AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive: The Wonder Years - "I Was...

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (09/15/10)
The Wonder Years are re-releasing The Upsides on September 21st. We've teamed up with Hopeless Records and the band to bring you an exclusive stream of the new full-band song from the re-release, "I Was Scared & I'm Sorry". Check it out on their AP.net Profile and weigh in your thoughts in the replies!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 123
11:58 PM on 09/15/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
This was supposed to be up at midnight and I've been having problems uploading it for hours. Thanks to Adam for helping me! Song rules, band rules, re-release rules, everything is awesome.

I think if this song was originally on the record it would have been at least my third favorite.
12:01 AM on 09/16/10
KillyourIdols88
Standing on the Edge of Summer
User Info.
I so wish I was on a computer right now!
12:01 AM on 09/16/10
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
;]

Also, I've been listening to this song nonstop for over an hour and it's perfect.
12:12 AM on 09/16/10
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
"she watches Breakfast At Tiffany's, it calms her completely. I guess Sarah Marshall does the same thing for me."
Brilliant.
12:18 AM on 09/16/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.

Edit: I absolutely love this track. I've been holding off on listening to the new songs, but might as well. That Sarah Marshall line is killer also since I can relate -- much like the rest of The Upsides. Hopefully I'll get my pre-order soon. But it's looking like I won't get it before I leave for school this weekend.
12:19 AM on 09/16/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
"she watches Breakfast At Tiffany's, it calms her completely. I guess Sarah Marshall does the same thing for me."
Brilliant.
My favorite line. I saw them play this live at one of the NFG shows....I've had the reissue for a while so me and this girl I was with were the only one who knew the words. People gave us dirty looks haha. But it was awesome, I lost it at that part. He writes more personal lyrics than anyone else around.
12:21 AM on 09/16/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I like every other song on the record more then this song I think. Still good but I don't see it's place really on the record.
12:24 AM on 09/16/10
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
I like every other song on the record more then this song I think. Still good but I don't see it's place really on the record.
i know what you're saying, it really doesn't fit the album but it's a good song
12:26 AM on 09/16/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.

I agree with this part.
12:27 AM on 09/16/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Fuck, I'm so happy we got to put this up as an exclusive. I've been wanting to let every person I know hear this song since I first heard it. Reissue was a great idea.
12:28 AM on 09/16/10
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
Fuck, I'm so happy we got to put this up as an exclusive. I've been wanting to let every person I know hear this song since I first heard it. Reissue was a great idea.
haha i saw your post in TWY thread that it leaked or something, glad that i didn't get out to a lot of people before you got to put it up
12:30 AM on 09/16/10
chrispompey
User Info.
Im pretty sure it doesnt fit on the record cause they recorded it like a few months back. It wasnt written for the upsides.

I could be wrong.

But i do hear keys and possibly a thrid guitar and theyre a 6 piece again so possibly
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha i saw your post in TWY thread that it leaked or something, glad that i didn't get out to a lot of people before you got to put it up
That totally didn't happen. ;)
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Im pretty sure it doesnt fit on the record cause they recorded it like a few months back. It wasnt written for the upsides.

I could be wrong.

But i do hear keys and possibly a thrid guitar and theyre a 6 piece again so possibly
And yeah, this is a new song written specifically for the re-release. Nick is in it. Just like the new Logan Circle.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests