AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Rise Records
Inside AP.net

Woe, Is Me's New Single "Stand Up" Streaming...

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/20/13)
Woe, Is Me's new single "Stand Up" is streaming on Spotify.

Submitted by Beej 347

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
08:57 AM on 06/20/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is terrible. And I'm not who just bashes on 'risecore' in general and I'm a fan of good heavy music. This is just awful in so many ways. Most notably the production, that guitar tone is the worst, the breakdowns are generic and laden with crappy synth sounds, the screams are thin and the singer in the chorus sounds like the dude from Zebrahead, in fact the whole chorus sounds like it's ripped from a zebrahead song which safely to say doesn't mesh with the rest of the song.

A big fat stinky turd.
09:00 AM on 06/20/13
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
This is terrible. And I'm not who just bashes on 'risecore' in general and I'm a fan of good heavy music. This is just awful in so many ways. Most notably the production, that guitar tone is the worst, the breakdowns are generic and laden with crappy synth sounds, the screams are thin and the singer in the chorus sounds like the dude from Zebrahead, in fact the whole chorus sounds like it's ripped from a zebrahead song which safely to say doesn't mesh with the rest of the song.

A big fat stinky turd.

I have to agree the first album they did and the single after were really rad I've always been a sucker for Tyler Carter's voice though. Everything after didn't interest me much but I gave it a listen. Thought vengeance was a good song but everything after sucked. Saying that least genesis had better production, mixing and writing than this is just awful.
09:05 AM on 06/20/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Sounds like something off the new Chunk album or something... no likely, no surprise.
09:16 AM on 06/20/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
dude at 1:56 i seriously laughed out loud..

this band is the worst.
09:21 AM on 06/20/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
They don't even have any original memebers anymore, correct? Band just needs to end now.
09:31 AM on 06/20/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
I'm going to get hate, but I actually like Woe, Is Me with their new lineup. For what it was I enjoyed the hell out of Genesis and although the production seems a bit lacking on this new song I like the direction they're heading.
09:42 AM on 06/20/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
They don't even have any original memebers anymore, correct? Band just needs to end now.

One original member is left, one of the guitarists I believe.
10:01 AM on 06/20/13
fothermucker
Show's over, mother fuckers.
User Info.
One original member is left, one of the guitarists I believe.
Yup, Kevin is the last remaining original member.
10:46 AM on 06/20/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
its okay. Not really good
10:50 AM on 06/20/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
This is better than most of Genesis and its a smart direction they're heading in. I dig this a lot.
11:09 AM on 06/20/13
UntamedLazyeye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The only good thing about this is Hance, he sounds so much better here than he did on Genesis, everything else about this is awful though.
11:36 AM on 06/20/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is significantly better than everything on Genesi[s], and closer to the guilty pleasure Woe Is Me used to be for me.
12:20 PM on 06/20/13
walk aimlessly
made of fabric strings and elastic.
User Info.
Meh, I don't really like Doriano's vocals and the guitars are still uninteresting. But I can definitely hear Tom Denney's influence in this song. He tends to make the bands that he works with sound bland and similar. I don't really care for the the albums he touches, but working with Tom was a good choice and a step up for the band after that terrible Genesis album. Hopefully there are some better songs on the EP though.
12:20 PM on 06/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
the full title: "Stand Up if you are going to be leaving Woe, Is Me in the next two weeks."
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests