AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Rise Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Polar Bear Club Release New Video

Posted by - 02:54 PM on 11/06/13
Watch Polar Bear Club's new video for "Why Live When You Can Die" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 56
02:54 PM on 11/06/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
02:58 PM on 11/06/13
InfiniteArms
#Nygma
User Info.
This is a lot better than the other song they released.
03:08 PM on 11/06/13
MattRM
She didn't turn out to be that cool
User Info.
Not sure about this one. So poppy.
03:10 PM on 11/06/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Definitely better than the last song but compared to their past material these first 3 songs are proving difficult for me to get used to. They've lost the edge both in Jimmy's vocals and in the song structures that separated PBC from being lumped in with pop-punk. Now they've fallen in line with that and I can't find anything about these songs that stands out.
03:13 PM on 11/06/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Minus the fact of how stoked I'am for new jams from these dudes. When did they sign to Rise? An I hope Rise keeps this trend up of replacing all this shit risecore bands with decent punk,Pop Punk an Hardcore bands.
03:17 PM on 11/06/13
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
sounds like the Swellers.
03:22 PM on 11/06/13
henry chinaski
User Info.
Pretty good.
03:25 PM on 11/06/13
YouHaveNoClue
User Info.
Bands evolve.
03:25 PM on 11/06/13
woodmic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ManO, Transit, AL4W and PBC all released their second albums signed to rise records this year. All have been disappointing. Is there something in this or am I just reading in to it to far?
03:27 PM on 11/06/13
zippoX41
GooGoo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is so good, I don't get the complaining.
03:29 PM on 11/06/13
RobotOrel213
Born Howling, Still Swinging
User Info.
This sounds like a poppier version of something from Sometimes Things Just Disappear. I love it.
03:29 PM on 11/06/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitely better than the last song but compared to their past material these first 3 songs are proving difficult for me to get used to. They've lost the edge both in Jimmy's vocals and in the song structures that separated PBC from being lumped in with pop-punk. Now they've fallen in line with that and I can't find anything about these songs that stands out.
I will admit I went into this expecting to prove you wrong but you're very right... this doesn't sound like I remember them. Listen to this and Killing It back-to-back and you might even think they were different bands.

That said, I am a sucker for pop-punk with a hardcore kick, so I will definitely keep giving these guys a listen. This is kind of alright, not great, not terrible.
03:47 PM on 11/06/13
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
User Info.
ManO, Transit, AL4W and PBC all released their second albums signed to rise records this year. All have been disappointing. Is there something in this or am I just reading in to it to far?

This is PBC's first album with Rise (4th studio album), and how can you say the album has been disappointing? It hasn't been released yet.

Also, Before It Caves was pretty enjoyable. Man Overboard and Transit have always sucked, so nothing new on that front.
03:50 PM on 11/06/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this song is great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT