AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AbsolutePlaylist: "Write It Down"

Posted by - 08:22 AM on 03/14/14
It's time again for our latest and greatest feature, AbsolutePlaylist, where one of us knuckleheads does a very little amount of work that seems impressive because it's a list! In this week's installment, I have created an ode to the poorly written word, a grouping of songs I turn to when I simply can't procrastinate any more and must just sit down and write something. Maybe you have the same dilemma, and maybe someone is always threatening to fire you because, in their words, "You aren't very good at writing for being a writer." Whatever your need, here are some songs.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
08:22 AM on 03/14/14
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
"Write It Down"
Click here to listen!

This Will Destroy You - Grandfather Clock
The Radio Department - Never Follow Suit
Lord Huron - Ends of the Earth
Classixx - Hanging Gardens
Arms and Sleepers - Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye
Kyte - Sunlight
Lydia - Stay Awake
One Be Lo, Senim Silla - Reality Check
Clubfeet - Acapulco & La
Teen Daze - Classical Guitar
Inkwell - These Stars Are Monsters
Siskiyou - This Land
Balam Acab - See Birds (Moon)
Generationals - Put a Light On

Against basically everyone's better judgment, including my own, I am a writer at an advertising agency. That means my very silly job everyday is to trick housewives and insecure teenagers into indulging in things they don't need. The types of products and services we sell can vary wildly (a normal day can include selling luxury cars, healthy kid snacks and even mountain bikes), so a diverse playlist is a must.

Lots of people can't write to music, but I am just not one of them. I need it. Typically, it's stuff I have enjoyed many times previously, so I can still focus. But it's always something interesting, and it's kind of fun to tap your toes to stuff in a weird bit of extroverted multi-tasking. There are, of course, some instrumental choices on this playlist, but that would be too easy. There are also some songs I find to have exceptional lyricism within them, and songs that do fantastic jobs telling stories. Inspiration comes in many forms, obviously, and if you're looking for a little motivation to put e-pen to e-paper, maybe this playlist will help.
09:21 AM on 03/14/14
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
Some great stuff on here. Love me some Lord Huron.

I love writing to music as well. When you get in that zone, and the music really becomes part of the background. I love it.
11:11 AM on 03/14/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah, definitely relate to this. I have 800 songs in my recently played right now on iTunes, and all of them are from my long days of writing work over the past two weeks. Definitely need music playing to be productive.
09:44 PM on 03/14/14
Dizzy23
User Info.
I'm actually really excited for this one because I haven't heard of most of the bands and I love adventure into new territory.
07:26 AM on 03/15/14
Ryan Dennehy
Classixx :swoon:
09:14 AM on 03/15/14
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
this is a great playlist. love a third of these artists (Classix, Lord Huron) and lovING the other two thirds (One Be Lo, Kyte)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos