Username
Password

01:25 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
If you're a fan of more minimalistic themes, I definitely recommend checking out Naxos Flat Round icon pack. It's the longest I've ever used a pack before and I love it.

That's pretty nice, I'd be more into it if they were square. Really feeling flat sqaure icons at the minute. Below is what I ran for an absolute age on my last phone.

01:27 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
Ehh, this is false. My galaxy s4 is rooted with Knox uninstalled (thanks to TitaniumBackup Pro) and my bootloader is still locked thanks to a shitty upgrade from Verizon. I cannot load custom ROMs or a recovery, but I can at least give apps root access
But that's the thing, the bootloader is NOT locked with the TMO variant.
01:30 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
But that's the thing, the bootloader is NOT locked with the TMO variant.

Ohh okay, I thought you were saying that a Samsung Android device cannot be rooted at all without unlocking the bootloader without tripping KNOX, which you can quite easily get rid of as soon as you have root. Must've misunderstood.
01:33 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
DrStrong
Resident Misogynist
No Avatar Selected
Kansas City, MO
Male
Ohh okay, I thought you were saying that a Samsung Android device cannot be rooted at all without unlocking the bootloader without tripping KNOX, which you can quite easily get rid of as soon as you have root. Must've misunderstood.
For some reason, the Dev's on XDA are saying that since the root worked, that means the bootloader is unlocked. Bottom line if it was locked, root wouldn't stick.

We'll see when the recoveries come out and someone develops a AOSP rom, which is what I'm hoping for.
01:35 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
For some reason, the Dev's on XDA are saying that since the root worked, that means the bootloader is unlocked. Bottom line if it was locked, root wouldn't stick.

We'll see when the recoveries come out and someone develops a AOSP rom, which is what I'm hoping for.

Naw, root will stick, you just can't install any custom recoveries unfortunately :\. The bootloader is just what makes it decide whether to boot into the Samsung UI or something else you've installed. But, if the s5 is unlocked, that really is great to hear and I hope the S4 with versions 4.3+ will soon follow!
08:50 PM on 04/14/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Just FYI :

Handsets running version 4.1.1 of Google’s mobile operating system are vulnerable to attacks that might pluck passwords, the contents of personal messages, and other private information out of device memory, a company official warned on Friday.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/04/vicious-heartbleed-bug-bites-millions-of-android-phones-other-devices/
10:35 AM on 04/19/14 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
That's pretty nice, I'd be more into it if they were square. Really feeling flat sqaure icons at the minute. Below is what I ran for an absolute age on my last phone.

Check out Goolors Square icon pack. I believe that's the correct spelling. Square and flat icons and there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of icons.
09:12 PM on 04/28/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
My mom offered to put me back on the family plan and pay my phone bill now that I'm moving out, which means 2 things. 1) I save $780 a year and 2) I have to say goodbye to my Nexus 5. The family plan is still Verizon and they, still, don't allow the Nexus 5 on their network. My Moto X is on the way. I hope it's as solid of a device as I've been hearing, cause I am going to miss this phone.
02:54 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
i hate how you can't uninstall certain apps on some phones. i know they're more than likely part of the image when it is flashed on the device, but it's shitty not being able to get rid of stuff i don't use. can't even uninstall facebook
03:02 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
i hate how you can't uninstall certain apps on some phones. i know they're more than likely part of the image when it is flashed on the device, but it's shitty not being able to get rid of stuff i don't use. can't even uninstall facebook
Rooting and flashing a new image would be the only way. You can disable apps and hide them from the app drawer too but that's not much of a fix
03:10 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
Rooting and flashing a new image would be the only way. You can disable apps and hide them from the app drawer too but that's not much of a fix

yeah, i have a feeling i will be putting the stock android rom on my htc one in the near future, i know there's a google play edition of the phone so hopefully i can just get that image. i've had it about a year so getting slightly bored of it now haha, not due an upgrade just yet either
03:23 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
SomedayTheFire
Dublin, Ireland
Male - 23 Years Old
yeah, i have a feeling i will be putting the stock android rom on my htc one in the near future, i know there's a google play edition of the phone so hopefully i can just get that image. i've had it about a year so getting slightly bored of it now haha, not due an upgrade just yet either
Yeah I believe there is a stock rom for it. I have the One M8 and there was one for it from day one so I'd assume that's from the original One
05:41 AM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Blueskyburning
done
No Avatar Selected
Yeah I believe there is a stock rom for it. I have the One M8 and there was one for it from day one so I'd assume that's from the original One

ahh cool, i'll have to have a look on xda later when i'm at home and get it sorted out
01:45 PM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
scuby89
No Avatar Selected
Just love android!
06:37 PM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Finally got my kitkat update on my S4. I don't notice too many differences, but my device feels a lot snappier for sure. Unfortunately had to do a factory reset 'cause the OTA was causing some bugs with my mobile data, but it works works flawless now :D

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos