Password

07:57 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
I find I focus so much better with headphones on then playing music through speakers ... anyone else?
i feel like headphones are great for picking up nuances and little details you would otherwise miss or not pay attention to, where speakers give you a more clear vision of the "bigger picture." it usually depends on what im listening to or what kind of listening mood im in that'll dictate which i go for....but i know what you're saying
07:59 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
or if you mean just focusing on what you're doing in general (not just the music), i definitely agree there. easier for me to study or do work with headphones on than through speakers
08:00 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
or if you mean just focusing on what you're doing in general (not just the music), i definitely agree there. easier for me to study or do work with headphones on than through speakers
I meant this (writing, coding, etc.), but agree with the first as well.
08:59 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
I find I focus so much better with headphones on then playing music through speakers ... anyone else?
Definitely true for me as well
09:07 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Definitely true for me as well
Only after like 2-3 hours will my headphones push into my glasses frames a little too much and then the top of my ears start hurting. Otherwise, the "zone in" factor is incredible.
09:10 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Only after like 2-3 hours will my headphones push into my glasses frames a little too much and then the top of my ears start hurting. Otherwise, the "zone in" factor is incredible.
My headphones are so damn comfortable I can go for hours and hours. BUT I play my music at an irresponsibly high volume so eventually I have to switch to speakers just for a respite haha
09:10 PM on 04/22/14 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
It's a good thing I almost never never use earbuds cause I'm probably already gonna be deaf by age forty as is
07:39 AM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
Yeah I can't focus on a first listen of an album if it's out loud, I need my headphones.
07:51 AM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
My headphones are so damn comfortable I can go for hours and hours. BUT I play my music at an irresponsibly high volume so eventually I have to switch to speakers just for a respite haha
Hahaha, yeah, same ... the only pressure I get is because I wear glasses on the computer and the frame presses into my ear after a while.
02:12 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Any good recommendations on a soundsystem/speakers/soundbar/whatever for my bedroom that'd be under $250? Or do I really need to up my spending limit? My television speakers are awful for music and I'd love to get more use out of my appleTV's music library.
03:03 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Any good recommendations on a soundsystem/speakers/soundbar/whatever for my bedroom that'd be under $250? Or do I really need to up my spending limit? My television speakers are awful for music and I'd love to get more use out of my appleTV's music library.
I don't love Soundbars (especially for music), but I think the Vizio one is the best reviewed for around $250.

I think these Pioneer bookshelf speakers put out a really good sound for their price.

You'd need an amp or receive, and with the extra $100 or so bucks ... there is a good refurbished deal on this Yamaha that I like.
04:10 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
This. It's on a ridiculous sale price.
08:07 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
kyle is hk
The Goddamn Loveliest Melody
Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
Ended up going with Ryan's soundbar thx for the inf0
07:18 AM on 04/24/14 
User Info.
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Ended up going with Ryan's soundbar thx for the inf0
Let me know how you like it!
02:40 PM on 04/29/14 
User Info.
Of Dust and Nations
So roll me further, bitch.
Lansing, MI
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah. You can do pretty much anything.

Got a bonus at work and decided to pull the trigger on a bridge, Play 3, and two Play 1's....wow. Glad I ponied up, I love how it integrates with so many services.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos