AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

AP.net Podcast: Casey Crescenzo (Episode 18)

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/27/13)
This week on the 18th episode of the AbolutePunk.net Podcast, Jason and I talk with Casey Crescenzo of The Dear Hunter about his upcoming four movement symphony project. What’s it like to tackle something completely unlike anything he’s done before? The in-depth discussion and answers may just inspire you to try it yourself.

You can subscribe to this podcast in a variety of ways: via iTunes, your own RSS feed (instructions below), or streaming/downloading the mp3 in the replies. You can also find our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud. As always, we hope you enjoy.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
09:52 AM on 09/27/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.

Instructions for RSS FeedRSS URL for subscribing to the podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/apnetpodcast

Open iTunes > File > Subscribe to Podcast > Paste the above link into it.

The podcast is also on Tumblr, iTunes, and SoundCloud.

Show Notes:
The Dear Hunter Official Website
The Dear Hunter Twitter
10:32 AM on 09/27/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
One of the most talented and creative minds in indie music today. Can't wait to listen to this.
10:45 AM on 09/27/13
MaxRacer
Video Game Enthusiast
User Info.
casey!
12:16 PM on 09/27/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Oh nice didnt expect this.
12:33 PM on 09/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hope you all enjoy.
12:47 PM on 09/27/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
cant say i enjoy a WHOLE lot of his stuff but ive always had a ton of respect for him and understand that he is in fact very very musically intelligent. excited to dive into this.
02:02 PM on 09/27/13
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.

Great podcast, Casey's definitely one of my favorite musicians in the scene, not only for Dear Hunter but TREOS as well. Can you tell us about any future guests?
02:10 PM on 09/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Great podcast, Casey's definitely one of my favorite musicians in the scene, not only for Dear Hunter but TREOS as well. Can you tell us about any future guests?
Got Buddy from Senses Fail, Kevin Devine, a podcast I recorded with Zack from POZ about webblogs/design, and I think we have some stuff to record next week with Mark Rose (Spitalfield) and I believe NFG on deck as well.
02:15 PM on 09/27/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Got Buddy from Senses Fail, Kevin Devine, a podcast I recorded with Zack from POZ about webblogs/design, and I think we have some stuff to record next week with Mark Rose (Spitalfield) and I believe NFG on deck as well.
god I look back on the people we've podcasted with and who we have coming up and it's still amazing to me.
03:03 PM on 09/27/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
Has he given an update about that Novel/ illustrated book he was collaborating with an artist on based on the Acts? I havent heard anything in years, but I remember the artist had a blog where he posted updates and drawings
09:04 PM on 09/27/13
TheZeroKid
I'm Not Holden Caulfield
User Info.
Has he given an update about that Novel/ illustrated book he was collaborating with an artist on based on the Acts? I havent heard anything in years, but I remember the artist had a blog where he posted updates and drawings
They only did Act II and it came with a special edition of Act III. I love everything Crescenzo's ever done and I think Migrant is one of the best releases this year but I really want him to finish the Acts. Not because it's the best Dear Hunter work (I didn't think he could top the Acts until I heard the complete Color Spectrum), but because if you're going to start a story you need to finish it. Glad he's taking time to focus on other things and take a breather but I really do hope he finishes the Acts up at some point.
11:02 AM on 09/28/13
Dan CiTi
To Let The World Be
User Info.
Van Dyke Parks :) he wrote lyrics for and aided song ideas for the Beach Boys' Smile in 1966-67, where he learned a lot about production and arrangement. He's talked a lot about how Brian Wilson was a virtuoso during the 60s, and a chance to work with him was an honor and useful and interesting on an educational, artistic, and technical level. He's done arrangements for Joanna Newsom and Silverchair, as well as worked with various other artists too since the 60s. He's even featured on The Byrds' "5D (Fifth Dimension)" on organ.
06:07 PM on 09/29/13
Uilliam
boom, roasted
User Info.

Buddy always has something interesting to say, looking forward to that one.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests