Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 482
06:30 PM on 02/14/14
EASheartsVinyl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do you guys have a chapter in Richmond (VA)?
TWLOHAchristina
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I also have recently decided to turn the university of new hampshire chapter inactive. I wasn't getting the support from my fellow leaders and the student body and for my own health it was too much for me to do on my own. I felt guilty for a whole year trying to keep it alive but sometimes its not a good fit or the timings not right. I'm still struggling with the idea that I "failed" but I don't regret the experience of attending the uchapter conference and working to bring the TWLOHA mission to UNH.

it happens.
we still matter.
it doesn't mean that we can't embody the mission on an individual basis.
=]
Hey danisaurous,

Thanks for hanging out with us tonight and allowing TWLOHA to be such a big part of your college experience. While it does seem hard to let things go, that shows so much strength and self-knowledge to admit that something may not be working. You have put so much work into being hope and light and we definitely appreciate every minute of it, but you need to take care of yourself first and foremost. We have all been there, where we can be really disappointed in ourselves for things that may actually be out of our control. Don't let your identity be taken over by something that you need to let go though. You may have a million more opportunities arise because you are to use your time in other ways, but know that we are always with you and we love you!
anniedanielle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ahh thank you! :) It's just a small place opening in our town/village called Shaake, like they make smoothies with oreos and starbursts etcetera, it's just a small job but I think it'd be amazing to work there! Haha. Also got a College interview soon, so I can get onto the course before I turn 19 the end of this year and have to pay How are you doing?
stephiekaye6532
User Info.
haha. It's okay, it has been awhile, but it is really great to see you on here! Yup, pretty much. How are you doing?
How's life been treating you since whenever we last chatted? We should definitely try to talk more outside of this.
MelBelen
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It is the fifth year joining this chat. I am very happy of chat's existance. I approached to twloha for the first time five years ago when one of my best friends was struggling with depression

thanks for your support TWLOHA!!

a big hug for all of you
Hope is real
Greetings from Uruguay

Meli
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I signed up to the forums just to be able to reach out to you guys tonight. All I wanted to say was - thank you all - the lovely and kind souls of TWLOHA crew, you guys do a wonderful job sharing love, support and hope. One of my favorite things are the blogs, it helps me connect with some of you and it helps me understand outside my own struggle. Beautiful work what you do, big hugs to all of you.
Thank you so much for joining us tonight! We're happy to have you here.
06:31 PM on 02/14/14
haikit
User Info.
Hey haikit,

Thanks so much for joining us today and sharing how you are feeling! It's a big deal to allow people to hear what you are thinking and how you feel. And it takes so much strength to admit when things aren't working. Changes aren't bad, but sometimes they take a while. Here is a blog that a past intern wrote about being in that same situation, but how reaching out to those around us can be the most uplifting action we can take: http://twloha.com/blog/You-Deserve-More-Than-Getting-By

Know that you are not alone and we love you!
thanks, christina. i read jamie's old Valentine's day post a little bit ago and then the one you linked to brightened things up a bit as well.

i've been reaching out to other people so much lately, and only very few times has it proven at all worthwhile, sadly. it's incredibly lonely to exist, these days, even (and sometimes especially) in crowded rooms.

i leaned on one person so much, a year ago, and he left without warning in april, even though we knew it wouldn't be able to last, and that has been continuously destroying me since, even though i feel like i've gotten past it, and i've tried not to let it. it's hurting again tonight, especially. the sad part is that this holiday last year wasn't much better than tonight.
nicoleeoliee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
We would encourage you to seek professional help, Nicole. You can look for resources on our Find Help page and for help in your area on our Local Resources page. Another blog that could be helpful to you is Emiliy Van Atten's Ride The Wave. Remember that recovery is a process and be kind to yourself, Nicole. We want you to know that hope is real, help is real, and recovery is possible. We wish you the best in your recovery and are proud of your bravery in asking for help.
Thank you, Jonathan :)
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Jamie,

I realize you get hundreds of these types of messages but I wanted to say that it's an honor to have met you twice, heard you speak 3 times and become a uchapter leader for this organization.

I've been following/participating in the TWLOHA story since '07 and it truly inspires me to see what love and compassion can create and how many lives can be touched by seemingly simple concepts like loving others unconditionally.

I'm also proud to have my tattoo in your writing. (my first!)

You are an inspiration to many and a hero to some as well.
However, tonight I would like to simply thank you for being a decent human being and challenging the perspective of so many people and allows them to open their arms, hearts, and eyes to the world in a way that may be completely new for them.

=]
So cool!! i'm honored. Thanks for sharing these kind words.
06:32 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
TWLOHA,
I am a definite advocate for the prevention of all the listed struggles. Daily, I am around a handful of people who are affected with the such and it breaks my heart. I want to take action and make a difference. Any starter tips, or points I should consider before I take stand? Much appreciation!
-Hannah
Hey Hannah! Our biggest piece of advice is to make sure that your personal health always comes first. If things start to get heavy or you feel like your own health is at stake, don't be a afraid to take a step back and take a deep breath. It is so awesome that you want to make a difference, and we stand with you in that! If you are interested in getting involved with TWLOHA, you can check out the Get Involved tab of our website for a variety of ways to get started! Let us know if you have any other questions!
allysmannequin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just a question to anyone who has dealt with this kind of stuff: how have you kept on track with your recovery? I'm in the beginning stages of mine, and I know it's really difficult so I'm just wondering what were the keys, if any, in helping you get better?
At first, there are going to be a lot more hard days than easy. Its a long journey. But look to what you love. When I want to sink farther into the hole, I try to find even a little spot of light to keep me up. Most of the time for me, that is music. I use concerts as mile-markers. I have countdowns on my phone until the next one. I get through the bad days by listening to new albums or thinking about that awesome show I saw last month. Find what you are passionate about. It doesn't have to be music, but something like that. I ended up street teaming for tons of bands and working for my college radio station and eventually getting a part time job at a record label because music is what kept me afloat. Throw yourself into your passion and it will heal you.
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
Do you guys have a chapter in Richmond (VA)?
A complete list of chapters can be found here: http://twloha.com/uchapters/active-chaptershttp://twloha.com/uchapters/active-chapters
browney4es
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well it's being a good awesome year thanks to Jamie and all the Twloha staff. Today, I'll be here again but as someone different. I crossed the other side. I am sober now. So just want to make something clear. You are NOT ALONE. People today we can chat, today we can be friends...who knows? maybe we can become real strong super duper best friends! Just try and let all that you feel or/and think out. okay? so following my advice just wanted to say to you: love ya babes!
06:33 PM on 02/14/14
Jrey5388
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The friend zone is a tough one!! i've spent a lot of time there. My advice would be to be honest. In the long run, it will get you where you're going, instead of this confused limbo that you're in right now. And i know what you mean about music. Music reminds us it's okay to feel and our favorite songs have a way of being friends when we feel alone.
06:33 PM on 02/14/14
hannahmaye
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey everybody - Hannah here from NY

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT