Username
Password

Comments: Page 10
Displaying posts 135 - 150 of 482
05:26 PM on 02/14/14
Alliecat95
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed, I see all of my friends who are in relationships (all at various stages) and I always wonder when it will be my turn. The more I think about it is that it will happen when it's destined to.
Love tends to catch us by surprise when we least expect it. Good luck! I'm sure if you just stay true to yourself the right guy will come along soon :)
05:27 PM on 02/14/14
hannahlentz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA,
I am a definite advocate for the prevention of all the listed struggles. Daily, I am around a handful of people who are affected with the such and it breaks my heart. I want to take action and make a difference. Any starter tips, or points I should consider before I take stand? Much appreciation!
-Hannah
lindsay22156
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have seriously attempted suicide twice now and have dealt with self harm for 10 years. I can say that it is a super hard journey in combination with a personality disorder, depression and post traumatic stress disorder i feel sort of defeated and like giving up. :(
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey guys! My friend has been struggling with suicide and depression and it breaks my heart every time. This time of year is just not the best for her right now. I am so happy and proud for her that she has been able to go 10 months without self harm and next Saturday she will be heading towards 11 months. Whenever she sees my shirt, she gives a good look at it and says, "I like your shirt" :) I'm so glad to be able to talk to you guys.
I had a friend who was struggling with depression and anxiety and I was helping her through it as well. She always loved my Fears vs. Dreams bracelet that said "I'm living a story. I will not give up" and I ended up giving it to her as a little inspiration. She still wears it everyday. The littlest things can mean the most to those who are struggling to find hope <3
TWLOHAkayla
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been in therapy since October and have yet to see results. So today I took the next step to see a Psychiatrist and get help with both medication and therapy. This is the first time in a long time I have accepted help and feel positive about the future. I never would have gotten the courage without the help from TWLOHA. So thank you thank you thank you! :)
Hey there! We are so encouraged to hear that you have taken this step. Making choices like this to further your recovery is so brave of you. We are so glad to hear that you made the decision to do so. And thank YOU for your support! Happy Valentines Day!
mkphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I relate to all of this so much.

My antidepressants worked for a while, but lately it's been questionable - just today my psychiatrist and I decided to switch me to a different one. But I don't know what I'm doing with anything, anymore. My motivation to keep fighting has gotten ridiculously low, and it's just really... sad. I feel disconnected from other people, society, everything.

Hey I'm Megan. I know things seem dark right now cause I've been there. I understand all of it and I just want you to know that it is SOO incredibly worth it to keep fighting. I've been out of that dark place for a few years now and it gets so much better. You are stronger than anything and everything that is dragging you down. When you reach the other side of this you will realize just how strong you were the whole time and just how amazing it feels to be alive. Keep fighting and I promise it'll be worth it!
Okami
The Neighborhood Wolf! :)
User Info.
So I've been on the road to recovery for many years now and as years have come and gone, so have different diagnoses, and even this last time in the hospital (just a few weeks ago) has brought everything into question again.

People keep saying, "Focus on the treatment" but I want the pieces of the puzzle to match, so to speak. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can be validated in my concern?

Thanks!
Okami
05:28 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAjonathan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Thanks for the blog post, Jonathan! Do you have any suggestions for breaking the "habit" so to speak and working my way towards recovery? TWLOHA has helped me through so much anxiety and depression, and I feel that I'm finally strong enough to start working through the pain of beating compulsive skin picking.
We would encourage you to seek professional help, Nicole. You can look for resources on our Find Help page and for help in your area on our Local Resources page. Another blog that could be helpful to you is Emiliy Van Atten's Ride The Wave. Remember that recovery is a process and be kind to yourself, Nicole. We want you to know that hope is real, help is real, and recovery is possible. We wish you the best in your recovery and are proud of your bravery in asking for help.
stephiekaye6532
User Info.
Love tends to catch us by surprise when we least expect it. Good luck! I'm sure if you just stay true to yourself the right guy will come along soon :)
It does! Like I said, I live by everything happens for a reason (just like there is a reason we joined this chat today)
sayomgwtf
Dorkfase
User Info.
I signed up to the forums just to be able to reach out to you guys tonight. All I wanted to say was - thank you all - the lovely and kind souls of TWLOHA crew, you guys do a wonderful job sharing love, support and hope. One of my favorite things are the blogs, it helps me connect with some of you and it helps me understand outside my own struggle. Beautiful work what you do, big hugs to all of you.
kelly_twloha
User Info.
I also have recently decided to turn the university of new hampshire chapter inactive. I wasn't getting the support from my fellow leaders and the student body and for my own health it was too much for me to do on my own. I felt guilty for a whole year trying to keep it alive but sometimes its not a good fit or the timings not right. I'm still struggling with the idea that I "failed" but I don't regret the experience of attending the uchapter conference and working to bring the TWLOHA mission to UNH.

it happens.
we still matter.
it doesn't mean that we can't embody the mission on an individual basis.
=]
It was a similar situation for me... we were going through officers so often, and my school (Texas State University) is just so huge that they can't give student orgs the individual attention they need. It's so unfortunate because the "theme" for this year is mental health, but I NEVER heard back from anyone about collaborating or anything! But I just have to keep in mind that we had a decent run for a couple of years, and even though we never had more than 10 members at a time, that's 10 people we connected with!
05:29 PM on 02/14/14
lbtucker
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HI TWLOHA staff-

I just wanted to say thank you for being there when I felt no one understood how I was feeling. even though our stories are all very different, they are all so similar too. After years of therapy I was prescribed an anti-depressant today and will being work with a psychiatrist. I'm scared about what this means but at the same time feel fortunate to be getting the help I know so many others struggle to find. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have people like Jamie and my best friend to keep hope alive. Thank you for everything.
MaRiKa997
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dear Luke,
first of all, Happy Valentines Day. My name is Nicole and I live in Atlanta. This is my first time doing a live chat but I had to reply when I read your post.I just want to take a second and encourage you. I have had very similar struggles to you, & I know how I sleep depression and social anxiety can be. The mental picture of where you are right now sounds so incredibly familiar to me. Please no, in this moment,you are not alone. You have not been forsaken. I don't know you, but I care about how you feel. If you would like someone to talk to you or email or text or anything I would be more than happy to volunteer. Do you know how brave you are? For the courage that it took for you to post what you did, there are thousands of guys just like you, in the same situation, and they would not be brave enough to speak up. Take care, friend.
Luke, I hope nothing but the best for you. And Nicole, your response was so inspiring. Thank you both for being great people!
malcom
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
To TWLOHAliz
Thank you for believing in my words. Hopefully everybody here finds what they are looking for.
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Jamie, I'm so inspired by everything you do. As someone who has not only struggled with anxiety, depression, self harm, and suicidal thought myself but also seen others that are so close to me struggle with the same, I'm constantly looking for ways to spread hope and healing through my words and actions. Your heart for the hurting is incredible and your advice and words of life are some of the best I've ever read. Never stop doing what you're doing :)
Thanks for the kind words. i appreciate the encouragement : )

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos