I will be doing an e-mail or phone interview with Chris Jay, singer of Army of Freshmen, in the near future. The band (currently unsigned) toured with Bowling For Soup for the entire US Get Happy Tour and will be picking up the UK leg in February, again with BFS. Leave your questions and I will do my best to get them asked.
1) When I first got Beg, Borrow, Steal back in the day, I noticed there was a refrence to "The Boardwalk Died". That didn't mean anything to me really, until I heard the Less Than Jake song "Rest of My Life" in which there is a direct refrence: "I Walked Alone In Those Jersey Nights, and I Saw The Boardwalk (Asbury Park) Start To Drown." Chris, being from New Jersey, Is the Boardwalk you talk about in your song the same Boardwalk that is mentioned in the Less Than Jake song?
2) In the Self Titled CD I think Aaron Sings "Save The World", in BBS he has his lines, and in UTR aside from backing Owen he sings the first [Painted a Picture....] on "End Of The Day". For the next AOF Record, will we see a more breakout for Aaron, as in maybe a full song or parts of?
3) Aside from the songs pre self titled, what is the one song, from self titled throuugh Under The Radar that you absolutley HATED/HATE playing live?
4) Did Mike (Rini) leave on good terms with the band? If so do you still talk to him and 'One?
5) Before UTR came out, Chris, you mentioned that ya'll had recorded a cover of the Dire Straits song, "Walk of Life", will that song ever surface or have the ideas for the been scrapped all together?
6) "Waiting On Me" is that about life on the road? All the lyrics seem to point to it such as: Road Map On The Wall With To Many Pins In It / Got To Play The Game But Never Got To Winning. It basically seems that it is you're cry that you've gotten to tour, but you haven't been signed yet.
7) Kai once told me that you guys HATE Talk of The Town and that it almost didn't make Under The Radar. If so, why?
8) Last one: These days being on the road, and touring the US, UK, Japan, etc. do you ever have those days where you miss playing at those smaller, unknown venues like the oh say, The Livery Theater? I know I miss it, and I'm sure you guys do to.