Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 41
11:10 AM on 10/03/13
DrewFoundGlory
@AndrewKyle2219
User Info.
Not sure what you're seeing but if you search for it on Amazon, two versions pop up and the $8.99 version has a description that says it includes Vital + bonus tracks, a bonus disc of remixes, and a DVD. Go read it for yourself. If you compare the $8.99 description the $10.99 description, you'll see the difference. Both listing says "1 disc" on the product info section but that's obviously not correct.
Yeah, in the editorial review part it says that for both the $8.99 and $10.99 one. Then there is the $19.99 which should be the full deluxe one.
11:16 AM on 10/03/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Yeah, in the editorial review part it says that for both the $8.99 and $10.99 one. Then there is the $19.99 which should be the full deluxe one.

No..no it doesn't. Point me to what you're reading. Here's the editiorial text from the $8.99 version:

Deluxe three disc (two CDs + DVD) edition, an expanded edition of their 2012 Vital album including six additional tracks, a bonus CD of remixes and a live DVD. Vital was the sixth album from the Christian Alt-Rock band. The album features new influences for the band and is powered by a youthful, powerful energy.

Here's the editiorial text from the $10.99 version:

2013 two CD release from the Christian Alt-Rock band, an expanded version of their 2012 album Vital including six additional tracks plus a bonus 13 track live CD. Vital was the sixth album from the Christian Alt-Rock band. The album features new influences for the band and is powered by a youthful, powerful energy.

You must be on a different Amazon site or something lol. Additionally, there is no $19.99 deluxe version even available for sale on Amazon. Search for "Anberlin Devotion Deluxe" and you get the $8.99 version.
11:29 AM on 10/03/13
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
Love this.

I liked Vital, but I wasn't truly taken aback by it. With this special edition, I might actually be convinced to buy it!
11:39 AM on 10/03/13
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
Actually, I take that back. I don't just love this. I'm stunned in amazement of how great this song is. If this is any signifier of the quality of the other tracks, then I wish Anberlin would have just made an entirely new fell length. This might be one of the best Anberlin songs ever.
11:45 AM on 10/03/13
heinzfoot57
we are once in a lifetime
User Info.
I like it, just more music from them is awesome
12:08 PM on 10/03/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't hear the Dark/Light at all. Sounds like an extension of Vital to me.

This sounds like some of their best musical performances as a band. Nate is killing it, Stephen is killing it, chord progressions are on point, all of it. This is a killer tune.
12:19 PM on 10/03/13
Lucas27
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow. This stands right beside the very best tracks of Vital ("Self-Starter", "Little Tyrants", "Modern Age") if not above. I do agree with the DITW comparison a bit in that it has the more ambient tone that record had, as well as the repetition in the chorus (which I actually liked on Dark and I like here), but the electronics fit so well with Vital. Depending on how good "IJSW" is, Devotion could bring Vital that much closer to Cities. I plan on playing the album through without the b-sides though.. they're good, but they're still b-sides.
12:25 PM on 10/03/13
thisisalchemy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow. This stands right beside the very best tracks of Vital ("Self-Starter", "Little Tyrants", "Modern Age") if not above. I do agree with the DITW comparison a bit in that it has the more ambient tone that record had, as well as the repetition in the chorus (which I actually liked on Dark and I like here), but the electronics fit so well with Vital. Depending on how good "IJSW" is, Devotion could bring Vital that much closer to Cities. I plan on playing the album through without the b-sides though.. they're good, but they're still b-sides.
the Vital b-sides are my favorite tracks actually. Safe Here and Unstable are incredible tunes.
12:34 PM on 10/03/13
Lucas27
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the Vital b-sides are my favorite tracks actually. Safe Here and Unstable are incredible tunes.
I do agree, "Safe Here" is one of my favorite tracks and "Unstable" is beautiful. But "No Love to Speak" doesn't stick out to me as much musically and the production on "Said Too Much" sounds odd next to the other songs. (is it just me or is it really muffled?) That said, Anberlin's weakest b-sides knock the socks off of most band's best songs for me.
12:35 PM on 10/03/13
brettswanny
brettswanny
User Info.
sounds sort of DITWLIAPish, but more intense...so a nice blend of Dark and Vital

Exactly what I thought. My main issue with DITWLIAP was the overall lack of intensity that I've always loved in Anberlin records. This has an awesome combination of the sounds.
12:53 PM on 10/03/13
The Meech
User Info.
dang this is good
01:40 PM on 10/03/13
honestykills
User Info.
God I love this band.
01:58 PM on 10/03/13
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Very into this.
02:00 PM on 10/03/13
OHonefortythree
User Info.
This is so good. Haven't listened to these guys in forever, good to hear them again.
03:59 PM on 10/03/13
DrewFoundGlory
@AndrewKyle2219
User Info.
No..no it doesn't. Point me to what you're reading. Here's the editiorial text from the $8.99 version:

Deluxe three disc (two CDs + DVD) edition, an expanded edition of their 2012 Vital album including six additional tracks, a bonus CD of remixes and a live DVD. Vital was the sixth album from the Christian Alt-Rock band. The album features new influences for the band and is powered by a youthful, powerful energy.

Here's the editiorial text from the $10.99 version:

2013 two CD release from the Christian Alt-Rock band, an expanded version of their 2012 album Vital including six additional tracks plus a bonus 13 track live CD. Vital was the sixth album from the Christian Alt-Rock band. The album features new influences for the band and is powered by a youthful, powerful energy.

You must be on a different Amazon site or something lol. Additionally, there is no $19.99 deluxe version even available for sale on Amazon. Search for "Anberlin Devotion Deluxe" and you get the $8.99 version.
Yeah, I think ours are showing something completely different lol regardless I pre-ordered it and now I'm pissed I didn't get it for $8.99 haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos