AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Podcast: No Fees, No Problem (Episode 33)

Posted by - 01:13 AM on 05/09/14
This week on the AbsolutePunk.net Podcast, Zack and I sat down with Nate Dorough from Fusion Shows to talk some insider baseball about putting on shows, booking festivals, a whole lot of Brand New stuff (weird how many of my conversations somehow come back to this), and why Fusion Shows doesn't charge any services fees on tickets for their shows. We also talk a lot about Bled Fest, which is coming up in Michigan on May 24th. The episode can be streamed and/or downloaded in the replies.

Want to make sure you never miss an episode? You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via your own RSS feed reader, on SoundCloud, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on iTunes and SoundCloud.

Sponsor:

Idy: A band who just released their new album on Bandcamp, and have new merch up for sale. Definitely check them out, and thank you to the band for sponsoring this week's episode.

Guest:

Nate Dorough's Twitter
FusionShows
Bledfest 2013

Hosts:

Zack Zarrillo's Twitter
PropertyOfZack

Jason Tate's Twitter
Jason Tate's Blog

Want to sponsor?Interested in sponsoring an episode of the podcast? This is a great way to reach our loyal audience about an album or song release, special merch sale, upcoming tour ... or even an app, service, or product to sell. We can even do things like play a portion of your song and have our hosts talk a little bit about it and give thoughts. Each sponsorship also comes with a link in the podcast post right here on the homepage.

Email us for more information.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
03:27 AM on 05/09/14
Jonodeath
The Swellers / Jonathan
User Info.
Nate rules! If you're going to Bled Fest make sure to watch my new band BRAIDEDVEINS play Stage C at 12:50!
05:28 AM on 05/09/14
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Fusion Shows is the bestest.
05:49 AM on 05/09/14
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Bled Fest was great last year but this year didn't have enough to justify the travel for me.

Excited to listen to this
06:52 AM on 05/09/14
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
go bled go
06:52 AM on 05/09/14
ARo2431
User Info.
Fusion Shows do an awesome job this is cool.
07:52 AM on 05/09/14
Griff
It's getting fucking dark.
User Info.
Wow, pleasantly surprised to see Nate and Fusion as the topic of the podcast. They do great things for the Michigan music scene, it's been great to see them grow so much-- especially in the last few years
08:42 AM on 05/09/14
RLEbrandon
Rocky Loves Emily
User Info.
Good guy.
08:44 AM on 05/09/14
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Wow, pleasantly surprised to see Nate and Fusion as the topic of the podcast. They do great things for the Michigan music scene, it's been great to see them grow so much-- especially in the last few years
This, 100%. Super excited for Bled Fest this year, and excited to listen to this podcast beforehand!
08:51 AM on 05/09/14
Timmerton120
Timmy Sampana
User Info.
Awesome to hear that aspect of live shows and such. Nate sounds like a cool guy and Bled Fest sounds sick! Had no idea it was in a school.
08:58 AM on 05/09/14
cscwell107
You Will Always Have My Attention
User Info.
Really excited for Bled Fest
09:28 AM on 05/09/14
Ye Olde Gangsta
User Info.
so glad i live in michigan to experience fusion's awesomeness. tasty show practically every week
09:40 AM on 05/09/14
The Meech
User Info.
trying to get excited for bled this year but I just can't. not saying the lineup is bad, just not for me. great feastival though and I've been to multiple fusion shows, which are awesome. cool idea for a podcast.
10:14 AM on 05/09/14
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I could start over again I would want to grow up to be Fusion Shows. They do great stuff for the Michigan music scene, and I'll never forget those Your Best Friend farewell shows.
12:12 PM on 05/09/14
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
If it weren't for Nate and the Fusion Shows team, I may have never gotten as extensively into the alternative/punk scene as I have. Fusion puts on some of the best shows in Michigan at some of the best venues - I'm truly blessed to know that guy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos