Username
Password

Album Review - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 201.
05:24 PM on 11/28/07
rodericknj
son, i loved you at your darkest
User Info.
I loved this CD very much. My only note would be to leave out some of the terrible screams.
05:29 PM on 11/28/07
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
User Info.
Guilty pleasure.
05:44 PM on 11/28/07
Johnny Minardi
User Info.
"Sorry you're not a winner" is a fucking sweet song!
05:46 PM on 11/28/07
Grizzlybear
User Info.
Blake Solomon is a retard.
05:52 PM on 11/28/07
sonicfury
User Info.
That review was a load of arse, I'm not exactly a massive fan of Enter Shikari (bunch of rich kids who got their parents to pay for them to tour relentlessly so that they got noticed) however this album is at the least a right laugh, I always enjoy hearing Sorry You're Not A Winner and Labyrinth. Also whoever said that bands can't be a different prospect live is frankly retarded, it is definitly the case with these guys, the synth parts live totally change the music.
05:58 PM on 11/28/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Blake Solomon is a retard.

totes, brah, totes.
06:26 PM on 11/28/07
Grizzlybear
User Info.

no, you dont get to make some snide little comment bitch. let me try to pull more words out of my said previous statement.

I just want to be the first to point out the fact that this site and its reviewers are becoming more and more prejudice against fun music. If the band is not playing up to the matured singer/songwriter sense of style with complete disregard for pop melodies (E.G. Straylight Runs needles/space or Thrices vehissue) or overly saturated indie literature bullshit (E.G. modest mouse or the mountain goats) then it gets the shaft on this site and that bullshit since this site started as a fucking BLINK 182 fan forum.

I am a music Journalist and One of the more difficult parts of the job is paying the review to the necessary crowd and keeping it entertaining. If you are not a fan of Popcore or Trancecore or Post Hardcore or whatever the fuck ES wants to call themselves then this album should never have found its way to your hands and i blame Jason tate for that. At my place we have a guy for metal, a guy for hardcore, a guy for indie, and a guy for punk. we each shop our own labels and if we get a promo for a band we know we wont like we will pass it along to the designated reviewer for that genre. You think you are doing a service to the crowd who has been looking forward to this review by telling them that the album is bad but not horrible. well i know there are 50,000 kids out there (at least 5,000 members of this very site) that want to tell you to fuck off right now. You are not writing the review for the kid who has never heard of the band but the person who has maybe got wind and wants an honest opinion. you are not the ass to be given said honest opinion to anyone.

And how dare you hold someones accent against them, or the fact that they are genre bending. are kids not allowed to mesh sounds anymore. On the pure fact that you believe the grindcore screams and squeals belong nowhere near a trance arpegio proves that you are as simple minded as any scenester with a bukowski book. you are the exact same kind of artfag that raves about midtown but refuses to nod your head to a cobra starship jam. its called progression artard.

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS. listen close hear boner.
the second you stop having fun listening to new music is the second you should be replaced.

end thread/
06:42 PM on 11/28/07
Adrian Villagomez
West of the World
User Info.
jees man you are churning reviews out like...butter? im out of comparisons this morning, but you are a machine nonetheless. And each review is quality somehow. Props.

</end fanboy rant>
He's a wildeman, and becoming quite popular among the users it seems.
06:43 PM on 11/28/07
Esrb99
The Pertinacious Papist
User Info.
Quote:
no, you dont get to make some snide little comment bitch. let me try to pull more words out of my said previous statement.

I just want to be the first to point out the fact that this site and its reviewers are becoming more and more prejudice against fun music. If the band is not playing up to the matured singer/songwriter sense of style with complete disregard for pop melodies (E.G. Straylight Runs needles/space or Thrices vehissue) or overly saturated indie literature bullshit (E.G. modest mouse or the mountain goats) then it gets the shaft on this site and that bullshit since this site started as a fucking BLINK 182 fan forum.

I am a music Journalist and One of the more difficult parts of the job is paying the review to the necessary crowd and keeping it entertaining. If you are not a fan of Popcore or Trancecore or Post Hardcore or whatever the fuck ES wants to call themselves then this album should never have found its way to your hands and i blame Jason tate for that. At my place we have a guy for metal, a guy for hardcore, a guy for indie, and a guy for punk. we each shop our own labels and if we get a promo for a band we know we wont like we will pass it along to the designated reviewer for that genre. You think you are doing a service to the crowd who has been looking forward to this review by telling them that the album is bad but not horrible. well i know there are 50,000 kids out there (at least 5,000 members of this very site) that want to tell you to fuck off right now. You are not writing the review for the kid who has never heard of the band but the person who has maybe got wind and wants an honest opinion. you are not the ass to be given said honest opinion to anyone.

And how dare you hold someones accent against them, or the fact that they are genre bending. are kids not allowed to mesh sounds anymore. On the pure fact that you believe the grindcore screams and squeals belong nowhere near a trance arpegio proves that you are as simple minded as any scenester with a bukowski book. you are the exact same kind of artfag that raves about midtown but refuses to nod your head to a cobra starship jam. its called progression artard.

the second you stop having fun listening to new music is the second you should be replaced.

end thread/

...damn.
06:53 PM on 11/28/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

end thread/

Firstly, I love the capitalization of "journalist." Is that pedestal made of gold? It sure does look pretty from down here.

And, really, I shouldn't be responding because anyone that has to use the term "retard" to put down someone else is not truly worth my time. But, alas, Kitchen Nightmare is on commercial, so I'll give it a go.

I don't listen to just one type of music, and I love how someone who is "in the business" makes such grand claims of generalizations about how this site judges music. Each reviewer is entitled to his or her own opinion, just like you are. But to imply that there is some sort of concerted effort to hate on certain albums is bullshit and you know it. I don't enjoy one type of music. I like lots of types (especially anything by Raffi). Oh shit, was that a joke? What the frick was I thinking? This MUSIC, must be serious!!!

When did my review become a way to liberate fans of Enter Shikari? If they were waiting for the Blake Solomon Seal of Approval (which I guarantee, not a single person was), then they need to take a long look at themselves. (Here's a hint, when I say "them," I mean "you.")

I didn't like it. I said I didn't like it. I had an awesome time saying I didn't like it, which is my right.

You are really that hurt by my having a dislike for his accent? Dude, it sounds horrible. I've lived in Britain, I have heard plenty of British singers, this guy just isn't good.

Truthfully, I am mad at myself for responding to you. It isn't usually like me, but you really need to check yourself. Don't EVER lecture me on enjoyment of music, or anything ever again for that matter. I don't like being angry, and it doesn't happen often, so I guess you win or whatever. I'm riled up and pissed. Have a good night.
06:56 PM on 11/28/07
Jumpoff
Jews for Cheeses
User Info.

end thread/

well skullfuck you dick.

You really do use your words amazingly well for a music Journalist.

I forgot to mention, this album wasn't good really. I liked Labyrinth, Anything Can happen, and Sorry You're Not A Winner but everything else just bored the hell out of me.
07:05 PM on 11/28/07
Cheshire_Buddha
Poop My Pants
User Info.

end thread/

This album still sucks balls.
07:09 PM on 11/28/07
Grizzlybear
User Info.
firstly if you have to start off by pointing out spelling and grammatical flaws then its obvious you dont have a leg to stand on. sorry my editor wasnt sitting next to me to proof read my opinion on a fucking message board thread.

if you are only person who is going to post a review then it is your fucking DUTY to pay it to the crowd. did you see the overwhelming negative response to your review. you obviously didnt even think of the concensus of the crowd you were writing for. a writer simply MUST write for their audience. if you want to keep a journal of your OPINIONS then get a small black ledger from barnes and noble and stash it under your bed. but if its going to go on the front page of an insanely popular alternative music website then dont fucking post your OPINON and write a god damned record REVIEW. review it, dont bitch about it.

your right, no one was waiting for your seal of approval and no one was waiting for your opinion. a record review is a "this is what it is and this is what it does" peice of literature. on the front page it says record reviews. not random opinions.

you had a wonderfully written rant but a piss poor record review. deal with it.

P.S. about me lecturing you, you obviously dont enjoy music and it shows with your simple minded empty thought of an opinion you posted. i bet there are 100 kids who would kill to do what we do and can write better then us. so stop feeling so entitled to your opion and start writing reviews.
07:22 PM on 11/28/07
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
firstly if you have to start off by pointing out spelling and grammatical flaws then its obvious you dont have a leg to stand on. sorry my editor wasnt sitting next to me to proof read my opinion on a fucking message board thread.

if you are only person who is going to post a review then it is your fucking DUTY to pay it to the crowd. did you see the overwhelming negative response to your review. you obviously didnt even think of the concensus of the crowd you were writing for. a writer simply MUST write for their audience. if you want to keep a journal of your OPINIONS then get a small black ledger from barnes and noble and stash it under your bed. but if its going to go on the front page of an insanely popular alternative music website then dont fucking post your OPINON and write a god damned record REVIEW. review it, dont bitch about it.

your right, no one was waiting for your seal of approval and no one was waiting for your opinion. a record review is a "this is what it is and this is what it does" peice of literature. on the front page it says record reviews. not random opinions.

you had a wonderfully written rant but a piss poor record review. deal with it.

P.S. about me lecturing you, you obviously dont enjoy music and it shows with your simple minded empty thought of an opinion you posted. i bet there are 100 kids who would kill to do what we do and can write better then us. so stop feeling so entitled to your opion and start writing reviews.

I saw a lot of people agreeing with me. I saw people disagreeing. Without counting the responses, I'd say nothing was "overwhelming." Oh, I'm nitpicking your word choice again, my bad. How on Earth can you pretend to say that a record review isn't based on personal opinion? Am I going to put some boring ass dialogue on the chord progressions and all that bullhocky? Nobody wants to read that. I'd much rather input my little jokes and make it interesting. That's my style, if you don't like that, fine. However, I don't believe for one teensy little second that you write "reviews" that lack any personal opinion.

I don't feel entitled to anything. I worked my little booty off to write for this site and I still work hard for it everyday. But calling it work makes it sound like I don't LOVE every minute of being a reviewer here. I know it could be taken away from me any second (well, maybe not quite so melodramatic, but still). I don't know what I would do if I couldn't write about music. But that being said, there's no way that 100 kids on this site can write better than me. I'm the best writer ever. Just look at this terse sentence structure. Isn't it pretty? The second I start writing reviews without using my opinion, I won't need to be fired (even though in your world that type of behavior somehow gets you a promotion), I will quit.
07:36 PM on 11/28/07
Heart-A-Tact
User Info.
The accents really get to me. Not sure they can help that much, though. "Sorry, You're Not a Winner" is really all I liked from this.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums