Username
Password

Comments: Page 30
Displaying posts 435 - 450 of 482
07:54 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAty
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
On this day that brings joy to so many people, it is a sad day for me. I got news that my grandfather only has about 72hours to live. Having a past of self-injury because I hold things in and am a very empathetic person, I am worried that I will relapse into it after 7 months without self-injury. I am the one who has to be strong for my family, I have to be there for them. I can't let them see how I am responding to it. It may seem like I'm holding my emotions in but I have to since everyone else is grieving. I honestly am at a loss and don't know what to do anymore. Any advice? Please.
Hey there. We are so sorry to hear this. We wish you peace in this time. Have you reached out to anyone else about this? We want you to know that we believe completely in you and know how hard this time is for you. We encourage you to reach out to a friend, a loved one, or a counselor. We believe wholeheartedly in the power of community and that finding professional help is an important step in the road to recovery. You are not defined by your self injury nor by the pain you feel. We believe completely in you. Our time is coming close to an end, but we encourage you to send an email to info@twloha.com if you ever want to talk and we would love to speak more with you there. Much love to you! Never quit fighting!
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
On this day that brings joy to so many people, it is a sad day for me. I got news that my grandfather only has about 72hours to live. Having a past of self-injury because I hold things in and am a very empathetic person, I am worried that I will relapse into it after 7 months without self-injury. I am the one who has to be strong for my family, I have to be there for them. I can't let them see how I am responding to it. It may seem like I'm holding my emotions in but I have to since everyone else is grieving. I honestly am at a loss and don't know what to do anymore. Any advice? Please.
First off, i'm so sorry for the weight of that news. That must be so painful. Here's my advice: You don't have to fake it. You don't have to stay strong. You deserve to be able to be honest. It's awful news. You love him. It makes perfect sense that you would be hurting right now, and it's fine to be real about that. i hope you have some friends you can lean on, people who will listen and be there to encourage you. And then we are definitely huge believers in counseling. With your history of self-injury, and your desire to not go back there, it could be a great time to sit with a counselor, who could help you process all that you're dealing with and feeling right now. Again, biggest thing: It's okay to be honest. This is painful stuff. It's also simply part of being alive on this planet. You shouldn't have to fake it.
remylaughs
User Info.
Thanks so much Jamie. I've been so inspired by so so many of your words so that's a huge compliment! You are an amazing writer and I can't wait for the day that book of yours comes out :)
I hope Jamie writes a book! It would be absolutely beautiful!
07:55 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I came really close to not doing the chat this year... so glad I decided to log on! Always so many great words and stories and advice. This reminds me why I'm doing what I'm doing, why I'm spending time in college and getting ready to apply to master's programs (and take the GRE --- EEEEK!). I want to help people and touch lives, and I never would have found that path if it weren't for TWLOHA and chats like this, H&L, etc. Last year I changed my major to general studies so I can focus on psychology, sociology, and health communication - minds, the people who have minds, and talking about minds! It's so good to have a clear path, so thanks for that TWLOHA.
Hey Kelly, Thanks so much for joining us this year! We're so glad you did. It's okay to be unsure of what path you're on, we all walk through that. Keep pursuing your dreams, and if you want to help someone maybe pursuing a degree in counseling is a good choice (counselors have to go to college too). :)
nicoleinatl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks so much to everyone who has opened themselves up, told a story, shared their heart, or encourage someone else. You guys are all really inspiring and I also feel much lighter and less anxious now. I would love to keep in touch with anyone you is still around and would like to do so. Thank you guys so much for hosting this. I'm so glad to follow you on twitter! You guys have a great night. Much love to everyone.
like yesterday
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am so thankful that TWLOHA exists. It has brought me to a place where I can confide in people who love me and allow them to carry my burdens. It brought me to a place where I realized I needed counseling and serious help my sophomore year of high school (4 years ago). And you guys have also somehow reminded me that it is okay that I've had to go back to counseling in college - that it was not defeat, but rather it was me defeating all those demons, and I'm getting there. And anyone reading this: healing is possible. I consider myself to be in complete remission from an eating disorder. I am able to mostly handle my depression thanks to medicine (and Jesus), and the self injury is on it's way out the door of my life. I'm not there yet, and the injuries are further and further apart, but I'll be there soon!
Good job. Spacing them apart is a good idea.
browney4es
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Same here 2 weeks ago! My grandma died. She was a big part of me. I hated going to the funerals. Trying not to cry, trying to be strong. Mom thinks I dont hear her everynight when she cries, but I do. We all miss her. Any advice? Tell him how much you love him! Run and spend those 72 hours wuth him cause at least you could say goodbye. That's a gift. He loves you, you love him. then things will be hard but just think about him, and you wont relapse. The love for him is stronger than that. ... If you need to talk I am here 24/7 twitter: browney4es RUN and spend every minute you can have with him
TWLOHAjamie
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
I hope Jamie writes a book! It would be absolutely beautiful!
Thank You. Someday. Slowly but surely : )
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
We have 5 minutes left everyone!!
07:56 PM on 02/14/14
trailblazer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I came really close to not doing the chat this year... so glad I decided to log on! Always so many great words and stories and advice. This reminds me why I'm doing what I'm doing, why I'm spending time in college and getting ready to apply to master's programs (and take the GRE --- EEEEK!). I want to help people and touch lives, and I never would have found that path if it weren't for TWLOHA and chats like this, H&L, etc. Last year I changed my major to general studies so I can focus on psychology, sociology, and health communication - minds, the people who have minds, and talking about minds! It's so good to have a clear path, so thanks for that TWLOHA.
glad you were here with us!! Good luck with your GRE and with grad school! My bachelors is in psychology because I wanted to know how people's minds work. I'm in grad school for history now because I want to be a professor and hopefully make a difference while doing what I love. Just remember to take it one day at a time, and know you're loved.
07:56 PM on 02/14/14
TWLOHAChloe
TWLOHA Staff
User Info.
thanks so much to everyone who has opened themselves up, told a story, shared their heart, or encourage someone else. You guys are all really inspiring and I also feel much lighter and less anxious now. I would love to keep in touch with anyone you is still around and would like to do so. Thank you guys so much for hosting this. I'm so glad to follow you on twitter! You guys have a great night. Much love to everyone.
Thanks for joining us. :)
07:57 PM on 02/14/14
mellyonline
User Info.
this chat's not even over and i'm already looking forward to next years!
TWLOHAlindsay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey everyone-thanks so much for joining us! We are really glad so many awesome people joined us tonight.
Okami
The Neighborhood Wolf! :)
User Info.
Thank you for tonight, for those who chatted some with me...for making the emptiness a little...less empty. It means a lot. <3
07:58 PM on 02/14/14
Findingmystory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey Jamie. A few months ago I traveled to hear you speak at a university in Missouri. At the end of the event I handed over my blades. I wasn't really able to speak after that but I wanted to thank you. I gave you those and haven't looked back since! Thank you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos