AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fat Wreck Chords News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Banner Pilot Stream "Effigy"

Posted by - 01:55 PM on 04/14/14
Banner Pilot is streaming a new song called "Effigy" over at AltPress. Souvenir is released through Fat Wreck tomorrow and we just interviewed the band last week in case you missed it.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
03:15 PM on 04/14/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
is gr8 song
03:53 PM on 04/14/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

I think you and I are one of the few people on this site who realizes just how awesome this band is, haha.
04:25 PM on 04/14/14
GautamT
User Info.
I can see myself really enjoying this album
05:09 PM on 04/14/14
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
I am so fucking excited for this album.
05:28 PM on 04/14/14
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
So pumped for this record! Loved the first song they released as a video. Such an underrated band.
05:34 PM on 04/14/14
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
07:03 PM on 04/14/14
Nick_K99
User Info.
This band is so under appreciated, it is criminal
09:27 PM on 04/14/14
InfiniteArms
#Nygma
User Info.
I think you and I are one of the few people on this site who realizes just how awesome this band is, haha.
I'm glad people appreciate this band as much as I do. Collapser is a superb album.
05:51 AM on 04/15/14
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.

02:08 PM on 04/15/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

I know you like them too! That's why I said "one of the few" and not "the only."
05:38 PM on 04/15/14
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
I know you like them too! That's why I said "one of the few" and not "the only."

12:00 PM on 04/16/14
Scott Weber
Live Like a Legend
User Info.
I don't get what this band is doing. They're one of my favorites, but this song is easily one of the worst on the record, and for some reason it's second in the track listing. Totally kills all momentum early on. The tempo is weird, the intro is awful, and while it settles in eventually, the execution is a general failure. There's some great stuff on this record, but songs like this just make me want to delete them from the album and pretend they don't exist, especially when the next song (Dead Tracks) is so damn good.
09:22 AM on 04/17/14
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I don't get what this band is doing. They're one of my favorites, but this song is easily one of the worst on the record, and for some reason it's second in the track listing. Totally kills all momentum early on. The tempo is weird, the intro is awful, and while it settles in eventually, the execution is a general failure. There's some great stuff on this record, but songs like this just make me want to delete them from the album and pretend they don't exist, especially when the next song (Dead Tracks) is so damn good.
Agreed that the intro is weird, but I love the rhythm in this chorus. That being said, it doesn't seem like a song that should have been released early on; "Hold Fast" or "Dead Tracks" or even "Letterbox" would have been better IMO.
11:30 AM on 04/17/14
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Agreed that the intro is weird, but I love the rhythm in this chorus. That being said, it doesn't seem like a song that should have been released early on; "Hold Fast" or "Dead Tracks" or even "Letterbox" would have been better IMO.

When I first heard that song I was indifferent, but now I love it. If there's any track I don't totally love still it's "Hold Fast."

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos