AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fat Wreck Chords News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Contest: Fat Tour 2013 Giveaway [East Coast]

Posted by - 01:26 PM on 10/30/13
We're teaming up with Fat Wreck Chords to give away tickets to the 2013 Fat Tour featuring Less Than Jake, Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder and Get Dead, which kicks off this coming Monday in Pensacola, FL. Check the replies to find out how you can win.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
01:26 PM on 10/30/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Fat Tour 2013 Contest

To win just leave a post in the replies telling us your favourite song by any of the bands playing. I'll select a winner and that person will be notified on Saturday, November 2nd through a PM on this site.

The winner will receive:

1 pair of tickets to 1 of the shows that's listed below
1 copy of Less Than Jake's See The Light
1 Fat Tour 2013 poster

11/04/13 Pensacola, FL Vinyl Music Hall FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead
11/05/13 Jacksonville Beach, FL Free Bird Live FAT TOUR 2013! FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead
11/07/13 Baltimore, MD Ramshead Live! FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead
11/08/13 Philadelphia, PA The Trocadero FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead
11/10/13 New York, NY Highline Ballroom FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead
11/12/13 Boston, MA Royale FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead
11/13/13 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE FAT TOUR 2013! w/ Anti-Flag, Masked Intruder, Get Dead

For those living in the Central states and West Coast states we haven't forgotten about you! Two separate giveaways will be running closer to the shows for those regions on the site.
01:30 PM on 10/30/13
Punkdc
Some guy who enjoys stuff
User Info.
So excited to see Masked Intruder on this run. Hoping for a new record soon.
01:42 PM on 10/30/13
italianmojo887
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Punk By The Book" from Anti-Flag! \m/\m/
01:46 PM on 10/30/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
Favorite song for me would have to be Drink Drank Punk by Anti-Flag. I enjoy alcohol but I can't stand when my Facebook feed has pictures of everyone holding up a beer or empty bottles. All of those pictures basically baost that "I can drink more than you" just like the Anti-Flag lyrics. Every time I see these idiots thinking they're cool by showing off a beer bottle or a mixed drink, I just remember that song. There have been times where I actually commented on these pictures with the lines "I'm so cool. I can drink so much. I can drink more than you!" I saw A-F play that song once on their 2007 tour with Alexisonfire, Big D and Set Your Goals. Amazing show. Would love some NYC tickets to see them again!
01:57 PM on 10/30/13
delvec19
i wanna hear the same song twice
User Info.
Less Than Jake - "Gainesville Rock City"
02:02 PM on 10/30/13
grocco
User Info.
11/10/13 in new York city

Definitely one trillion dollars by anti flag because not only is it a song with a message, their crowd engagement with the song (and their performance) is incredible (when I last saw them at the highline)

I remember pat set up his kit in the crowd and drummed right next to us. It was awesome and I hope I get to witness that again.
02:05 PM on 10/30/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Mine would have to be "Power to the Peaceful" by Anti-Flag...

I know it sounds nothing like what you'd imagine when you think of this band, but "Power to the Peaceful" has such a direct/no-nonsense message and the instrumentals were poppy enough for me to really enjoy it at 10 or 11 years old. It really spoke to me when I was that young, and it helped open the door to my interest in both punk rock and government.

I listened to A-F a lot in middle school and high school, but I couldn't have ever felt comfortable listening to an angry record like Die for the Government without having heard "Power to the Peaceful" first -- it's an out of the ordinary sound for A-F, but the song also somehow represents a lot of my mental image of the band and what it stands for.
02:05 PM on 10/30/13
demo521
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
One of my favorite Anti-Flag songs is the first one I heard by them, "This Is the End (For You My Friend)". Like many of their songs, it has a great message, and it's super catchy.
02:31 PM on 10/30/13
NoraEj99
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Give Me Something to Believe - Less than Jake I know it's new but its great!
02:42 PM on 10/30/13
MeltingPlastic
201 Native living in the 610
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Masked Intruder - "Stickem up!"
03:02 PM on 10/30/13
Thunderpunk13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Jen Doesn't Like Me Anymore" - Less Than Jake
Why? Cause every bitch I've dated maned Jen (there've been 5) have all cheated on me. This song seems to help along with a case of beer.
03:19 PM on 10/30/13
Jeremytheturtle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Ask the Magic 8-Ball" - Less Than Jake
04:33 PM on 10/30/13
saqalaq
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"The Ghosts of Me and You" by Less Than Jake, made a 5 state drive from Ct to see them last time, cant wait for NYC
04:45 PM on 10/30/13
warnes
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
GET DEAD: Second Look
MASKED INTRUDER: Wish you were mine

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles