Staff Member
All things google.
11:19 AM on 04/10/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Chrome 35 Beta: More developer control over touch input, new JavaScript features, and unprefixed Shadow DOM
The touch-action CSS property offers developers a declarative mechanism to selectively disable touch scrolling, pinch-zooming, or double-tap-zooming on parts of their web content. Use cases include precise control over the dreaded 300ms click delay on mobile, reliable side-swipe UIs, and high-fidelity polyfills of Pointer Events. It’s also a prerequisite for future optimizations to enable scrolling and zooming that never block on the main thread.

Also new in this release, web content on desktop computers will now receive mouse scroll wheel events with the ctrlKey modifier set. There are many sites that want to do something more appropriate for the user than trigger browser zoom. For example, when a user holds control and scrolls over a map in Google Maps, they almost certainly want to zoom in on the map, not invoke browser zoom to zoom the page. This change will enable such a use case.

I'm probably the only one that cars.
12:22 PM on 04/10/14 
User Info.
Mathcore
It's Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
No Avatar Selected
Boston
Male - 18 Years Old
Anyone have a Chromebook/Chromebox? I'm thinking of getting the new Asus Chromebox.
06:11 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
richter915
@Richter915
Male - 27 Years Old
Anyone have a Chromebook/Chromebox? I'm thinking of getting the new Asus Chromebox.
I've only heard great things about chromebook. It's a great and generally cheaper alternative to ASUS brand netbooks.
06:47 PM on 04/11/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Chrome 35 Beta: More developer control over touch input, new JavaScript features, and unprefixed Shadow DOM
The touch-action CSS property offers developers a declarative mechanism to selectively disable touch scrolling, pinch-zooming, or double-tap-zooming on parts of their web content. Use cases include precise control over the dreaded 300ms click delay on mobile, reliable side-swipe UIs, and high-fidelity polyfills of Pointer Events. It’s also a prerequisite for future optimizations to enable scrolling and zooming that never block on the main thread.

Also new in this release, web content on desktop computers will now receive mouse scroll wheel events with the ctrlKey modifier set. There are many sites that want to do something more appropriate for the user than trigger browser zoom. For example, when a user holds control and scrolls over a map in Google Maps, they almost certainly want to zoom in on the map, not invoke browser zoom to zoom the page. This change will enable such a use case.

I'm probably the only one that cars.
Have they fixed the bug with custom fonts unloading over time? I don't consider it a huge deal but my bosses will not shut up about it.
12:28 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24

https://www.google.com/intl/en-us/ch...k.html#ac-c720
got this and it's great.
04:03 AM on 04/16/14 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
Have that same Acer model and it's great.
10:13 AM on 05/08/14 
User Info.
RaginCajun
I didn't know she was your sister
Google Fiber will dictate where and when I buy a home.
05:43 PM on 05/10/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
Gmail redesign
http://thenextweb.com/google/2014/05...-gmail-layout/
06:28 AM on 06/09/14 
User Info.
aj4mizzou
I'm more of a rare coins guy
Kansas City, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
Getting Fiber installed today. Beyond excited.
06:38 AM on 06/09/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Getting Fiber installed today. Beyond excited.
H8 u
08:07 AM on 06/16/14 
User Info.
AbsoluteSpunk
Candy Cane Lane
Genderless
Y'all talking all the good they're doing with new Google stuff but I think they should take a year or two or to focus of improving what they have. There are a number of serious YouTube glitches that not being taken care of or even acknowledged, and for real Google Maps needs an update of some sort, can't stand depending on it.
12:44 PM on 06/16/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Y'all talking all the good they're doing with new Google stuff but I think they should take a year or two or to focus of improving what they have. There are a number of serious YouTube glitches that not being taken care of or even acknowledged, and for real Google Maps needs an update of some sort, can't stand depending on it.
Youtube is owned by google, but it's a completely separate division from the rest of the company and is no way effected by what the rest of google wants to do from the perspective of man hours.
05:42 PM on 06/16/14 
User Info.
aj4mizzou
I'm more of a rare coins guy
Kansas City, MO
Male - 25 Years Old

Going Wi-Fi on a 2010 Macbook Pro, but I love it so far.
05:47 PM on 06/16/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old

Going Wi-Fi on a 2010 Macbook Pro, but I love it so far.
UGH

also you need wireless AC

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests