Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
albums awsome
08:11 AM on 05/27/13
CurtisFFI
User Info.
The songs so far are ok. Listened to about 5. Im digging Satellites. Could make a decent "arena rock" album...I think that's sort of what what they were aiming for.
08:36 AM on 05/27/13
Sing-The-Sorrow
User Info.
The album started off fine... I liked the first 3 songs. After that, it went downhill, with a few bright spots in between ('Low', 'These Things I've Done' and 'Satellites'). 'The Best There Ever Was', 'Alone' and 'Congratulations' could have been left off. They're pretty bad.

Overall, the album felt rushed and has lack of direction. I read an article in AP recently, pretty sure they wrote this album in 3 weeks or something. It shows.

Oh well... I'll just listen to the 5 or 6 songs worth keeping.
08:42 AM on 05/27/13
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
Every Rise release I was looking forward to this year has been disappointing.
09:03 AM on 05/27/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
I agree that people underestimate how huge they are, but the truth is that 99% of their fans will illegally download the album instead of buying it. They just have that type of fanbase.

Not worth the bandwidth
09:32 AM on 05/27/13
Ryan Gardner
@RyanGardnerC
User Info.
Right up there with Transit for one of the biggest letdowns of the year. Bummer.
09:36 AM on 05/27/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree that people underestimate how huge they are, but the truth is that 99% of their fans will illegally download the album instead of buying it. They just have that type of fanbase.

Their EP did 18,000 first week.
09:51 AM on 05/27/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
So "These Things I've Done" wasn't a demo after all ? Sounds just like a different mix
09:58 AM on 05/27/13
jakeisthebest
User Info.
Their EP did 18,000 first week.

Did that leak though?
10:34 AM on 05/27/13
drummer13
http://chaplinband.bandcamp.com/
User Info.
Thoughts after listening through it a couple times:

1. I understand why they said this album was vocal-centric... that's about the only interesting thing here.
2. The drums are cool sometimes, but pretty bland overall.
3. I don't think there was a single memorable guitar line on the whole album. That's a sham, LCTT was a banger in that respect.
4. All these guest spots are ridiculous. This is no "In Defense of the Genre."
5. Kellin, please for the love of god write better lyrics. They're incredibly cliched.

Conclusion: Better luck next time? These guys had the talent and heart to make something great, I don't know how they careened so far off course.
10:47 AM on 05/27/13
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
Thoughts after listening through it a couple times:

1. I understand why they said this album was vocal-centric... that's about the only interesting thing here.
2. The drums are cool sometimes, but pretty bland overall.
3. I don't think there was a single memorable guitar line on the whole album. That's a sham, LCTT was a banger in that respect.
4. All these guest spots are ridiculous. This is no "In Defense of the Genre."
5. Kellin, please for the love of god write better lyrics. They're incredibly cliched.

Conclusion: Better luck next time? These guys had the talent and heart to make something great, I don't know how they careened so far off course.
Pretty spot on.
11:06 AM on 05/27/13
JPA917
@JPA05
User Info.
I don't understand how someone at the age of 26 can write lyrics this bland.
11:43 AM on 05/27/13
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
So "These Things I've Done" wasn't a demo after all ? Sounds just like a different mix
Depends on your definition of demo, I guess. If it's not the same as the release version and released before, then isn't it a demo by default?

About to give this a first listen. I heard Congratulations last night, and it was so disappointing. Waste of what could have been a really great guest spot.

On another note, SWS themselves sounded great yesterday at Slam Dunk Festival. They were disappointing when I saw them at their own gig last week in London though, so I was pleasantly surprised.
12:07 PM on 05/27/13
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
It's going to sell upwards, if not over, 30,000.

Yep. My guess is 33,500, Top 8.
12:28 PM on 05/27/13
BringdowN
They're Only Chasing Safety
User Info.
Really disappointed in this release. Not a single song I really enjoyed, oh well
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS