Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 482
06:21 PM on 02/14/14
allysmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also on another note, Jamie that Valentine's day blog that you posted is amazing. I read it a few years ago but seeing it again is such a great reminder. I'm in college and it so happened that 2 of my roommates are dealing with tough breakups this week and I showed them the blog and they wanted me to tell you how much reading that blog helped them. Thanks for everything you all do. Every one of my posts tonight are filled with thanks for you guys. Like I said in an earlier post, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be on the track toward recovery, and I certainly wouldn't be this hopeful about my future if it weren't for all that you guys do. Thanks again:)
I second this. I've read it the past couple of years on Valentines Day and its really helped me. I also shared it with some of my college buddies today and it was really helpful. I'm so thankful we are all here together on the road to recovery.
danisaurous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jamie,

I realize you get hundreds of these types of messages but I wanted to say that it's an honor to have met you twice, heard you speak 3 times and become a uchapter leader for this organization.

I've been following/participating in the TWLOHA story since '07 and it truly inspires me to see what love and compassion can create and how many lives can be touched by seemingly simple concepts like loving others unconditionally.

I'm also proud to have my tattoo in your writing. (my first!)

You are an inspiration to many and a hero to some as well.
However, tonight I would like to simply thank you for being a decent human being and challenging the perspective of so many people and allows them to open their arms, hearts, and eyes to the world in a way that may be completely new for them.

=]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tattoo.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	71111  
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Also on another note, Jamie that Valentine's day blog that you posted is amazing. I read it a few years ago but seeing it again is such a great reminder. I'm in college and it so happened that 2 of my roommates are dealing with tough breakups this week and I showed them the blog and they wanted me to tell you how much reading that blog helped them. Thanks for everything you all do. Every one of my posts tonight are filled with thanks for you guys. Like I said in an earlier post, I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't be on the track toward recovery, and I certainly wouldn't be this hopeful about my future if it weren't for all that you guys do. Thanks again:)
Very cool. Thanks for sharing all of that. i'm glad you guys were encouraged by that blog. My Mom says it's one of her favorites : )
06:22 PM on 02/14/14
DariaDAMMIT
User Info.
To 'Lauren'......he's ignoring you after sleeping w/ you. Sorry to say but he may just see it as a 'booty call'.Let him go. You don't have to be mean to him.Some people just want a 'no strings' thing. Next time, do a lil talking beforehand. Don't get too upset about it. It's happened to many of us
stephiekaye6532
User Info.
Hi guys! I'm Benny from Michigan, and let me first say that I'm very, very glad that your guys' organization exists. You've helped me a few times, and I appreciate it. I've been struggling with depression and self harm for the longest time, a few years at this point, but I finally got the strength to let someone know, and as of last night, I'm on antidepressants and I really hope that it just gets better from here. I have a lot of hope, and I want to thank you guys for in part giving me the strength to ask for help. Because of a combination of you guys, my family, my friends, and my wonderful girlfriend, I'm still alive. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
If you ever need another friend (or a fellow Michigander, however you want to look at it) I'm here for ya! <3
MaRiKa997
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi! If you're going through something right now, if your mountains seem too big on this Valentine's Day, you deserve more than climbing alone. I have learned through years of struggle, help, and hope, that it does get better. Keep trying, let others in. You have so much potential, and it's never too late to get back up. Maybe today doesn't have to be about romance. Today, I choose to love myself and those around me. It is difficult, and it is a process, but it is so worth it.

Remember: you are loved more than you know. <3
This is just beautiful. Thank you for your words
Alliecat95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been in therapy since October and have yet to see results. So today I took the next step to see a Psychiatrist and get help with both medication and therapy. This is the first time in a long time I have accepted help and feel positive about the future. I never would have gotten the courage without the help from TWLOHA. So thank you thank you thank you! :)
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi guys! I'm Benny from Michigan, and let me first say that I'm very, very glad that your guys' organization exists. You've helped me a few times, and I appreciate it. I've been struggling with depression and self harm for the longest time, a few years at this point, but I finally got the strength to let someone know, and as of last night, I'm on antidepressants and I really hope that it just gets better from here. I have a lot of hope, and I want to thank you guys for in part giving me the strength to ask for help. Because of a combination of you guys, my family, my friends, and my wonderful girlfriend, I'm still alive. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Hey Benny

We are so glad that you are still alive! Being honest about what you are going through is such an important step to take and we are so proud of you for having the strength to do so. We wanted to share our Find Help page with you. Here you will find local and national resources that might be of service to you as you take the next steps in your recovery. We are so proud of you, Benny, and please know that we stand with you as you continue in your journey. And thank YOU for your support!
alissaskins
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi everyone! It's almost 1:30 am here in Ireland but I am so glad to be a part of the TWLOHA Valentines day chat! :) Thank you to all the good people at TWLOHA for organizing this event every year - i know that it's an encouragement to so many people, including myself :)
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Things are okay. Thanks for asking. I recently started having some issues with depression again but I was able to ask for help. I had my first session in a while today and I actually feel pretty good about it :) How are you?
Allysmannequin, that is so awesome to hear that you were able to connect with help today. It sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. We know that recovery is a journey that looks different for everyone. We believe in the power of counseling -- you deserve to have a safe space to share how you're feeling.

You asked how we're doing, and our team is just happy to be able to talk with so many awesome people tonight.
Allissa
User Info.
Just a question to anyone who has dealt with this kind of stuff: how have you kept on track with your recovery? I'm in the beginning stages of mine, and I know it's really difficult so I'm just wondering what were the keys, if any, in helping you get better?
haikit
User Info.
danisaurous - i love your tattoo. that's beautiful, i've wanted something on my wrist in white like that for the longest time. :)
06:23 PM on 02/14/14
Okami
The Neighborhood Wolf! :)
User Info.
Jamie,

I realize you get hundreds of these types of messages but I wanted to say that it's an honor to have met you twice, heard you speak 3 times and become a uchapter leader for this organization.

I've been following/participating in the TWLOHA story since '07 and it truly inspires me to see what love and compassion can create and how many lives can be touched by seemingly simple concepts like loving others unconditionally.

I'm also proud to have my tattoo in your writing. (my first!)

You are an inspiration to many and a hero to some as well.
However, tonight I would like to simply thank you for being a decent human being and challenging the perspective of so many people and allows them to open their arms, hearts, and eyes to the world in a way that may be completely new for them.

=]
AHHH! This is beautiful. <3 Lovelovelove.
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Valentines ended an hour ago for us here in England! I felt pretty low in the morning, I stayed in bed pretty much until the afternoon. But my friends have just taken me out, and I've found out that I've got a job interview for this place I really want to work at today. So overall, I think it's been a pretty good day
Thinking of all the people who are having a rough time atm though <3 Stay strong all of you! My door is open to everyone if you need advice or just to let something out
Well we're so glad you stayed up to join this chat with us! We're so glad you found community to spend the day with though! Congrats on your job interview! What is the job?? And please know our door is open to you as well! Happy Day-After-Valentine's Day!
nicoleinatl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I probably sound like a broken record occasionally positing about this, but here it goes. I suffer from clinical depression and social anxiety. Alongside this, I also have no friends. Basically, I'm lost. I have no idea what to do with life, and the loneliness doesn't help either. All I'm interested in is music, ha. I'm probably sounding a little like a whiny dude here, but my town isn't that great, either.

I've received 'help' in the past in terms of therapy. I'm currently on antidepressants. It's just hard, ya'know? I struggle to get through the days. Recently, I self harmed again for the first time in a while. Sorry, I just like to vent my frustrations. I'm kinda crying right now as I type all of this. Anyway, I want to thank you guys for being there for others, and inspiring people. You've probably so many lives, and that's something to be seriously proud of. Keep being you guys, and doing what y'all do.

Luke.
Dear Luke,
first of all, Happy Valentines Day. My name is Nicole and I live in Atlanta. This is my first time doing a live chat but I had to reply when I read your post.I just want to take a second and encourage you. I have had very similar struggles to you, & I know how I sleep depression and social anxiety can be. The mental picture of where you are right now sounds so incredibly familiar to me. Please no, in this moment,you are not alone. You have not been forsaken. I don't know you, but I care about how you feel. If you would like someone to talk to you or email or text or anything I would be more than happy to volunteer. Do you know how brave you are? For the courage that it took for you to post what you did, there are thousands of guys just like you, in the same situation, and they would not be brave enough to speak up. Take care, friend.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos