AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Exclusive: Mayday Parade - "Hear the Sound"

Posted by - 10:29 AM on 05/26/14
Today we've teamed up with our friends at Purevolume and Property of Zack to bring you some new Mayday Parade songs! Purevolume has "Worth a Thousand Words," POZ has "Stuck in Remission," and we've got "Hear the Sound" for you in the replies. The three songs come from the band's deluxe edition of Monsters In The Closet set to release tomorrow, and don't forget the band will be on this year's main stage of Warped Tour.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
10:29 AM on 05/26/14
Jason Tate
User Info.
10:41 AM on 05/26/14
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
They sound awesome!
10:43 AM on 05/26/14
i'm a big deal.
Streets ahead.
User Info.
I used to really like Mayday Parade, but now everything is starting to sound the same. The new stuff just isn't memorable enough IMO.
11:13 AM on 05/26/14
stopshootrepeat
Pro Slacker
User Info.
Am I the only one who's hearing out of tune guitars/bass? Not throughout but really noticeable in sections.
11:14 AM on 05/26/14
piercethesirens
piercethesirens
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I used to really like Mayday Parade, but now everything is starting to sound the same. The new stuff just isn't memorable enough IMO.
I actually agree with this 100% a lesson in romantics and anywhere but here were solid album the next two just seemed really bland and like they were missing something
11:53 AM on 05/26/14
jmartino
User Info.
I actually agree with this 100% a lesson in romantics and anywhere but here were solid album the next two just seemed really bland and like they were missing something
I think they're missing the dual vocals that Jason Lancaster provided. That seemed to set them apart from a lot of other bands with similar sounds.
12:28 PM on 05/26/14
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
This band keeps writing the same song, and while it's worked a couple times since the second album (Stay, Oh well, Terrible Things), it's been mostly a very redundant, uninspired listen.
01:50 PM on 05/26/14
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I really like Hear the Sound, and I'm sure the other tracks will grow on me like both s/t and Monsters in the Closet as a whole had to. I definitely understand the complaints other have about them not changing up their sound, but I don't mind - I listen to Mayday when I'm in the mood for angsty, catchy, harmonizing pop-rock. They play that sound well, and each song means enough to me in its own way that I'm totally okay with it.
01:57 PM on 05/26/14
OverSlyZed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The new album is terrible
03:13 PM on 05/26/14
T.E.N Fan
thelastwordisrejoice.
User Info.
I hate how bands release deluxe editions so fast. There are some exceptions, but this album hasnt even been out a year and now there is a deluxe edition.
07:30 PM on 05/26/14
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Eh, not bad. Probably like it more than most of the songs on the new record. Considering how great the Self Titled was I was really disappointed with Monsters in the Closet.
07:34 PM on 05/26/14
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I didn't like the new album at all at first but it grew on me over a lot of time. It's probably a solid #2 in their catalog for me behind S/T.
08:18 PM on 05/26/14
Ngxtreme13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow. Atrocious lyrics. There's no emotion in their music at all anymore. Where are the power vocals that made them so different?
08:47 PM on 05/26/14
piercethesirens
piercethesirens
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think they're missing the dual vocals that Jason Lancaster provided. That seemed to set them apart from a lot of other bands with similar sounds.
Yeah i agree they were better with Jason but i still thought there first full length album without Jason was really good. then the next two albums seemed boring and the same.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos