2. How did this band get started?
When I was about eight, or nine years old, my father bought me a guitar. After making random sounds with it until I was about twelve or thirteen, I decided to try and make something that sounds in tune. I practiced a whole lot. Formed some bands, wrote some songs. Ended up writing an album in reaction to my friend’s brother’s comment that I’m not meant to be a singer. Then, I formed the band Looking Glass Wars with a bunch of friends. We wrote an EP, played a bunch of shows and went on an indefinite hiatus. Between September and February of 2008-2009 I dealt with the worst events of my life and felt the need to write. A couple of friends gave me some money to go into the studio. Went into the studio for two weeks and wrote an album of fifteen songs. Now…I am a solo artist.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Beatles. Brian Setzer. Andrew Wk. Dillinger Escape Plan.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
The headliner would be the Beatles, because they can draw everyone in the world. But, I would put Dillinger Escape Plan on the bill to scare all of the little ones who are there because they enjoy one of the band’s promo pictures. Whoever is still left will have the opportunity to party hard with Andrew Wk. Of course I would open. If by any chance the Beatles dropped off for a better tour on another planet or if any of the Dillinger members caught fire or broke too many bones, or if Andrew Wk didn’t feel as though the party was hard enough, I would replace them with Muse.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
I would be bear, but a bear that has adapted to society so I can enter the NFL Draft and become a Nose Tackle.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because I put all of my time into making or thinking about making music just for people to give it a listen.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would pick a song called “Love in Black and White” off of my first album, The Musician, because it is a piano piece, and neither of the games have a device to emulate a piano. It would confuse everyone and it will be the only song published on either game that you will automatically fail at. I don’t want everyone to fail, but it may encourage more people to stop playing video games and pick up an actual instrument.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Kanye West, for staying in his seat.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Contests that make karaoke singers into “Professional Recording Artists”.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Playing L’Imperial in Montreal and seeing a girl in the front row singing words to my songs on an album that wasn’t even released in the country yet. Then, meeting her after the show to learn that she can only speak French.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP is a network that is shared not only by the fans of music, but the creators of it. Ever since the life of my previous project, AP has given me the opportunity to promote my music to its readers/listeners.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Ocean by John Butler Trio
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Atlantic City. I like to make the trip with the minimum needed to enter a 1-2 blind Texas Hold’em table. I can sit for countless hours if I do well. If not I try to convince my friends that I am the reason they are winning in slots and they should split any jackpots over 400 bucks. If this doesn’t work I reach into my wallet for emergency money and drink.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My father is the 5th Beatle and nobody knows about it. I was lucky to have great music surrounding me throughout my childhood. The Beatles, The Beach Boys, and Elvis.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to eat anything and everything without getting full, fat or diseased. Why? Because eating is the best necessity in life.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I will write and record music until I die. That is my goal. Anything extra will help me share with other people.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Fans don’t know that I have written chapters and chapters of different unfinished books that I can’t seem to keep motivated to finish.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
There is nothing like Christmas in New York.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play guitar for hours and hours, eat Buffalo wings, write, have nonsensical conversations with foolish friends and drive my lady bonkers. Oh, and drink hearty imported beverages.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can draw a leadoff walk in men’s slow-pitch softball. I have WD-40 on these wheels. On first base, I’m practically in scoring position.