Username
Password

11:29 AM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Been reading more and more about the Gaza Strip and the history of the region since Israel was created. Some very interesting and pretty disheartening events have gone on there.

How does everyone here feel about it? I'd love to learn more and get everyone's opinions.
11:46 AM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I support a two-state solution as an transitory stage.
11:47 AM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
Mitch
this is water
Jamaica Plain, MA
Male - 25 Years Old
And then what?
11:56 AM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Hopefully a secular state.
12:03 PM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Hopefully a secular state.

You don't think the damage and hard feelings (much too light of a term, I know, but I don't know what else to put) won't be too strong for them to overcome?

What kind of timeline are you thinking? (Not meant to sound like I'm on the attack if it comes across that way)
12:05 PM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
You don't think the damage and hard feelings (much too light of a term, I know, but I don't know what else to put) won't be too strong for them to overcome?

What kind of timeline are you thinking? (Not meant to sound like I'm on the attack if it comes across that way)
That's why I acknowledge the need for a middle period of two-states which would need to work together to peacefully coexist. Dom brought this up once and I never really considered the leap beyond just two states based against each other on something like religion.

As for a timeline, who knows?
12:24 PM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
That's why I acknowledge the need for a middle period of two-states which would need to work together to peacefully coexist. Dom brought this up once and I never really considered the leap beyond just two states based against each other on something like religion.

As for a timeline, who knows?

Seems like it would take a big shift in the attitudes of most of the major countries and powers in the world. Seems everyone with any sway is behind Israel and only Israel.
12:36 PM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
Whose idea was it to build a "safe haven" for Jews after the Holocaust in a place that borders Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt?
12:41 PM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Sup Britain with the backing of the US.
01:06 PM on 11/11/09 
User Info.
neo506
thy foes profanely rage
Greensboro, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Whose idea was it to build a "safe haven" for Jews after the Holocaust in a place that borders Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt?
God's. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
08:48 AM on 11/13/09 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I've been to the West Bank and Israel. As of right now, Palestine has no chance of existing, not even close.

Why do you say that? (I'm just really interested)
12:55 PM on 11/13/09 
User Info.
Jali
Bitch, get off my corn!
Northampton
Male - 24 Years Old
I think Bruno was right (they should get on because they both like hummus)
06:29 AM on 11/16/09 
User Info.
face
No Avatar Selected
Sydney
Female
Ideally I'd like to see a single secular state too, but as boykosaurus got at, its unlikely considering Israel's almost complete influence over affairs, at both a local and international level. Simultaneously, the current condition of any Palestinian representative body is unfortunately a sorry one. I personally think Fatah have a better chance because of Arafat's old 'glory days' (not that he acomplished much in the end) but judging by the last few years it looks at though Israel is about to swallow and comfortably digest what is left of Palesitne's Swiss cheese.

I think this is tragic considering the loss of life, culture and rights of Palestinians. I know those remaining in Palestine will not give up, and rightly so, but as much as it pains me to say it, I cannot see them winning more than a few minor battles.

The entire situation is a mess, and its really hard to express a coherent opinion on it. Sorry is this is really convoluted and vague, but it is rather late. I'd be interested in reading what others too think of the situation.
01:38 AM on 11/24/09 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
let's have china give georgia back to the cherokee, arm them to the teeth, and back them as they ethnically cleanse the areas non cherokees inhabit and see what happens.
03:26 PM on 11/24/09 
User Info.
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
let's have china give georgia back to the cherokee, arm them to the teeth, and back them as they ethnically cleanse the areas non cherokees inhabit and see what happens.

Love this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version