AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29.
03:03 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
I love "Montezuma" and "Someone You'd Admire" as well. On the whole though, I probably end up preferring the first record. Both are quite good.

And THAT'S high praise, haha. What are your top five of the decade? I'm sure The Monitor and Bon Iver are both there. Japandroids? Vampire Weekend? I want to know how many I can guess.
Japandroids have fallen, prolly still top ten though. Yeah The Monitor and Bon Iver are both in there, plus the two Kanye albums and Helplessness Blues. VW would be very close as would High Violet
03:06 PM on 04/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Japandroids have fallen, prolly still top ten though. Yeah The Monitor and Bon Iver are both in there, plus the two Kanye albums and Helplessness Blues. VW would be very close as would High Violet
So Yeezus passed VW for you? Interesting.

I have no idea what mine would be at this point. I more or less stand by everything I've ranked as my album of the year, so it would probably be those four and a wildcard.
03:10 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
So Yeezus passed VW for you? Interesting.

I have no idea what mine would be at this point. I more or less stand by everything I've ranked as my album of the year, so it would probably be those four and a wildcard.
Yeah man. I like Yeezus more than MBDTF too, and more than Bon Iver and Helplessness Blues...so right now the only thing standing in its way would be The Monitor. But dethroning that record for me is gonna be tough haha

So Will Hoge, The Boss, TDS andddd....?
03:20 PM on 04/04/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Yeah man. I like Yeezus more than MBDTF too, and more than Bon Iver and Helplessness Blues...so right now the only thing standing in its way would be The Monitor. But dethroning that record for me is gonna be tough haha

So Will Hoge, The Boss, TDS andddd....?
Also interesting, I had no idea you liked that record so much. I like Yeezus fine, but definitely not more than MBDTF. Then again, MBDTF is my favorite record of his by a mile, so I guess that's not surprising.

My 2010 album of the year was Chad Perrone, AKA other Chris's man crush.
04:16 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Also interesting, I had no idea you liked that record so much. I like Yeezus fine, but definitely not more than MBDTF. Then again, MBDTF is my favorite record of his by a mile, so I guess that's not surprising.

My 2010 album of the year was Chad Perrone, AKA other Chris's man crush.
See here's the thing with Yeezus: I heard it in full like probably fifteen to twenty times a week this summer and by the time the fall rolled around and I picked things back up here I was a tad over-saturated with it or whatever--especially since I wasn't able to listen to a ton of other new music when I was in NM. But in the months since I've realized that it's fucking impressively flawless. In a catalog of unique records that near or attain perfection, none of his others try more ridiculous shit, none pull it off as well, and its his tightest and most forceful record. Plus I think it's the actualization of his new post-808s persona even more so than MBDTF. That record introduced us to the new Kanye who's conquering the world...but with Yeezus he's already a successful conqueror and all he has to do is "show ya how much I don't give a fuck." Plus I love how he embraced electronic music and trap and stuff, and I mean my god where else are you gonna hear Chief Keef and Justin Vernon on the same track? I think it is indeed his Nebraska as he's said, but in Kanye's case his Nebraska interests me more than his Born to Run-era [LR and Graduation]. That and it's the most socially conscious record of his since his debut. Sorry for the rant haha, just been thinking about Yeezus a lot the last few weeks

Ohhhh duh. Yeah I know who he is, just didn't know he'd put one out this decade. He's alright, I prefer his stuff with Averi or whatever more. The record with the green cover is great, blanking on the name.
04:47 PM on 04/04/14
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
there could never be enough praise for Fleet Foxes
06:44 PM on 04/04/14
gonfreaks
User Info.
Excellent playlist, already a big fan of most of those tracks/records, except for The Wrens who I'm ashamed to admit I've never really listened to.
06:54 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Excellent playlist, already a big fan of most of those tracks/records, except for The Wrens who I'm ashamed to admit I've never really listened to.
Change that! I can't recommend The Meadowlands enough haha
07:08 PM on 04/04/14
gonfreaks
User Info.
Change that! I can't recommend The Meadowlands enough haha
Putting it on right now. I've intended to listen to The Meadowlands for a very long time and just never got around to it for one reason or another. I'm doubly ashamed now that I realize that they're from Jersey and have not just one but two records named after locations I grew up about ten minutes away from.
08:08 PM on 04/04/14
Chris Collum
User Info.
Putting it on right now. I've intended to listen to The Meadowlands for a very long time and just never got around to it for one reason or another. I'm doubly ashamed now that I realize that they're from Jersey and have not just one but two records named after locations I grew up about ten minutes away from.
Damn haha. Well I hope you enjoyed! Imo one of the greatest records ever about being frustrated and brokenhearted....and there's lots about that
09:14 PM on 04/04/14
Nuns On A Bus
Hobson's Choice
User Info.
Every song on here that isn't Fleet Foxes is a 5 star song. Nice list
07:09 AM on 04/05/14
gonfreaks
User Info.
Damn haha. Well I hope you enjoyed! Imo one of the greatest records ever about being frustrated and brokenhearted....and there's lots about that
After a few listens last night, goddamn great record. As I was listening I was constantly picking out lyrical passages that I loved, although there was a fair amount I couldn't pick up. I'll be spending quite a bit of time with it in the near future, excited to dive in further.
07:33 AM on 04/05/14
Eva Friedman
I'm the girl who makes it out alive
User Info.
"Little Secrets" and Passion Pit in general are major staples for me in all warm weather months
07:37 AM on 04/05/14
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
See here's the thing with Yeezus: I heard it in full like probably fifteen to twenty times a week this summer and by the time the fall rolled around and I picked things back up here I was a tad over-saturated with it or whatever--especially since I wasn't able to listen to a ton of other new music when I was in NM. But in the months since I've realized that it's fucking impressively flawless. In a catalog of unique records that near or attain perfection, none of his others try more ridiculous shit, none pull it off as well, and its his tightest and most forceful record. Plus I think it's the actualization of his new post-808s persona even more so than MBDTF. That record introduced us to the new Kanye who's conquering the world...but with Yeezus he's already a successful conqueror and all he has to do is "show ya how much I don't give a fuck." Plus I love how he embraced electronic music and trap and stuff, and I mean my god where else are you gonna hear Chief Keef and Justin Vernon on the same track? I think it is indeed his Nebraska as he's said, but in Kanye's case his Nebraska interests me more than his Born to Run-era [LR and Graduation]. That and it's the most socially conscious record of his since his debut. Sorry for the rant haha, just been thinking about Yeezus a lot the last few weeks

Ohhhh duh. Yeah I know who he is, just didn't know he'd put one out this decade. He's alright, I prefer his stuff with Averi or whatever more. The record with the green cover is great, blanking on the name.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you needed a break from it. I don't know, it's one of those records that I admire more than I love, which is actually the case for most of his stuff other than MBDTF. I definitely like that he's moving more and more toward tight concision, because it's the length and filler on those early records that keep me from loving them. Even Fantasy is a bit overlong, imo, but I'm definitely more a fan of that album's bombastic maximalism than I am of anything else he's done. As someone who's not really a hip-hop guy, I just love how melodic that record is.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests