Username
Password

Album Review

Ariana Grande - Yours Truly Album Cover

Ariana Grande - Yours Truly

Reviewed by
Ariana GrandeYours Truly
Release Date:
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
August 30, 2013

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:58 PM on 10/08/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
I'm not afraid to jam this with my windows down. Bottom half is great.
12:02 AM on 10/09/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
I was a fan of some of her covers, but idk her bad enunciation skills really get to me so I'm not totally sold yet.

edit: and now that I probably sound like a total hater, I'm really confused about what is going on with her arms on that artwork.
05:09 AM on 10/09/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Quote:
a voice that feels like it could raze a club to the ground immediately after reducing a wooden man to tears
nice line haha
05:38 AM on 10/09/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
My experience with this album so far are two horrendous guest vocalists and one mediocre song with repetition of the word baby comparable to Bieber. I feel like I should take a closer look with in open mind, but it's gonna be really hard.
08:11 AM on 10/09/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Pretty solid review, but I'm bewildered by the pot shot at Timberlake as a trendhopper, but crediting Ariana as a sincere devotee. Just seemed really random.
08:18 AM on 10/09/13
Ryan Dennehy
Pretty solid review, but I'm bewildered by the pot shot at Timberlake as a trendhopper, but crediting Ariana as a sincere devotee. Just seemed really random.
Does it come off that way? I wasn't trying to say that he is because obviously he's not. It was more of a "JT made this sound slick and popular but Ari isn't just copying him." I had to switch around that paragraph a bit so it might have gotten a little murky.

edit: damn lol it does sound like i'm shitting on JT, totally not my intention at all. whoops.
09:49 AM on 10/09/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I don't get the buzz behind her, she is obviously attractive and can sing but she sounds like all the other young female pop vocalists to me.
11:06 AM on 10/09/13
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I'd agree with that 7, but if you start skipping Popular Song it jumps to a 8.5 easy, getting to 9 territory. Should've done Pink Champagne!

I don't get the buzz behind her, she is obviously attractive and can sing but she sounds like all the other young female pop vocalists to me.
That's like me saying all the metalcore bands you like are exactly the same. C'mon man, you know its not true your exposure is just too low. Her vibe is mad different from other big stars right now.
11:14 AM on 10/09/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I'd agree with that 7, but if you start skipping Popular Song it jumps to a 8.5 easy, getting to 9 territory. Should've done Pink Champagne!

That's like me saying all the metalcore bands you like are exactly the same. C'mon man, you know its not true your exposure is just too low. Her vibe is mad different from other big stars right now.
Prob true, I just fail to connect with it.
11:51 AM on 10/09/13
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
User Info.
This girl has some pipes. BUT SHE CHEATED ON JAI OMGX
11:53 AM on 10/09/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Does it come off that way? I wasn't trying to say that he is because obviously he's not. It was more of a "JT made this sound slick and popular but Ari isn't just copying him." I had to switch around that paragraph a bit so it might have gotten a little murky.

edit: damn lol it does sound like i'm shitting on JT, totally not my intention at all. whoops.
Ah gotcha. Trapped by sentence structure. Haha.
11:54 AM on 10/09/13
j4callen
User Info.
I just don't like this girl or her songs one bit. No clue why. Big pop music fan.

EDIT: Upon further thought I think it's how feeble and dainty she sounds. Just not my style. Too cutesy. Also, vocal runs are annoying. They're like sung out cock rock solos to me.
12:14 PM on 10/09/13
Steve Alcala
Let's play Smash. 1478-4468-2484
User Info.
I just don't like this girl or her songs one bit. No clue why. Big pop music fan.

EDIT: Upon further thought I think it's how feeble and dainty she sounds. Just not my style. Too cutesy. Also, vocal runs are annoying. They're like sung out cock rock solos to me.

I agree. She has the pipes and a fantastic range but it sounds like she's intentionally singing in an airy fashion. Feeble is a good descriptor.

Nice review though Ryan
06:27 PM on 10/09/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I agree. She has the pipes and a fantastic range but it sounds like she's intentionally singing in an airy fashion. Feeble is a good descriptor.

Nice review though Ryan
she isn't constantly singing in an airy fashion though. only at certain points and its done for texture, which works.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos