AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AbsolutePlaylist: "Shaking off the Winter Blues"

Posted by - 12:39 PM on 04/04/14
Welcome back to AbsolutePlaylist, a new feature that will bring you a playlist each Friday from one of our staff members or a special guest to ring your weekend in the right way. This week I've put together some songs designed to help you shake off any lingering traces of the winter blues you might have, because hopefully by now the weather is warming up where you are. And if it's not, I'm very sorry...maybe try pulling up YouTube videos of daffodils blossoming and birds chirping? I dunno. Either way, there are Rdio and Spotify playlists for your enjoyment in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 29
12:39 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
"Shaking off the Winter Blues"
Click here to listen!

1. The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio
2. The Tallest Man on Earth - The Dreamer
3. My Morning Jacket - Anytime
4. The Wrens - Ex-Girl Collection
5. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
6. Broken Social Scene - KC Accidental
7. Deerhunter - Memory Boy
8. Passion Pit - Little Secrets
9. Tame Impala - It Is Not Meant to Be
10. Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
11. Animal Collective - Grass
12. Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean
13. Bon Iver - Calgary
14. TV on the Radio - Lover's Day
12:41 PM on 04/04/14
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Love all of it. Especially love #4 and #9.
12:42 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Love all of it. Especially love #4 and #9.
You're a Wrens fan??? How did I not know this?
12:45 PM on 04/04/14
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
You're a Wrens fan??? How did I not know this?
It has never come up?

When I used to work at Insound (circa 2005-2006), we listened to Meadowlands quite often. And the infatuation started. I don't listen to them frequently, but when I do, whew, it's something else.
12:48 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
It has never come up?

When I used to work at Insound (circa 2005-2006), we listened to Meadowlands quite often. And the infatuation started. I don't listen to them frequently, but when I do, whew, it's something else.
The Meadowlands is one of my favorite records ever haha. Supposedly they've got a new record almost ready for mastering as of a few months ago when I bugged them on twitter lol...but who knows with them. They swear it's really coming out this year though.
01:10 PM on 04/04/14
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
The Meadowlands is one of my favorite records ever haha. Supposedly they've got a new record almost ready for mastering as of a few months ago when I bugged them on twitter lol...but who knows with them. They swear it's really coming out this year though.
I'll keep my fingers crossed.
01:17 PM on 04/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Oh yeah, this is gold. That fucking Fleet Foxes track, man.
01:41 PM on 04/04/14
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
User Info.
I love how these comments are all red.
01:53 PM on 04/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
NOT ANYMORE!
02:15 PM on 04/04/14
ChaseTx
This is all bands I've read about plenty and never heard, so I'll need to check it out
02:19 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Oh yeah, this is gold. That fucking Fleet Foxes track, man.
One of my favorite songs ever from one of my favorite records from the last few years. Hope we get a new one this year!
02:33 PM on 04/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
One of my favorite songs ever from one of my favorite records from the last few years. Hope we get a new one this year!
I like that record a lot, but it's kind of one of those albums where the highlights are so perfect that they actually make it harder for me to enjoy the rest of the record as much. Or in other words, I listen to stuff like "Helplessness Blues," "Grown Ocean," and "The Shrine/An Argument" all the time, but don't play the whole record quite as frequently.
02:52 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
I like that record a lot, but it's kind of one of those albums where the highlights are so perfect that they actually make it harder for me to enjoy the rest of the record as much. Or in other words, I listen to stuff like "Helplessness Blues," "Grown Ocean," and "The Shrine/An Argument" all the time, but don't play the whole record quite as frequently.
Eh I mean yeah the three you mentioned are on another level but I adore "Montezuma," "Sim Sala Bim," "Someone You'd Admire" and "Bedouin Dress" too, and all the others are very very good as well imo. But I am a fanboy haha...that record's top five of the decade so far for me for sure
02:55 PM on 04/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Eh I mean yeah the three you mentioned are on another level but I adore "Montezuma," "Sim Sala Bim," "Someone You'd Admire" and "Bedouin Dress" too, and all the others are very very good as well imo. But I am a fanboy haha...that record's top five of the decade so far for me for sure
I love "Montezuma" and "Someone You'd Admire" as well. On the whole though, I probably end up preferring the first record. Both are quite good.

And THAT'S high praise, haha. What are your top five of the decade? I'm sure The Monitor and Bon Iver are both there. Japandroids? Vampire Weekend? I want to know how many I can guess.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos