Username
Password

07:02 AM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
Chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
I got the M8 earlier today. It's so good.
How's the camera? I can upgrade on T-Mobile in May and I might get it.
07:06 AM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
How's the camera? I can upgrade on T-Mobile in May and I might get it.
I'm not too much of a camera man but it seems a quite high quality camera for only 4mp the duo camera thing is pretty cool
08:35 AM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
theagentcoma
Post Grad Vagabond
Seattle
Male - 26 Years Old
What about the S5 makes it a big deal? Other than the curved design or whatever
10:19 AM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
It's not curved, what makes it a big deal is that is has the latest/greatest hardware inside of it. Thats what I look for, the casual customer just says "look, its a new galaxy S phone".
01:02 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I'm not too much of a camera man but it seems a quite high quality camera for only 4mp the duo camera thing is pretty cool

I think the original One was only 4MP, this should be at least 5MP. Glad you're happy with it though.
01:03 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
I think the original One was only 4MP, this should be at least 5MP. Glad you're happy with it though.
Nah pretty sure it's 4mp again. The front camera is 5mp
01:06 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old

As far as I'm aware, none of the Galaxy S phones have been curved other than the Galaxy Nexus.

Improvements include: Superior hardware over most competition, slightly larger screen size, a more grippy and comfortable battery cover, it's water proof out of the box (no more needing to buy an S4 Active- ALL s5s are waterproof), better display and richer colors/contrast than the HTC M8 and possibly every other phone out there, improved camera (16mp), finger print sensor, new software gimmicks, Android 4.4, 2.5 GHZ processor, AND the premium version is going to be even better with a 2K display.

Still not enough to make me upgrade from my s4 I bought only 10 months ago, though.

/Samsungnerdrant =]
01:07 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Nah pretty sure it's 4mp again. The front camera is 5mp

Ooh really? Strange, first I've heard of a lower mp camera on the back! haha. Do they implement their ultrapixel technology into the front camera, or just back?
01:09 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
Ooh really? Strange, first I've heard of a lower mp camera on the back! haha
same here. I rarely use the camera so I'm in no need for high mp camera's anyway.
01:10 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
Turns out that you CAN root the T-Mobile variant of the S5, same will probably be said about ATT and Sprint, not sure about Verizon. But that is a big plus.
01:12 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Turns out that you CAN root the T-Mobile variant of the S5, same will probably be said about ATT and Sprint, not sure about Verizon. But that is a big plus.

I'm sure people will be able to root their S5s on verizon, but I'll bet you anything the bootloader will be locked, so you can't actually load up custom ROMs. I have that issue with my S4. I feel like android's at a point where all you really need is a custom launcher, anyway, though, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would pre-ICS
01:14 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
I actually kinda like Sense 6 so far I'll keep it for a few days. But I'll probably go back to a custom theme after wards. Really loved the couple of themes I had on my last phone(posted in this thread) but I want something new now for this.
01:19 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Suck a Fuck
Kansas City, MO
Male
I'm sure people will be able to root their S5s on verizon, but I'll bet you anything the bootloader will be locked, so you can't actually load up custom ROMs. I have that issue with my S4. I feel like android's at a point where all you really need is a custom launcher, anyway, though, so it doesn't bother me as much as it would pre-ICS
The TMO variant is confirmed to have the bootloader UNLOCKED...thats the only way for the root to work and Knox to be tripped. There are screenshots of people using Odin to flash the Chainfire root, and the results on the phone's screen.

Since the root works, next is CWM or TWPR to come out with a recovery for the carrier variants then all is well from that point.
01:20 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
I actually kinda like Sense 6 so far I'll keep it for a few days. But I'll probably go back to a custom theme after wards. Really loved the couple of themes I had on my last phone(posted in this thread) but I want something new now for this.

If you're a fan of more minimalistic themes, I definitely recommend checking out Naxos Flat Round icon pack. It's the longest I've ever used a pack before and I love it.

01:21 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
The TMO variant is confirmed to have the bootloader UNLOCKED...thats the only way for the root to work and Knox to be tripped. There are screenshots of people using Odin to flash the Chainfire root, and the results on the phone's screen.

Since the root works, next is CWM or TWPR to come out with a recovery for the carrier variants then all is well from that point.

Ehh, this is false. My galaxy s4 is rooted with Knox uninstalled (thanks to TitaniumBackup Pro) and my bootloader is still locked thanks to a shitty upgrade from Verizon. I cannot load custom ROMs or a recovery, but I can at least give apps root access

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos