AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 482
06:23 PM on 02/14/14
stephiekaye6532
User Info.
I believe I'll find my special someone, but I also think it's important to live for myself and enjoy life, rather or not I'm in a relationship.
Agreed, I see all of my friends who are in relationships (all at various stages) and I always wonder when it will be my turn. The more I think about it is that it will happen when it's destined to.
Kaye
User Info.
Hello. :)

My Valentine's Day was going pretty well until I talked on the phone to my mom, who happens to be a pill addict. She kept talking about pills. I don't know how to set boundaries with her. I love her, but she doesn't think she has a problem. It kills me a little on the inside.
laurenterveen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jamie and staff.

Today I am spending my valentines day with the kids I work with. They all have behavioral issues. The last two weeks have been hard. Emotionally and physically. But what I have learned from my kids and through your organization is this. My kids are not the issues they have. They are children. They deserve for me to show up, love them and get to know them. My kids are not the past, they are the future. They are the people are the going to become. So what I'm saying is that today. I learned more about love than I have in my 24 years of life. So thank you
06:24 PM on 02/14/14
lindsay22156
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Valentines day sucks:(
trailblazer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for your support, Austyn. Sorry your year has been rough so far, we want you know that there is hope and better days ahead. We're glad you could join us!
Thank you! It's hard going through a lot of transitions at once. I started grad school across the country from my hometown and moved out on my own for the first time ever simultaneously so it's a lot to take in. My depression and anxiety have been through the roof, but the one thing I'm grateful for is you guys. I went to Heavy and Light in ATL last year, and after talking to Jamie and him telling me I was capable of reaching my full potential, I realized there is no place I'd rather be but here in the present and doing what I want with my life. Things may not always go as planned, but I'm hopeful that it'll work out eventually. For anyone struggling with change, everything happens for a reason, and we are where we are because there's something great in our future. Even when I wake up feeling hopeless, I feel blessed just to be alive.
shello
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think you try to find the second on the way to the first : ) i think both are important. i gotta believe that we all deserve love, the valentine's kind, if we want it. But i also think it's important to fight to be healthy no matter what life looks like, and no matter what hurts or what's missing... Here's something i wrote three years ago, with some of this in mind. It's called "Dear Valentine's Day." http://t.co/ifK82vJdKZ
Thank you, your writing is definitely inspiring. Just at a point in my life where I've reached a lot of my other goals, but what I really want most of all is to fall in love and be a mom someday. I'm very determined and a perfectionist, and what really gets to me is that there isn't really anything I can do that I'm not already doing to make that happen. It's hard having a dream that I'm not really in control of. Although I do plan to adopt/have a baby alone in a few years if that's what it comes down to- I'm going to be a fantastic mom and just because I haven't found someone doesn't mean I should miss out on that!
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey how is everyone :)?
Hey Krisluffsyew, we're doing pretty good here in Florida. We know the rest of the country is probably dealing with a lot of snow, hope everyone is safe.
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hi everyone! It's almost 1:30 am here in Ireland but I am so glad to be a part of the TWLOHA Valentines day chat! :) Thank you to all the good people at TWLOHA for organizing this event every year - i know that it's an encouragement to so many people, including myself :)
Thanks for joining us all the way from Ireland. :)
06:25 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAchristina
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I relate to all of this so much.

My antidepressants worked for a while, but lately it's been questionable - just today my psychiatrist and I decided to switch me to a different one. But I don't know what I'm doing with anything, anymore. My motivation to keep fighting has gotten ridiculously low, and it's just really... sad. I feel disconnected from other people, society, everything.
Hey haikit,

Thanks so much for joining us today and sharing how you are feeling! It's a big deal to allow people to hear what you are thinking and how you feel. And it takes so much strength to admit when things aren't working. Changes aren't bad, but sometimes they take a while. Here is a blog that a past intern wrote about being in that same situation, but how reaching out to those around us can be the most uplifting action we can take: http://twloha.com/blog/You-Deserve-More-Than-Getting-By

Know that you are not alone and we love you!
danisaurous
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hi Jamie! Just wanted to say thanks for some advice you gave me a while back. Told me via twitter it was ok if my uchap didn't make it. I ended up shutting it down, and it was a huge help for me mentally. I've been a lot better lately, now that I'm not living with the stress of running a chapter. I love TWLOHA, but i am NOT leadership material! Every once in a while I still feel like I failed at something really important to me, but I know it was the best decision all around :)
I also have recently decided to turn the university of new hampshire chapter inactive. I wasn't getting the support from my fellow leaders and the student body and for my own health it was too much for me to do on my own. I felt guilty for a whole year trying to keep it alive but sometimes its not a good fit or the timings not right. I'm still struggling with the idea that I "failed" but I don't regret the experience of attending the uchapter conference and working to bring the TWLOHA mission to UNH.

it happens.
we still matter.
it doesn't mean that we can't embody the mission on an individual basis.
=]
dreamersfly
User Info.
Hey guys! My friend has been struggling with suicide and depression and it breaks my heart every time. This time of year is just not the best for her right now. I am so happy and proud for her that she has been able to go 10 months without self harm and next Saturday she will be heading towards 11 months. Whenever she sees my shirt, she gives a good look at it and says, "I like your shirt" :) I'm so glad to be able to talk to you guys.
Allissa
User Info.
I second this. I've read it the past couple of years on Valentines Day and its really helped me. I also shared it with some of my college buddies today and it was really helpful. I'm so thankful we are all here together on the road to recovery.
:) I'm definitely thankful too
06:26 PM on 02/14/14
like yesterday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys, how do you feel about To Spray Love On Her Face? Honestly, it's helped me through some tough times but I wanted to get some feedback from y'all. Thanks!
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Hey! Thanks for being on here to chat :) My question is this:

In circumstances that are difficult to explain, could you give any tips to somebody who had feelings for somebody but just was unable to tell them?? I know for me music usually helps but not always. And a lot of times I find myself with anybody to talk to about this. It's like beating yourself up every single day that you had feelings for a particular individual, and then there is that fear that it will never happen so you're basically just wishing on a miracle at that point. I know it sounds kind of odd, but certain circumstances prevent you from confessing how you feel. So how could someone deal with that sort of stress?? I hope this make sense lol I know this sounds a bit ridiculous. Thanks.
The friend zone is a tough one!! i've spent a lot of time there. My advice would be to be honest. In the long run, it will get you where you're going, instead of this confused limbo that you're in right now. And i know what you mean about music. Music reminds us it's okay to feel and our favorite songs have a way of being friends when we feel alone.
TWLOHAliz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
With the fingers on our hands and the keys on the computer, everybody here is bonding in ways my own eyes cannot believe. What is ironic is the fact that we do not know the faces behind these profiles and pictures (except for the people at TWLOHA) and yet we share our story. In the book You don't know me By David Klass, we hear about a young boy that claims the readers do not know him as he tells us his story. Thank you for telling me your story even though I do not know you. May the happiness, love, sorrow, despair, hope, and a million more emotions attached to Valentine's day be accepted in this chat. Even though the story of Saint Valentine is often forgot, hopefully people remember that love is often simple. One cannot view their partner as a "god"
Malcom
You are so right in what you said - there is something powerful in seeing these posts go up. We have only been here for 20 minutes and already have 11 pages of people writing in from all over, typing and telling their stories. You are also right in that we cannot see one another, but the words on these pages hold so much merit. This is one positive about social media, that it makes the world a little smaller, makes everyone feel like they are not so alone, that there is a post that may resonate with someone. Thank you for joining us today on this lovely Valentine's Day, we hope this forum finds you well!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos