AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Koji Song Premiere

Posted by - 10:00 AM on 11/05/13
Koji is one of the most genuine and passionate musicians you'll find in the scene. He's releasing a new EP, Matters, next week on a limited edition cassette tape from The Native Sound, as well as digitally. Listen to a song from the effort, "Matters (of The Heart and Mind)," in the replies. It brings to mind the acoustic approach of his earlier work.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 24
10:00 AM on 11/05/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
10:13 AM on 11/05/13
tossit
Gather round children zip it listen
User Info.
love his acoustic stuff....this is great
10:15 AM on 11/05/13
seankane
User Info.
Koji is great, but putting music out on cassette is such a joke. It makes me question any artist that would put out music on such a terrible medium (that most people don't even have the ability to play) just to say they're hip. Stick to vinyl, it actually sounds great.
10:37 AM on 11/05/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Koji is great, but putting music out on cassette is such a joke. It makes me question any artist that would put out music on such a terrible medium (that most people don't even have the ability to play) just to say they're hip. Stick to vinyl, it actually sounds great.
They didn't have time to press it on vinyl for his upcoming tour but still wanted to do a cool physical product for fans.
10:52 AM on 11/05/13
Flyrfn144
User Info.
I like it because it still allows for a physical release since they did not have time to press a vinyl before he left for tour. Cassettes, believe it or not, are picking back up in popularity. Look at how quickly the Gospel tape sold recently. Plus, I assume this will get a vinyl release at some point down the road.
11:11 AM on 11/05/13
jpmalone4
Avoid Eye Contact Monthly
User Info.
Cool song, I like it. Reminds me of the softer stuff from the split with IIOI.

I don't really understand the cassettes trend either, but if folks are gonna buy them artists might as well sell them.
11:16 AM on 11/05/13
Trased152425
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Neve listened to this guy. Where should I start?
11:21 AM on 11/05/13
jpmalone4
Avoid Eye Contact Monthly
User Info.
I would recommend the IIOI/Koji split, cause that's what I started with and it's awesome.

http://nosleepsampler.com/album/iioi-koji
12:52 PM on 11/05/13
seankane
User Info.
I like it because it still allows for a physical release since they did not have time to press a vinyl before he left for tour. Cassettes, believe it or not, are picking back up in popularity. Look at how quickly the Gospel tape sold recently. Plus, I assume this will get a vinyl release at some point down the road.
I agree that cassettes are picking up in popularity, that was the whole point of my post. You're simply selling a collectors item, not the music itself. No one that actually cares about the music will listen to it on cassette, it'll be MP3/CD/Vinyl. It's much easier for an artist to put out their music on CD than cassette. The only reason to put anything out on cassette is to fit in with a new, terrible trend. Who even has the ability to play a cassette anymore? Might as well just sell a keychain instead of a cassette.
12:58 PM on 11/05/13
absintheparty9
Step back. Evaluate. Recognize.
User Info.
Nice, really enjoyed that.
01:07 PM on 11/05/13
smw9211
Terrible Songwriter
User Info.
I agree that cassettes are picking up in popularity, that was the whole point of my post. You're simply selling a collectors item, not the music itself. No one that actually cares about the music will listen to it on cassette, it'll be MP3/CD/Vinyl. It's much easier for an artist to put out their music on CD than cassette. The only reason to put anything out on cassette is to fit in with a new, terrible trend. Who even has the ability to play a cassette anymore? Might as well just sell a keychain instead of a cassette.

Tape actually has better sound quality than vinyl. But, it's all moot anyway if the recording is done on a computer.
02:23 PM on 11/05/13
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
His split with Into It Over It is the best place to start, then move to his full length Crooked In My Mind.
03:57 PM on 11/05/13
beauvais910
User Info.
Ah man I loved this.
04:00 PM on 11/05/13
lastchancegdbye
1/2 of green green green
User Info.
my 98 VW jetta has the ability to play cassettes HAH

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version