Username
Password

07:25 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Well, a simple man like me can only hope. This would be a great thing for my 4th of July weekend. It'll pick my mood up a bit.

Even if it doesn't, we got that Magna Carta Holy Grail coming next week!
07:35 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
codypayne
Unemployable
Baltimore, MD
Male - 26 Years Old
Thanks for the kind words and honest opinions. Ive said and done a lot of stupid things in the past. Growing up is something we all do and hopefully we become better rather than worse. I made a strong point to better myself and my actions in real life as well as on the internet. At this point all i can do is hope people forgive, and hope they listen.
07:36 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Male
So they sent advances to every tom, dick and harry?
07:42 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
No Avatar Selected
MASS
Male - 28 Years Old
Can't wait. Counting down the seconds.
08:08 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Let's all kiss.
08:11 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Thanks for the kind words and honest opinions. Ive said and done a lot of stupid things in the past. Growing up is something we all do and hopefully we become better rather than worse. I made a strong point to better myself and my actions in real life as well as on the internet. At this point all i can do is hope people forgive, and hope they listen.

luv u thx 4 gud musics.
08:22 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
Even if it doesn't, we got that Magna Carta Holy Grail coming next week!

Oh shit, thanks for the reminder. You're an American hero.
08:25 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old

From what everyone is saying you guys are at the top of your game. I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on the pre-order package and share this record with my friends. Thank you for being a band that I grew up listening to.
08:25 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
So they sent advances to every tom, dick and harry?

Truly wish I was Tom, Dick, & or Harry.
08:43 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
Tbh I liked Cody's response
08:44 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
Portland, Maine
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member

08:47 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
dancelukedance
My body is a bomb
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Male
Truly wish I was Tom, Dick, & or Harry.

Hahah same!!
09:37 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
Do you really think this? I think this blows War Paint out of the water. I've listened for about a week and I'm not convincecd it beats Reach For The Sun (damn emotional attachment), but I think this destroys War Paint and by a long way.

I'm still totally lost as to how everyone is hearing this record.
09:43 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
BrendanMachow
Boston, MA
Male - 21 Years Old
The label is pretty lax with advances.

Ahhh I see, I'm willing to wait. Just quite excited is all.
09:47 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
Calcium, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
My thoughts: RFTS, War Paint & Golden Record will forever be equal in my mind.

Each record is it's own beast. There are reasons each one is better than the other, but all in all, I consider them all damn-near flawless. The band simply knows how to write an emotional rock song that grabs you and both beats the shit out of you and makes love to you all night long. Reach For The Sun was lyric-heavy. It focused mainly on telling stories within the songs and every single track contained some sort of set of 4-8 lines you could copy and paste into a Facebook status update. AJ's maintained writing the same quality lyrics ever since, but I feel as though they've set back just a bit so that they could focus more on writing better vocal melodies and memorable hooks. The lyrics are simply less straight-forward and detailed, but still just as powerful as ever. For that, I do not complain one bit. Because both War Paint and Golden Record continue a growth of better song-writing and musicianship as a whole. Golden Record is the best album, musically, that they have ever written. That's just a fact. The guitar-work is top-notch, the drums are a huge improvement over War Paint, and AJ's vocals are even more raw and passionate than before. Is it their best album? Maybe. Some people will say it is - I think a lot of people will say it is. It's definitely their darkest, most emotional record to date. But will some people claim it's their worst record? Yeah, they will. But I also think those that do are simply saying so because they've created such an emotional attachment to the other two during the timespan in which they've had with them. A year from now I truly think the majority of their fans will be able to agree that no Dangerous Summer record will completely outshine any other Dangerous Summer record. On Monday my favorite will be RFTS. On Tuesday it will be War Paint and on Wednesday it will be Golden Record. Not many other bands I listen to are capable of that sort of consistency in their discography. They're all gorgeous pieces of music that are far too meaningful in their own light to constantly be compared to each other.

So let's do this.

Golden Record = War Paint = Reach For The Sun.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos