AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:31 PM on 04/17/14 
User Info.
allpwrtoslaves
No Avatar Selected
Is it back now? Mine reverted (after an OS update), but is back to the new one now.
Yeah mine just a couple of hours ago switched back
08:50 AM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
So my roommate is a property manager, and he brought home this Blu-Ray player that a tenant left behind. I hooked it up, and in a stupid moment, switched my Netflix mailing account to include BD discs (even receiving both movies yesterday) before realizing that there's no remote and unlike our DVD player, just hitting the play button doesn't do anything. Can I download some type of app or something for this? Or do I have to get a universal remote? Does the fact that it's a Samsung matter? Basically, I'm a complete idiot with shit like this, and I just want to watch Annie Hall.
09:30 AM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
So my roommate is a property manager, and he brought home this Blu-Ray player that a tenant left behind. I hooked it up, and in a stupid moment, switched my Netflix mailing account to include BD discs (even receiving both movies yesterday) before realizing that there's no remote and unlike our DVD player, just hitting the play button doesn't do anything. Can I download some type of app or something for this? Or do I have to get a universal remote? Does the fact that it's a Samsung matter? Basically, I'm a complete idiot with shit like this, and I just want to watch Annie Hall.
I don't use any of them so I don't have specific advice, but as far as I know there are plenty of apps along those lines on the various stores.
11:05 AM on 04/18/14 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Unfortunately, i think you're screwed. My roommate has a bluray up at our place with no remote and we've never been able to figure out how to get it working :/. Maaaybe there's an app for devices with an IR blaster, but I really don't know.
05:50 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
mybluemanhattan
Any recommendations for a wireless mouse?
06:27 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
perceptrons
[ ]
Any recommendations for a wireless mouse?
Logitech m570

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0043T7FXE/absolutepunk-20/ d=1398302897&sr=1-1&keywords=logitech+m570

Trackballs for life.
08:57 PM on 04/23/14 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Yeah, it's bullshit ... gonna see if I can't get that fixed today or so.
Dunno if it helps or not but I've noticed this only happens with greyscale images. Such as my avatar for example haha
12:22 AM on 04/27/14 
User Info.
bolgy99
Adam
Melbourne, Australia
Male - 25 Years Old
Anyone familiar with the WD MyCloud?

My PC died and all I really use it for is iTunes, so I bought a MacBook Pro and a 4TB MyCloud. Ideally I should be able to wirelessly access the hard drive over my wifi as well as stream to my iOS devices on 3G/4G.

I've had issues so far with files not showing up in Finder and everything seems really slow on my MacBook, especially compared to the speed I get through the app supplied for iOS devices over wifi.

I've also had issues port forwarding for the MyCloud, which I think is effecting the streaming when I'm not connected locally. I'm usually pretty good with routers but this is throwing me.

Just consider this venting if nobody has any experience with them...
02:22 PM on 04/27/14 
User Info.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Looking to pick up a new router for my family. We currently have 4 smart phones, one iPad, three laptops, one Xbox 360, and one PS3, in a two story house with a basement. What should I get? The Asus RT-N66U seems like a good option but my knowledge of routers is very limited. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006QB1RPY/absolutepunk-20/
02:47 PM on 04/27/14 
User Info.
eriatarka24
got this just a few months ago and it solved all our problems -
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/NETGEAR+...4300&cp=1&lp=1

everything downloads fine, can stream full HD, no interruptions.

we have 2 laptops, desktop, xbox 360, ipad mini, two smartphones.
03:55 PM on 04/27/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I currently use an apple timecapsule/airport hybrid thingy (forgot the real name) -- haven't had any problems + like the automatic backup options. However, I'll need a new one someday whenever the wifi speeds improve dramatically again ... and then it kinda becomes a useless HD.

I'd buy this one today though:

NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC 1200
04:52 PM on 04/27/14 
User Info.
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
Southgate, MI
Male - 23 Years Old
Thanks. The specs on that netgear 1200 look great, I may go with that one.
08:30 AM on 04/28/14 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I have an Asus N66U at my parents house and an Asus AC66U at my place. They are both, hands down, the best routers I've ever used.
02:00 PM on 04/28/14 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
what is the best virus scan app/service for Mac? My MacBook Pro has been super fucking slow lately and I've don't everything else I can think of. Would prefer something that's free, obviously, and that will do a relatively quick scan
02:19 PM on 04/28/14 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I have an Asus N66U at my parents house and an Asus AC66U at my place. They are both, hands down, the best routers I've ever used.
Both have security and reliability issues. Make sure you've updated the firmware.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos