caitlin Rose) on pedal steel.

City and Colour will embark on an ambitious tour schedule starting in Europe and ending with an eight-week U.S. tour this fall. Green will also perform some festival dates in Canada, including headlining dates June 29 in Niagara-on-the-Lake and July 12 in Vancouver. The shows feature Green’s new touring band including Jack Lawrence (The Raconteurs, Dead Weather) on bass, Dante Schwebel (Hacienda, Dan Auerbach) on guitar, Doug MacGregor (Constantines) on drums and Matt Kelly on pedal steel guitar and keys. A full Canadian tour in support of the new LP will be announced at a later date.
05:45 PM on 05/24/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Hmmm, I'd expect it to work, though after reading the press release more closely this might be Canada only:

Press ReleaseCity and Colour’s new album The Hurry and The Harm is now available to stream in its entirety exclusively on the iTunes Store in Canada (iTunes.com/CityandColour), providing fans their only means of hearing the album in advance of its release date of June 4. The City and Colour catalogue including Platinum-selling albums Sometimes, Bring Me Your Love, and Little Hell have been mastered specifically for iTunes, ensuring the delivery of the music to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers, and producers intended and are available exclusively on the iTunes Store for a special price of $7.99.

The Hurry and The Harm is currently available as a pre-order on iTunes and will be offered to purchase as a standard as well as deluxe version. Three bonus tracks (a new original song, “The Way It Used To Be,” as well as acoustic versions of “Of Space and Time” and “Harder Than Stone”) will be a part of the deluxe version. All pre-orders will include an immediate download of the first single, “Thirst.” Released to critical acclaim, Paste Magazine calls “Thirst,” “…shocking in its honesty as it depicts the gritty pain of heartbreak among bluesy yet dramatic beats.” The official lyric video for the single is available to view here.

The Hurry and The Harm is acclaimed singer, songwriter and performer Dallas Green’s fourth release as City and Colour and follows 2011’s Little Hell, which debuted at #1 on Canada’s Top 200 Chart and went on to be certified RIAA Platinum in Canada and RIAA Gold in Australia. Recorded at Nashville, Tennessee’s Blackbird Studios during the fall/winter of 2012, the new album was produced once again by Alex Newport (At The Drive-In, Death Cab for Cutie and The Mars Volta). In addition to Green, the album features Jack Lawrence on bass (The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather), Bo Koster on keys (My Morning Jacket), Matt Chamberlain (Pearl Jam, Fiona Apple) and James Gadson (Bill Withers, BB King) on drums and Spencer Cullum Jr (Caitlin Rose) on pedal steel.

City and Colour will embark on an ambitious tour schedule starting in Europe and ending with an eight-week U.S. tour this fall. Green will also perform some festival dates in Canada, including headlining dates June 29 in Niagara-on-the-Lake and July 12 in Vancouver. The shows feature Green’s new touring band including Jack Lawrence (The Raconteurs, Dead Weather) on bass, Dante Schwebel (Hacienda, Dan Auerbach) on guitar, Doug MacGregor (Constantines) on drums and Matt Kelly on pedal steel guitar and keys. A full Canadian tour in support of the new LP will be announced at a later date.
Ah this makes sense. Looks I'll be waiting then.
05:53 PM on 05/24/13
ARo2431
User Info.
He has three platinum selling records?? Or if I remember correctly in Canada it takes less sales right? Anyway, I wish I could listen to this.
05:59 PM on 05/24/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
He has three platinum selling records?? Or if I remember correctly in Canada it takes less sales right? Anyway, I wish I could listen to this.

I don't pay attention to how charts work, but yeah it probably takes less sales. There's only around 35 million people living in Canada while there's 313 million in your country. He is pretty big up here too though, I saw him last February and he sold out a venue that holds 2000, something most bands I listen to can't do.

And sucks that you guys can't listen to this, I know he's a proud Canadian, but it seems strange that there's no US stream, haha.
06:07 PM on 05/24/13
ratmachine182
http://www.twitter.com/reiandcoke
User Info.

It takes 100k as opposed to one million in the US. Which is still impressive given our population is approximately 10 percent that of America's.
06:13 PM on 05/24/13
emmx8D
Thanks Daaaaaaaaaan
User Info.
Wait wait, Canada only stream? What's up with that? Guess I'll wait.
06:29 PM on 05/24/13
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Album is so boring. Even more so than Little Hell... Which is quite a feat.
06:53 PM on 05/24/13
ARo2431
User Info.
I don't pay attention to how charts work, but yeah it probably takes less sales. There's only around 35 million people living in Canada while there's 313 million in your country. He is pretty big up here too though, I saw him last February and he sold out a venue that holds 2000, something most bands I listen to can't do.

And sucks that you guys can't listen to this, I know he's a proud Canadian, but it seems strange that there's no US stream, haha.

Alright I thought so that makes sense. I knew he's much more popular up there than in the U.S. He has a pretty big following here in Michigan too. I guess I'll have to hold off listening that's alright.
07:20 PM on 05/24/13
dashboardkid88
RVA
User Info.
On first listen the album didn't do much for me. Was solid but nothing memorable. Hope it grows on me more.
07:57 PM on 05/24/13
Merkin
A Fine Evening For a Rogue
User Info.
itunes sucks
10:49 PM on 05/24/13
lostmeandering
User Info.
Wait no U.S. stream?!
12:09 AM on 05/25/13
jakeisthebest
User Info.
Wait wait, Canada only stream? What's up with that? Guess I'll wait.

Because he's Canadian? There have been US only streams before for US artists, last one I remember being Killswitch Engage.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests