AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Podcast: Is This Band Thing Worth It? (Episode 31)

Posted by - 05:18 PM on 04/25/14
Check ... check ... is this thing on? The AbsolutePunk.net Podcast has returned. This week brings Joseph Marro stopping by to talk about the early years of The Early November, his time in Hellogoodbye, and his current adventures managing bands like You Blew It. Life in a band isn't always like it's made out to be in the movies. The episode can be streamed and/or downloaded in the replies -- and oh how we're glad to be back!

Want to make sure you never miss an episode? You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via your own RSS feed reader, or on SoundCloud. You can also find all of our previous episodes on iTunes and SoundCloud.

Interesting in sponsoring an episode of the podcast? This is a great way to reach our loyal audience about an album or song release, special merch sale, upcoming tour ... or even an app, service, or product to sell. We can even do things like play a portion of your song and have our hosts talk a little bit about it and give thoughts. Each sponsorship also comes with a link in the podcast post right here on the homepage. Email us for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
05:19 PM on 04/25/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
07:53 PM on 04/25/14
knorr45
IG: rj_knorr
User Info.
Glad to see you guys back! I'll be listening to this at work tomorrow, thanks!
08:01 PM on 04/25/14
snu
I like to watch the NBA
User Info.
Is Drew still doing this at all? I noticed he was writing for another site now and was curious what is future at AP is.

Good podcast. Glad it's back!
08:06 PM on 04/25/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Is Drew still doing this at all? I noticed he was writing for another site now and was curious what is future at AP is.

Good podcast. Glad it's back!
No change with Drew. He just wasn't on this call / episode.
09:25 PM on 04/25/14
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
Awesome episode to come back with. Can't wait to throw this on!
10:07 PM on 04/25/14
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
Great cast.
07:31 AM on 04/26/14
InfiniteArms
Let me be your superhero
User Info.
Bookmarked this to listen to tomorrow morning.
10:25 AM on 04/26/14
ImAMetaphor
forget everything you know
User Info.
Really enjoyed listening to this. Totally agree about how some kids expect bands to produce and produce, and never really take into consideration the fact that club bands aren't rockstars, and playing to 700+ people a night doesn't necessarily satisfy an artist financially and emotionally.
01:35 PM on 04/26/14
mpeters
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Any chance of adding your podcasts to Stitcher? It's a nice podcast app that works everywhere, not just apple products (like iTunes).

Thanks!
01:55 PM on 04/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Any chance of adding your podcasts to Stitcher? It's a nice podcast app that works everywhere, not just apple products (like iTunes).

Thanks!
I don't love their terms of service:

Producer shall provide promotional consideration to Stitcher as agreed upon between Producer and Stitcher at a time subsequent to Stitcher?s publication of Submitted Content on Stitcher. Examples of such promotional consideration include but are not limited to on-air mentions of Stitcher, social media promotion, use of Stitcher?s player widgets and links from Producer?s website to Stitcher website.

Exhibit excerpts of your Submitted Content via all forms of media throughout the world in perpetuity for promotional and/or advertising purposes ("Promotional Rights"); and,

Create and use derivative works there from;

... but I'll look into it for you.
02:07 PM on 04/26/14
luckisoverrated
So is breakfast food.
User Info.
It's back! And with a great episode. All the dudes in the Early November seem so personable and friendly. Just listening to Joe's crazy stories was fun.
04:36 PM on 04/26/14
SkyGrowsBigger
User Info.
Glad the podcast is back! Any plans to keep them coming on a semi-regular basis or was this just a one-off interview? Either way, it was a great discussion.
04:41 PM on 04/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
Glad the podcast is back! Any plans to keep them coming on a semi-regular basis or was this just a one-off interview? Either way, it was a great discussion.
Plan is weekly; each Friday.
10:21 PM on 04/26/14
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
You should consider doing an interview with the_used_fan about the used new record, and how her/his fandom started with them. She/He seems like an interesting person. I don't know. Something to consider.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos